Has anyone noticed the Latest Beta adds new Sectors?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

spankahontis
x4

Has anyone noticed the Latest Beta adds new Sectors?

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 24. Jan 20, 21:56

So Far I've discovered 3, but there could be more out there.
Spoiler
Show
Frontier Edge - South of The Void, North of Attiya's Misfortune I. So it looks like ANT Memorial have Xenon problems now, seen K's in their space.

Turquoise Sea X - East of Company Regard, North of Scale Plate Green VII, Neither side will expand into Sectors that aren't claimed at the start.
Will that change if you set up a base here? Will it aggro the Xenon?

Turquoise Sea IX - Super Highway North of Turquoise Sea X Both Sectors are rich in all resources so great place to set up a mining operation, using T.S X as a buffer.
There could be more new Sectors out there, all the ones I found are Unclaimed, no Factories, No Pirate Bases AFAIK?
If you find any more? Let me know?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Axeface
x4

Re: Has anyone noticed the Latest Beta adds new Sectors?

Post by Axeface » Fri, 24. Jan 20, 22:29

Spoiler
Show
Getsu Fune aswell, north of The Void. All empty for me too

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 24. Jan 20, 22:49

those 3 are it, maybe a precursor for split, but I think it was said that this are neutral bc the player has more choice other then nopileus and silent witness, the placing is interesting if you choose to build there :)
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sat, 25. Jan 20, 02:21

Axeface wrote:
Sat, 25. Jan 20, 00:48
Damn betty and her pronounciation!
Interesting? Getsu Fune wasn't an empty System in X3, it had Equipment Docks, factories and was a defensive outpost against the Xenon to the North.

Wonder what happened to it?
Maybe the Xenon got them when they were cut off by the Gate Shutdown? But the Xenon would still be there if they did?
Or maybe they had no means to sustain themselves and they died out?
They had Argnu and Delaxian Wheat factories, but no Steak Cahoona factories, they had Equipment Docks but no means to produce weapons?

I'm guessing they withered away and died. Wish Egosoft would add detail to the sector backgrounds so we could know the law of what happened there?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 25. Jan 20, 09:18

All sectors are purposely empty. They are intended to be free/unclaimed space for the player to use.

raUlo
x4

Post by raUlo » Sat, 25. Jan 20, 10:26

Spoiler
Show
Turquoise Sea
seems to be an exact copy of Atiya's Misfortune (visually), except for the large planet (the colors of which seem a bit off to me) and the nebula. The small planet also looks exactly the same

EDIT: I've just had a look at the other two systems and something about them feels very "X3-ish". I really like that

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Sat, 25. Jan 20, 15:20

spankahontis wrote:
Sat, 25. Jan 20, 02:21

Interesting? Getsu Fune wasn't an empty System in X3, it had Equipment Docks, factories and was a defensive outpost against the Xenon to the North.

Maybe the Xenon got them when they were cut off by the Gate Shutdown? But the Xenon would still be there if they did?
They had Argnu and Delaxian Wheat factories, but no Steak Cahoona factories, they had Equipment Docks but no means to produce weapons?

I'm guessing they withered away and died. Wish Egosoft would add detail to the sector backgrounds so we could know the law of what happened there?
According with the X4 encyclopedia, also PTNI HQ was taken by the Xenon, but after the gate realignment, it was found empty, so the Teladi reclaimed the system and renamed it as Memory of Profit.

Alith-Ahnar
Xtreme
Xtreme
x4

Post by Alith-Ahnar » Thu, 30. Jan 20, 00:21

spankahontis wrote:
Axeface wrote:
Sat, 25. Jan 20, 00:48
Damn betty and her pronounciation!

If you spend some time flying through the Sector the died and withered is the most likely scenario.

There are still derelict Station Modules floating in space and to my understanding Getsu Fune was never a populated System in the First Place but more so a neutral ground way station into space that later turned out to be Xenon infested.
X2: You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!
X4: Chelt are better pilot then you!/Machine behave badly Split switch off.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 30. Jan 20, 00:37

Pesanur wrote:
Sat, 25. Jan 20, 15:20
spankahontis wrote:

According with the X4 encyclopedia, also PTNI HQ was taken by the Xenon, but after the gate realignment, it was found empty, so the Teladi reclaimed the system and renamed it as Memory of Profit.
Ahhhh! I didn't know that! Missed that one.
Yeah I remember PTNI Headquarters, it was nextdoor to Scale Plate Green which was next door to Xenon Sector 347, so the Xenon came from 347 decimated Scale Plate Green and carried the chaos into PTNI Headquarters before the Gate Shutdown.

I love how the Gate Shutdown has caused a massive shake up in general order of the X Universe. From X:Rebirth to X4, so many more new factions that have risen from the chaos.
SplitBoy wrote:
Thu, 30. Jan 20, 00:21

If you spend some time flying through the Sector the died and withered is the most likely scenario.

There are still derelict Station Modules floating in space and to my understanding Getsu Fune was never a populated System in the First Place but more so a neutral ground way station into space that later turned out to be Xenon infested.
I think it was the only Sector in X3 that had Equipment Docks for each of the Races and a Royal Boron Trading Post.
I remember the sector north of it was rich in Nvidium roids, but you had to get through the scores of Xenon to reach them.

Alith-Ahnar
Xtreme
Xtreme
x4

Post by Alith-Ahnar » Thu, 30. Jan 20, 00:56

spankahontis wrote:
Thu, 30. Jan 20, 00:37
SplitBoy wrote:

I think it was the only Sector in X3 that had Equipment Docks for each of the Races and a Royal Boron Trading Post.
I remember the sector north of it was rich in Nvidium roids, but you had to get through the scores of Xenon to reach them.
A quick look at the in game lore entry to the Sector in X³:AP shows i was a bit off on the not populated as it had around 99 million.
And the reason for the different Race Equipment Docks was an attempt land grab.
X2: You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!
X4: Chelt are better pilot then you!/Machine behave badly Split switch off.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sat, 1. Feb 20, 20:36

SplitBoy wrote:
Thu, 30. Jan 20, 00:56
spankahontis wrote:
Thu, 30. Jan 20, 00:37
SplitBoy wrote:

A quick look at the in game lore entry to the Sector in X³:AP shows i was a bit off on the not populated as it had around 99 million.
And the reason for the different Race Equipment Docks was an attempt land grab.

Strange, so there could still be people living on a Planet in that system? The Xenon probably didn't have time to infest it like they did Scale Plate Green.
They may still be alive?

I REALLY WISH Egosoft poured more effort into the lore of these Sectors in X4.. To know how each Sector survived the shutdown.
This is what X:Rebirth does much better that X:4, for it's lack of Sectors it made every Sector look special and there was lore and storyline behind them.
It's the case of having less, but making it look like you have more.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”