Data Vaults and spacesuit bombs

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Axeface
x4

Data Vaults and spacesuit bombs

Post by Axeface » Tue, 28. Jan 20, 15:08

I was looking at the data vaults, and I noticed that there are some areas that look like they might be vents inside the structures (clipping your view through the door reveals a room). There are also data vaults with what look like doors inside the side panels, I placed a spacesuit bomb on one of them and all the doors of the data vault shut, and the lights went off. Is there more to data vaults than just repairing switches and going into the large side panels?

Edit: Oh maybe im being an idiot and missing the obvious, time to detonate a spacesuit device while inside the side panel and get shut inside?

Edit2: I tried it. Im locked inside the side panel but the door is still there :( If I clip my view through the door there is a vent and a central room with stuff in it, but I cant get there.

NPSH

Re: Data Vaults and spacesuit bombs

Post by NPSH » Tue, 28. Jan 20, 18:27

I tried a bomb on one of the inner doors once, and had the same result. Has anyone tried an EMP?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 28. Jan 20, 18:37

A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 28. Jan 20, 20:47

I did try emps yeh, I tried loads of things. EMP's create 4 scan points just like on stations, scanning them gives nothing. Bombs open and close doors, and also turn off the power to switches (this bit is intriguing). I used bombs to turn off all but one of the switches (OFF, no green or red light) but nothing happened.

I think there might be something to these data vaults that no one has found yet?

Uploading a video of the hidden room. Edit: Vid is still processing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB6Ra5zrpyo

NPSH

Post by NPSH » Tue, 28. Jan 20, 22:41

That is definitely the type of door I tried hitting with a bomb. It looks so deliberate I feel sure there's something to it, but it could always be something planned for later I guess.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 28. Jan 20, 22:45

NPSH wrote:
Tue, 28. Jan 20, 22:41
That is definitely the type of door I tried hitting with a bomb. It looks so deliberate I feel sure there's something to it, but it could always be something planned for later I guess.
Ive tried spacesuitbombs, multiple bombs on multiple points of the data vault, emps and scanning the generated leaks, shooting the door with my ship, blowing the door while inside the room etc. The thing about the switches turning off I think might be significant, but yeh it could just be something thats there for a later patch.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 11. Feb 20, 07:34

Ahem gentlemen... Do you forget that the Data Vaults give storyline elements when all points are turned green? Also they give a container with interesting stuff and 150 to 190 K. Also there is a "secret mission" by the Boron for opening 28 of them. Heven't finished it yet, but I suppose it must be the ability to move the HQ in another sector

NPSH

Post by NPSH » Fri, 14. Feb 20, 23:06

dtpsprt wrote:
Tue, 11. Feb 20, 07:34
Ahem gentlemen... Do you forget that the Data Vaults give storyline elements when all points are turned green? Also they give a container with interesting stuff and 150 to 190 K. Also there is a "secret mission" by the Boron for opening 28 of them. Heven't finished it yet, but I suppose it must be the ability to move the HQ in another sector
We know how to open a data vault. Did -you- notice, while playing around in data vaults, the bulkheads inside some of the compartments? They don't seem to have a way to open them? That appear to lead further inside the vault? Because Axeface posted a video of clipping a bit through a wall and seeing some of the interior behind the bulkhead.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Mon, 24. Feb 20, 21:09

Image Image

Fun Fact: The puzzle-chain to unlock the room with the door was seperate from the puzzle-chain to unlock the room with the data leak, both starting at the outside of the station. To me this indicates this was indeed supposed to be something more.

The room itself is empty, though. There is geometry glitching through the walls and the core is surrounded by these triangle things (picture) that are only visible at certain angles.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 25. Feb 20, 18:15

How did you get inside? :)
And thats interesting, how do you know it was a seperate puzzle? Been digging in the code or something? Hopefully they will adds these features, it would be fun. Any more spacesuit ventshaft rummaging around is a good thing imo.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Tue, 25. Feb 20, 19:59

I carefully rammed my spacesuit with full speed into the vault over and over again. :D
After unlocking the data leak I couldn't find your mentioned door anywhere, so I kept looking and noticed another repair terminal at one of the solar wings on the outside. That unlocked a few other doors with another repair terminal that again opened some doors, eventuelly leading to the mentioned blast door :)

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”