Fallen Families

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

csaba
x4

Re: Fallen Families

Post by csaba » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 14:17

shinral wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 13:53
MHDriver wrote:
Wed, 1. Apr 20, 23:23
I have run into Fallen Families Raider Rattlesnakes popping up in various places around the map in the same manner as an SCA Plunderer does. It appears that they behave in the same manner as SCA except they are red on sight. I have cleared all the ZYA sectors and I have found no Fallen Family assets or sectors, just Free Family on the East side of map, so far...
Are you sure it was a "Fallen Families Raider"? I have found many "Free Families Raider Rattlesnakes" but they are linked to free families reputation, not pirates.
I guess they operate under fake ID's like the SCA. I certainly run into missions with them, maybe they are connected to the closed accelerator in Hearth of Acrinomy II. I'll try to get rep 10 with them, I guess that should trigger a faction invite?

bbn
x4

Post by bbn » Mon, 27. Apr 20, 23:20

I wonder if anybody has an insight if their reputation matters... I see a nice Rattlesnake flying FAF banner in front of me and I'm really tempted to board it :twisted: It's still early(ish) game from me so free Rattlesnake would be a boon :D That would be my first destroyer that I didn't sold for profitssss ^^

harokyang
x4

Post by harokyang » Tue, 28. Apr 20, 03:56

bbn wrote:
Mon, 27. Apr 20, 23:20
I wonder if anybody has an insight if their reputation matters... I see a nice Rattlesnake flying FAF banner in front of me and I'm really tempted to board it :twisted: It's still early(ish) game from me so free Rattlesnake would be a boon :D That would be my first destroyer that I didn't sold for profitssss ^^
Scan it and watch the number of Veteran and Elite on board
That will help you to give up the thought of boarding

PS: I do boarded one, it cost me 200+ marines to only deal with 30 of the Split(Half of them are even service crew)

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Tue, 28. Apr 20, 07:44

Cant gain rep with FREE fallen as they have no stations / missions
So killing them off and ending up at war with them will not ruin anything but probably they would attempt to kill on sight.
harokyang wrote:
Tue, 28. Apr 20, 03:56
bbn wrote:
Mon, 27. Apr 20, 23:20
Scan it and watch the number of Veteran and Elite on board
That will help you to give up the thought of boarding

PS: I do boarded one, it cost me 200+ marines to only deal with 30 of the Split(Half of them are even service crew)

I boarded one with 3 minotaurs worth of grunts. The trick is keep shooting the snot out of it until the crew bail to a decent level of risk. If the HP of the hull is too low, then let them repair and shoot the snot out of it again, while you always continue to remove any surface elements built like engines..
Did that in my last upload of my lets play.

bbn
x4

Post by bbn » Tue, 28. Apr 20, 13:24

I capped it. Rep dropped "just" to -12. Got lucky as it only had 10 marines. Trained very well though (1 elite, rest vets with many stars). Got a quite large boarding party (around 84), half vets. Lost 15 vets, 15 recruits.

If I remember I'll report if I encounter any big issues with the rep drop...

Btw. is FAF involved in the plot in any "peaceful" way?

MikeChance

Post by MikeChance » Tue, 28. Apr 20, 17:28

In save files I find four factions for split: freesplit, fallensplit, split, court

court is the curbs, free split is the free families, split is zyarth (though altering this seems to have no effect). so, yes, fallen split is some barely present pirate faction.

I, for one, have never come into contact with split pirates in game, but most everyone hates me up there, so I only go in force and almost everything is red anyway.

foxmaster
x4

Post by foxmaster » Thu, 21. May 20, 16:35

Have any here se any station or pirate base for FAF Fallen Family?
I have not se any of them and I have finish all plots in the game with Split DLC too, Aalso after I chosed and finish split plot Patriarchy I hade to destroy all Curbs CUB stations and fleet RIP Cords :mrgreen:
I ahde litle problem with one Fallen Families Raider Rattlesnakes who have destroy few of my miners and transporter so I hade to send out a fleet for destroy FAF Fallen Families Raider Rattlesnakes :mrgreen:
And continue for searching those pirates of FAF :twisted:

Melvach
x4

Post by Melvach » Thu, 21. May 20, 17:16

foxmaster wrote:
Thu, 21. May 20, 16:35
Have any here se any station or pirate base for FAF Fallen Family?
I have not se any of them and I have finish all plots in the game with Split DLC too, Aalso after I chosed and finish split plot Patriarchy I hade to destroy all Curbs CUB stations and fleet RIP Cords :mrgreen:
I ahde litle problem with one Fallen Families Raider Rattlesnakes who have destroy few of my miners and transporter so I hade to send out a fleet for destroy FAF Fallen Families Raider Rattlesnakes :mrgreen:
And continue for searching those pirates of FAF :twisted:
Free Families shipyards pump out Fallen Families Rattlesnakes. After one of my games was relatively peaceful I kept losing a lot of trade ships to FAF. Traced them back to where they were coming from and found them steadily trickling out of Free Families yards..

I parked a fleet to obliterate them as they come off the assembly line because I didn’t want to wipe out the Free Families... but I’m reassessing whether to keep FRF around now since FAF are my main annoyance in that save and FRF are helping them build ships. :twisted:

FAF also don’t appear to be built by Curbs or RHA (ZYA successor if you side with Curbs). I may be wrong on that, I just haven’t seen FAF have ships come out of Curb or RHA shipyards yet. (They hate FAF, so it wouldn’t surprise me if that was the case).

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 22. May 20, 18:39

Free Families acronym = FRF
Fallen Families acronym = FAF

Both exist in the game

SilverDragonLord
x4

Post by SilverDragonLord » Mon, 1. Jun 20, 04:45

From what ive seen there basically just pirates i usually find them from there attempts to harass my ships for cargo.
Oddly enough i had a glitch where i already scanned them as fallen family's then there faction later changed to the patriarchy but i still lost rep to the FF for blowing up hard points. :gruebel:
Any other mention ive seen of them seems to come from people seemingly confusing them for the free split family's or the court of curbs.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”