What are the plots in this game??

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tiberseptim
x4

Re: What are the plots in this game??

Post by Tiberseptim » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 20:09

TonyEvans wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 01:16
Tiberseptim wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 01:09
TonyEvans wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 00:39

Ahh well... might be a problem there as I've started a systematic annihilation of all HAT ships and stations.

I've considered doing a new start, but the new Split starts are difficult to say the least. I'll probably start one up in a few weeks once I get more time.

Edit: I saw mention that the HAT plot was relevant to the Split plot. What all happens in the HAT Plot?
Ah yeah what feels like a deceptively short HAT plot-line, so far, seems like it's the key intro hook to some pretty good story mission chains.

So far what looks like it's required to get the meatier chunks of story (including some pretty significant choices you get to make about how things shake up) is a short-ish HAT intro plot AND having your PHQ running.
When you say Story Chains, are you referring to the X vs Y war missions? Thoughts those were all just run-and-repeat things that didn't have an end-goal?
No I mean plot chains - some of which allow you to chose to radically change the relationships between certain factions.
radcapricorn wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 12:02
shinral wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 11:59
he only has to offer the paranid plot and not the split one. Is that reputation linked?

I don't know if there is a reputation requirement for the Split plot, perhaps there is. I do know, however, that there is a bug. In that if he does mention the Split story, he will still not have that dialogue option until you quit and reload.
It might require that the free families not be hostile to you (the fluff would support that) and that you've discovered one or more of the new gates that lead to split space (this is referenced in the dialogue - no idea if it's actually required but it would be consistent with the story).

For the paranid plot, you may have to be friendly with both (or at least some positive non-hostile relationship). At least from the dialogue, it's mentioned that this opportunity exists because they both *respect* you.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 23:19

Is it really this obtuse/difficult to start the main HAT plot?

I've scanned two 'signals' on HAT Trading Station & Defence Platform - but they were just unrelated mini-missions.

Is there a way to actually get the Split Vendetta plot going ?

I'm playing a long-term game, not a restart.

Szines Geza
x4

Post by Szines Geza » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 06:03

I found the HAT starter mission in the global (not the local) Mission menu! It was in the first place.
[ external image ]

goduranus
x4

Post by goduranus » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 13:22

I got Dal in my PHQ, and I'm at 25 for PAR and 17 for HOP, also 17 for ZYA and 15 for FRF, and I haven't seen any Paranid or Split missions yet. Anything I can do to trigger that?

Mileron
x4

Post by Mileron » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 13:34

goduranus wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 13:22
I got Dal in my PHQ, and I'm at 25 for PAR and 17 for HOP, also 17 for ZYA and 15 for FRF, and I haven't seen any Paranid or Split missions yet. Anything I can do to trigger that?
It just takes time.

I got them two to three hours after finishing the Hatikvah plot.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 13:49

@Szines Geza, thanks for the screenshot,
guess I'm used to main plot missions auto-starting, rather than guessing if they've turned up.

In my game the mission did turn up in the 'Important Mission Offers' section:
[ external image ]

Can't seem to satisfy the 'scan an SCA dataleak/ database' part though

MichaelSephiroth

Post by MichaelSephiroth » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 11:01

throw an emp at nearest SCA base, scan the new leaks, worked fine

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 19:22

Good idea, however I got a usable leak by taking a 'fix leaks' missionat the station

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 20:11

exogenesis wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 23:19

I've scanned two 'signals' on HAT Trading Station & Defence Platform - but they were just unrelated mini-missions.

I've got the same problem. Split ZYA start, +10 with HAT (taken the promotion), +10 with almost everyone, except MIN, completed the HQ plot, researched everything except the Mods, scan HAT TD in Hatikvah to 60%, and yet, no HAT plot :-(

X4 SV just hates me!!!!!

Maybe we should compare notes to see what we did wrong?

(My reps are: ALI(0), ANT(+13), ARG(+14),FAF(-1), FRF(+11), GOP(+13), HAT(+11), HOP(+10), MIN(+8), SCA(-5), TEL(+17), ZYA(+15)).

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 21:46

exogenesis wrote:
Tue, 7. Apr 20, 19:22
Good idea, however I got a usable leak by taking a 'fix leaks' missionat the station
I missed this post. So it is just the luck of the draw!!!!

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 00:00

VincentTH wrote:
Wed, 8. Apr 20, 20:11
exogenesis wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 23:19

I've got the same problem. Split ZYA start, +10 with HAT (taken the promotion), +10 with almost everyone, except MIN, completed the HQ plot, researched everything except the Mods, scan HAT TD in Hatikvah to 60%, and yet, no HAT plot :-(

X4 SV just hates me!!!!!

Maybe we should compare notes to see what we did wrong?

(My reps are: ALI(0), ANT(+13), ARG(+14),FAF(-1), FRF(+11), GOP(+13), HAT(+11), HOP(+10), MIN(+8), SCA(-5), TEL(+17), ZYA(+15)).
Is it not listed on the Important Offers section in the missions screen (one of em?).

That's where mine was... but I did start a new game (again) for 3.0/SV.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 03:35

My ZYA game started in SV3.0. Your game must have been started in SV3.1, where they make the mission stick.
I may have declined/ignored a scan mission at that HAT Trading Station in the early game, and may have to restart, unless Ego provide a quick fix for me :-)
I have tried everything, including parking a small fighter at the TD, and teleport back several times to check it out to no avail! :-)

I will start a new ZYA game again to see if my theory above is true.

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 03:40

VincentTH wrote:
Thu, 9. Apr 20, 03:35
My ZYA game started in SV3.0. Your game must have been started in SV3.1, where they make the mission stick.
I may have declined/ignored a scan mission at that HAT Trading Station in the early game, and may have to restart, unless Ego provide a quick fix for me :-)
I have tried everything, including parking a small fighter at the TD, and teleport back several times to check it out to no avail! :-)

I hadn't even left ZYA space once by the time I got the HAT mission prompt. No notification, just it randomly appearing in my Important Offers area.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 19:50

TonyEvans wrote:
Thu, 9. Apr 20, 03:40
VincentTH wrote:
Thu, 9. Apr 20, 03:35

I hadn't even left ZYA space once by the time I got the HAT mission prompt. No notification, just it randomly appearing in my Important Offers area.
As I have mentioned in the other thread, I believe my game is bugged, but I have to wait 1 week till Ego come back from Easter break. I have started a new game, hoping for better luck!!!!

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Mon, 13. Apr 20, 17:36

csaba wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 15:53
Also you will WANT to be +20 with one of the Split factions anyway as their carrier makes the other faction carriers look like kid's toys.

Loadout screen:
Spoiler
Show
[ external image ]

Yup that's 93 M and 8 L turrets and the hull makes up for the lack of shields....

This is basically the Arawn 2.0
Are you able to actually get +20 with them before advancing the storylines?

I'm stopped on the free families plot where I have to destroy a (I believe) ZP Cobra or something, but from what I gathered in the plotline text, this will side me with them, which I"m not ready to do. I went to go grind up Zyarth Patriarchy rep to get all of their blueprints and have been stuck at +19 for 3 days now. I've completed a lot of missions, blown up 2 K's and dozens of Ps and fighters, but it's not budging, so I'm to the point that I don't know if I should start letting it build through trading, or if I am stuck until I pick a side.
All your Hyperion Vanguards are belong to us.

Xeroeth
x4

Post by Xeroeth » Mon, 13. Apr 20, 20:56

Strange, I got to 20 pretty easly, just by flying and popping K's here and there. Try to lure one of them to their stations and kill it after it eats a chunk of them, this will stand as helping, which will give you a clear msg about reputations boosts.
||MOBO: ASUS X99-A II||CPU:I7-6800k||GPU:EVGA 3080FTW3||RAM: G.SKILL TRIDENT Z 64GB||PSU:EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000W P2||
||DISPLAYS:SAMSUNG G9 & IYAMA PROLITE XU2390||LCS:2xHWL BLACK ICE SR2 480 & LAING D5||SYSTEM:WIN 11||

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Tue, 14. Apr 20, 04:07

Lazerius wrote:
Mon, 13. Apr 20, 17:36
csaba wrote:
Also you will WANT to be +20 with one of the Split factions anyway as their carrier makes the other faction carriers look like kid's toys.

Loadout screen:
Spoiler
Show
[ external image ]

Yup that's 93 M and 8 L turrets and the hull makes up for the lack of shields....

I'm stopped on the free families plot where I have to destroy a (I believe) ZP Cobra or something, but from what I gathered in the plotline text, this will side me with them, which I"m not ready to do. I went to go grind up Zyarth Patriarchy rep to get all of their blueprints and have been stuck at +19 for 3 days now. I've completed a lot of missions, blown up 2 K's and dozens of Ps and fighters, but it's not budging, so I'm to the point that I don't know if I should start letting it build through trading, or if I am stuck until I pick a side.

I thought the same!
You'll also get an option to talk to the ZYA secret police. After that, the mission goes to Fake an attack or something. You'll fly after the ship for a bit and then it'll update and have you return to the FRF.

The time to actually choose a side doesn't come until much later, and it's much more apparent.

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Tue, 14. Apr 20, 22:20

TonyEvans wrote:
Tue, 14. Apr 20, 04:07
Lazerius wrote:
Mon, 13. Apr 20, 17:36
csaba wrote:

Loadout screen:
Spoiler
Show
[ external image ]

I thought the same!
You'll also get an option to talk to the ZYA secret police. After that, the mission goes to Fake an attack or something. You'll fly after the ship for a bit and then it'll update and have you return to the FRF.

The time to actually choose a side doesn't come until much later, and it's much more apparent.
I spent several hours continuing to work on it yesterday with no luck, so I plopped some miners in their territory and in FRF. In the same amount of time, I went from 8 to 14 with FRF, while ZYA remains at 19...

Driving me insane.
All your Hyperion Vanguards are belong to us.

Tharrg
x4

Post by Tharrg » Tue, 14. Apr 20, 23:33

So to get back to basics, I'm a bit slow here being stuck in the HAT plot awaiting bug fix viewtopic.php?f=182&t=424047

There are four plots anyone can access after fulfilling any rep requirements:

* PHQ requires (Scan station leek)
* HAT requires (Enter Hatikvah's choice)
* Split requires (HAT finished & ???)
* Paranid requires (HAT finished & ???)

Is this it?

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Wed, 15. Apr 20, 12:27

Tharrg wrote:
Tue, 14. Apr 20, 23:33
* HAT requires (Enter Hatikvah's choice)
Well I've done that and I'm not getting any plot. Also no trading station. Just two random stations.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”