What are the plots in this game??

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TonyEvans
x4

What are the plots in this game??

Post by TonyEvans » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 00:22

I've finished the boron PHQ Plot... that's a given.

Up until now, I've not heard or seen anything about any other plots, but now I'm reading about a HAT plot and Split plots.

Does anyone have a list of plots and how to start them? Every google search I've tried has only returned posts from 2018 about the PHQ plot, no others to be mentioned.

In advance, any help is greatly appreciated.

burger1
x3tc

Re: What are the plots in this game??

Post by burger1 » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 00:32

For the hat plot I just few up to a station and scanned a data leak and opened a conversation that was a passenger transport mission. I don't think the data leak is necessary maybe just try approaching a hat station in hat I ? Hat rep was 0 but I had just started the phq story.

The split mission was part of my split game start but maybe it can be started in other ways.

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 00:39

burger1 wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 00:32
For the hat plot I just few up to a station and scanned a data leak and opened a conversation that was a passenger transport mission. I don't think the data leak is necessary maybe just try approaching a hat station in hat I ? Hat rep was 0 but I had just started the phq story.

The split mission was part of my split game start but maybe it can be started in other ways.
Ahh well... might be a problem there as I've started a systematic annihilation of all HAT ships and stations.

I've considered doing a new start, but the new Split starts are difficult to say the least. I'll probably start one up in a few weeks once I get more time.

Edit: I saw mention that the HAT plot was relevant to the Split plot. What all happens in the HAT Plot?

Tiberseptim
x4

Post by Tiberseptim » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 01:09

TonyEvans wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 00:39
burger1 wrote:

Ahh well... might be a problem there as I've started a systematic annihilation of all HAT ships and stations.

I've considered doing a new start, but the new Split starts are difficult to say the least. I'll probably start one up in a few weeks once I get more time.

Edit: I saw mention that the HAT plot was relevant to the Split plot. What all happens in the HAT Plot?
Ah yeah what feels like a deceptively short HAT plot-line, so far, seems like it's the key intro hook to some pretty good story mission chains.

So far what looks like it's required to get the meatier chunks of story (including some pretty significant choices you get to make about how things shake up) is a short-ish HAT intro plot AND having your PHQ running.

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 01:16

Tiberseptim wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 01:09
TonyEvans wrote:
burger1 wrote:

Ah yeah what feels like a deceptively short HAT plot-line, so far, seems like it's the key intro hook to some pretty good story mission chains.

So far what looks like it's required to get the meatier chunks of story (including some pretty significant choices you get to make about how things shake up) is a short-ish HAT intro plot AND having your PHQ running.
When you say Story Chains, are you referring to the X vs Y war missions? Thoughts those were all just run-and-repeat things that didn't have an end-goal?

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 02:30

Finish the HAT plot which you find by visiting their trading station. I don't think there's an explicit notification, check your missions when you're there. After that, tend to your research, the rest should follow (keep an eye on when Boso invites you to visit him about an odd situation). This should cover three plots (HAT and the two civil wars). The big goals that you get in specific Split starts look like extras. There's apparently at least one other plot which I haven't found yet.

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 02:31

radcapricorn wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 02:30
Finish the HAT plot which you find by visiting their trading station. I don't think there's an explicit notification, check your missions when you're there. After that, tend to your research, the rest should follow (keep an eye on when Boso invites you to visit him about an odd situation). This should cover three plots (HAT and the two civil wars). The big goals that you get in specific Split starts look like extras. There's apparently at least one other plot which I haven't found yet.
Yea, I wiped HAT trading stations off the face of the map. They showed up on map zoomed all the way out, my Behemoth squad got orders to pop those first. Been hunting their smaller stations one by one. Looks like a fresh game start is in order, then.

shinral
x4

Post by shinral » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 11:59

radcapricorn wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 02:30
I just finished the hat intro plot and the HQ plot. Now the hat guy requests to meet him in the lab, but when I go talk him, he only has to offer the paranid plot and not the split one. Is that reputation linked?

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 12:02

shinral wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 11:59
he only has to offer the paranid plot and not the split one. Is that reputation linked?
I don't know if there is a reputation requirement for the Split plot, perhaps there is. I do know, however, that there is a bug. In that if he does mention the Split story, he will still not have that dialogue option until you quit and reload.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 14:33

For the split mission first I had to fly away from the HQ after meeting the guy, then he comm-ed me of the split, when I flown back he bugged out and I had to quit and reload as talking to him didn't progress the plot although he was marked as the objective, upon reload the mission progressed normally. I'd say the Split missions are written better than the HAT ones so it's worth getting them.

Judging by the grayed out Paranid option for me I guess it's reputation locked, I already had +20 with FRF by that time so couldn't say for certain.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 14:50

csaba wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 14:33
Judging by the grayed out Paranid option for me I guess it's reputation locked
It looks like (from rep and from Dal's dialogue) that you need to be not enemy with both Paranid factions. I was IIRC +10 with PAR and 0 with HOP and he started the quest.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 15:01

radcapricorn wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 14:50
csaba wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 14:33
Judging by the grayed out Paranid option for me I guess it's reputation locked
It looks like (from rep and from Dal's dialogue) that you need to be not enemy with both Paranid factions. I was IIRC +10 with PAR and 0 with HOP and he started the quest.
I'm not enemy of either as I did nothing in their space just buzzed about and I don't get the option. I think you have to have +10 with either or +10 and not hostile with the other. Also didn't Paranids used to have their own war missions? Were those axed? I'd guess those would be a requirement if still in the game.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 15:09

csaba wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 15:01
I think you have to have +10 with either or +10 and not hostile with the other. Also didn't Paranids used to have their own war missions? Were those axed? I'd guess those would be a requirement if still in the game.
You may be right about needing at least +10 with one (like I said, my standings were +10 and 0). And good point about war missions, they do have thise, also unlocked at +10.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 15:53

Also you will WANT to be +20 with one of the Split factions anyway as their carrier makes the other faction carriers look like kid's toys.

Loadout screen:
Spoiler
Show
[ external image ]

Yup that's 93 M and 8 L turrets and the hull makes up for the lack of shields....

This is basically the Arawn 2.0

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 18:36

Oh boy, imagine equipping that thing using a gamepad. Grrr...

Tiberseptim
x4

Post by Tiberseptim » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 20:09

TonyEvans wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 01:16
Tiberseptim wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 01:09
TonyEvans wrote:

When you say Story Chains, are you referring to the X vs Y war missions? Thoughts those were all just run-and-repeat things that didn't have an end-goal?
No I mean plot chains - some of which allow you to chose to radically change the relationships between certain factions.
radcapricorn wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 12:02
shinral wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 11:59
he only has to offer the paranid plot and not the split one. Is that reputation linked?

I don't know if there is a reputation requirement for the Split plot, perhaps there is. I do know, however, that there is a bug. In that if he does mention the Split story, he will still not have that dialogue option until you quit and reload.
It might require that the free families not be hostile to you (the fluff would support that) and that you've discovered one or more of the new gates that lead to split space (this is referenced in the dialogue - no idea if it's actually required but it would be consistent with the story).

For the paranid plot, you may have to be friendly with both (or at least some positive non-hostile relationship). At least from the dialogue, it's mentioned that this opportunity exists because they both *respect* you.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 23:19

Is it really this obtuse/difficult to start the main HAT plot?

I've scanned two 'signals' on HAT Trading Station & Defence Platform - but they were just unrelated mini-missions.

Is there a way to actually get the Split Vendetta plot going ?

I'm playing a long-term game, not a restart.

Szines Geza
x4

Post by Szines Geza » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 06:03

I found the HAT starter mission in the global (not the local) Mission menu! It was in the first place.
[ external image ]

goduranus
x4

Post by goduranus » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 13:22

I got Dal in my PHQ, and I'm at 25 for PAR and 17 for HOP, also 17 for ZYA and 15 for FRF, and I haven't seen any Paranid or Split missions yet. Anything I can do to trigger that?

Mileron
x4

Post by Mileron » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 13:34

goduranus wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 13:22
I got Dal in my PHQ, and I'm at 25 for PAR and 17 for HOP, also 17 for ZYA and 15 for FRF, and I haven't seen any Paranid or Split missions yet. Anything I can do to trigger that?
It just takes time.

I got them two to three hours after finishing the Hatikvah plot.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”