Paranid Plot - Stuck at the end

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Babberdeggl
x4

Re: Paranid Plot - Stuck at the end

Post by Babberdeggl » Fri, 19. Feb 21, 20:39

You know about this bug at least 10 months and it still isn't fixed. Just tell me why Egosoft, why? :?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 19. Feb 21, 21:20

It isn't really too much of a bug as such; it's more a bit of gameplay that does not save/reload once you have committed to doing a particular part of it, or at least not without you having to go back and repeat a step or two. At least it's less punishing than say boarding where the operation always fails if you save/reload at any stage once the marines are committed.

Here, it might be an oversight as to what game states are saved, or it could (less likely) be intended to prevent too much critical-point save-scumming - as is probably the case with boarding operations. Either way, an in-game hint as to the problem and required action would indeed be useful if the cylinder shield state cannot accurately be replicated on load.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Bodymassage
x4

Post by Bodymassage » Sun, 21. Feb 21, 23:19

Babberdeggl wrote:
Fri, 19. Feb 21, 20:39
You know about this bug at least 10 months and it still isn't fixed. Just tell me why Egosoft, why? :?
Egosoft is more concerned about adding busywork related to mining and selling new ship skins than fixing existing content

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Mon, 22. Feb 21, 12:29

Babberdeggl wrote:
That bug has long been fixed and that fix was made available when the public beta started. You're free to opt in or wait until the 4.0 release.

Babberdeggl
x4

Post by Babberdeggl » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 14:59

Gimbutz wrote:
Mon, 22. Feb 21, 12:29
Babberdeggl wrote:
That bug has long been fixed and that fix was made available when the public beta started. You're free to opt in or wait until the 4.0 release.
Good to know. But no thanks. At this point i playtested several beta versions. More than i actually played the game.

ahostofissues

Post by ahostofissues » Fri, 12. Jan 24, 07:33

Gimbutz wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 15:10
Chirashi, I managed to progress in your save by repairing the two panels in the cocoon room until they glowed green and then shooting them again. That's obviously just a workaround and we'll look into preventing this from happening in the first place.
Whatever "workaround" was implemented (or never implemented), it's still broken.

Just now, today, Jan 2024, I got stuck and unable to finish this plot because the portal to the second power tube never opened.

Tried repairing the switches, turned them green, shot them again. Door still closed.

X4 is getting better, but how are there still plot-killing bugs like this? In version 6?

(Note: restarted, from space outside entry to station, my "better save in case this goes wrong" starting point. Did everything to gain access to pods, released pods, got message from Dal about "now you have a choice" after destroying switches in pod room, and... door to second power conduit is still closed. There is no way to complete this plot except as "unification". Sucks.)
Last edited by ahostofissues on Fri, 12. Jan 24, 08:02, edited 1 time in total.

ahostofissues

Post by ahostofissues » Fri, 12. Jan 24, 07:34

Gimbutz wrote:
Mon, 22. Feb 21, 12:29
Babberdeggl wrote:
Uh, friend, I'm playing version 6, and it's still broken.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 12. Jan 24, 09:03

@ ahostofissues: I started again (vanilla 6.xx) with the Boron DLC and have since played through the Paranid plot again and it all worked fine. Any issue would have to be conditional rather than inevitable.

I would start a new thread in Tech Sp and provide a link to a vanilla save showing the issue if you want the devs to investigate. Since this is an old version thread, I'll close this here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”