Paranid Plot - Stuck at the end

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bogate
x4

Re: Paranid Plot - Stuck at the end

Post by bogate » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 12:07

I did it yesterday and i thing the problem lies in that the "cinematics", depicting the opening of the covers of the tubes on which you need to place the bombs, start as soon as any damage is done to their switch, while the cover only opens above a certain damage threshold

Galinet
x4

Post by Galinet » Sat, 23. May 20, 10:24

There's a few things I would change to make this part easier to understand.

It is far from obvious that those switches need to be destroyed to unlock the doors; my instinct was to repair them. And since I could not interact with them (with the F key) I thought there was a switch elsewhere to unlock that control; it did not occur to me that I needed to destroy it until I searched the internet. It may be better if there was a "security plate" over a switch (metal over something) which could then be used (with the F key) to unlock the doors. Or maybe adding a symbol/image to show that the switch needs to be destroyed, something like the lockboxes.

The red and green colors were confusing for me. I assumed that green meant the door was unlocked and red that it was locked. But its the other way around. Maybe I see too many traffic lights where red means stop and green means go.

Navigating the maze is fine, but having different colors/textures in the sections would help get our bearings (know where we are). In my mind there are 3 sections. 1) Initial section with the first power tube and maze. 2) Second section for the second power tube. 3) Cocoon room.

Like many I too placed bombs on top of the glass covering and tried to blow them up, which resulted in my death or, when trying to move away, triggering the alternate branch of this scenario. Maybe adding a symbol showing that the glass needs to be removed. This symbol could also be placed on the locked doors, to indicate that a switch somewhere else needs to be activated/destroyed.

RayF

Post by RayF » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 15:45

as many people,
i am stacked at placing the charges...i am also confused when you say 'caccoon ' room..

Where are the buttons to open up the shields so i can place the charges?

I am in the room with the one pillar that i need to place the charges, but there is a glass there..Where are the buttons? I ve spend an hour looking for buttons in that room..

chip56

Post by chip56 » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 16:39

RayF wrote:
Wed, 10. Jun 20, 15:45
as many people,
i am stacked at placing the charges...i am also confused when you say 'caccoon ' room..

Where are the buttons to open up the shields so i can place the charges?

I am in the room with the one pillar that i need to place the charges, but there is a glass there..Where are the buttons? I ve spend an hour looking for buttons in that room..
The room is the one where you have the window through which you peeked into at your first visit. Its the room where you remove the docking clamps of the caccons.

RayF

Post by RayF » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 20:51

after hours of trying and trying,
i finally made it.

One hint for anyone reading this : If you disable the shields and you save for some reason before completing the event, after reload, you need to go back and disable the shields again! it wont tell you any fail/success msg but you HAVE TO .

now, are they serious about that fleet!!? Who do they think I am? their mummy?! :evil:

Babberdeggl
x4

Post by Babberdeggl » Fri, 19. Feb 21, 20:39

You know about this bug at least 10 months and it still isn't fixed. Just tell me why Egosoft, why? :?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 19. Feb 21, 21:20

It isn't really too much of a bug as such; it's more a bit of gameplay that does not save/reload once you have committed to doing a particular part of it, or at least not without you having to go back and repeat a step or two. At least it's less punishing than say boarding where the operation always fails if you save/reload at any stage once the marines are committed.

Here, it might be an oversight as to what game states are saved, or it could (less likely) be intended to prevent too much critical-point save-scumming - as is probably the case with boarding operations. Either way, an in-game hint as to the problem and required action would indeed be useful if the cylinder shield state cannot accurately be replicated on load.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Bodymassage
x4

Post by Bodymassage » Sun, 21. Feb 21, 23:19

Babberdeggl wrote:
Fri, 19. Feb 21, 20:39
You know about this bug at least 10 months and it still isn't fixed. Just tell me why Egosoft, why? :?
Egosoft is more concerned about adding busywork related to mining and selling new ship skins than fixing existing content

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Mon, 22. Feb 21, 12:29

Babberdeggl wrote:
That bug has long been fixed and that fix was made available when the public beta started. You're free to opt in or wait until the 4.0 release.

Babberdeggl
x4

Post by Babberdeggl » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 14:59

Gimbutz wrote:
Mon, 22. Feb 21, 12:29
Babberdeggl wrote:
That bug has long been fixed and that fix was made available when the public beta started. You're free to opt in or wait until the 4.0 release.
Good to know. But no thanks. At this point i playtested several beta versions. More than i actually played the game.

ahostofissues

Post by ahostofissues » Fri, 12. Jan 24, 07:33

Gimbutz wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 15:10
Chirashi, I managed to progress in your save by repairing the two panels in the cocoon room until they glowed green and then shooting them again. That's obviously just a workaround and we'll look into preventing this from happening in the first place.
Whatever "workaround" was implemented (or never implemented), it's still broken.

Just now, today, Jan 2024, I got stuck and unable to finish this plot because the portal to the second power tube never opened.

Tried repairing the switches, turned them green, shot them again. Door still closed.

X4 is getting better, but how are there still plot-killing bugs like this? In version 6?

(Note: restarted, from space outside entry to station, my "better save in case this goes wrong" starting point. Did everything to gain access to pods, released pods, got message from Dal about "now you have a choice" after destroying switches in pod room, and... door to second power conduit is still closed. There is no way to complete this plot except as "unification". Sucks.)
Last edited by ahostofissues on Fri, 12. Jan 24, 08:02, edited 1 time in total.

ahostofissues

Post by ahostofissues » Fri, 12. Jan 24, 07:34

Gimbutz wrote:
Mon, 22. Feb 21, 12:29
Babberdeggl wrote:
Uh, friend, I'm playing version 6, and it's still broken.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 12. Jan 24, 09:03

@ ahostofissues: I started again (vanilla 6.xx) with the Boron DLC and have since played through the Paranid plot again and it all worked fine. Any issue would have to be conditional rather than inevitable.

I would start a new thread in Tech Sp and provide a link to a vanilla save showing the issue if you want the devs to investigate. Since this is an old version thread, I'll close this here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”