Stealing ship blueprints?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sturmer

Re: Stealing ship blueprints?

Post by Sturmer » Fri, 15. May 20, 22:20

Is it possible to get blueprints from ships you own (capped or bought), but don't have BP for yet?

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Sat, 16. May 20, 04:40

Sturmer wrote:
Fri, 15. May 20, 22:20
Is it possible to get blueprints from ships you own (capped or bought), but don't have BP for yet?
i dont think thats possible, guess no harm trying
X gamer , one at a time.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 16. May 20, 13:06

Sturmer wrote:
There is a mod that allows you to reverse engineer your ships in your shipyard/warf and thus gain blueprints.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sat, 16. May 20, 15:17

dtpsprt wrote:
Sat, 16. May 20, 13:06
Sturmer wrote:
There is a mod that allows you to reverse engineer your ships in your shipyard/warf and thus gain blueprints.
Yes, but that destroys the ship and I don't have XL shipyard yet and don't want to lose my Monitor. xD

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 17. May 20, 01:57

Sturmer wrote:
Sat, 16. May 20, 15:17

Yes, but that destroys the ship and I don't have XL shipyard yet and don't want to lose my Monitor. xD
Come to think of it... You WILL have an L/XL shipyard in order to reverse engineer your Monitor... then you'll just have to built it up again at 1/4 of it's cost (instead of 3 times it's value that is the price of the blueprint)... so... better steal an L/XL shipyard blueprint fast...
Besides, you did bought the Monitor right? And, most probably, had to wait forever for it to be built...
There is another nice mod that I use a lot... it allows me to see all the dataleaks on a station and (if I have the tools researched in HQ) "steal" the modules blueprints!!! I'm pretty sure that in the 3rd or 4th (5th the most) Shipyard you scan with this you'll get the shipyard blueprints...

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sun, 17. May 20, 02:20

dtpsprt wrote:
Sun, 17. May 20, 01:57
Come to think of it... You WILL have an L/XL shipyard in order to reverse engineer your Monitor... then you'll just have to built it up again at 1/4 of it's cost (instead of 3 times it's value that is the price of the blueprint)... so... better steal an L/XL shipyard blueprint fast...
You can't steal shipyard blueprints. :( It's been like that since forever unless they changed it?
dtpsprt wrote:
Besides, you did bought the Monitor right? And, most probably, had to wait forever for it to be built...
Hey, what do you take me for? I'm an honest pirate, of course I stole it! :D
dtpsprt wrote:
There is another nice mod that I use a lot... it allows me to see all the dataleaks on a station and
I would be grateful for a link. :)

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 17. May 20, 04:31

Sturmer wrote:
Sun, 17. May 20, 02:20
dtpsprt wrote:
There is another nice mod that I use a lot... it allows me to see all the dataleaks on a station and
I would be grateful for a link. :)
It's called Signal Leak Hunter (cheaty) and it's in the Steam workshop

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sun, 17. May 20, 05:26

dtpsprt wrote:
Sun, 17. May 20, 04:31
It's called Signal Leak Hunter (cheaty) and it's in the Steam workshop
Huh. I'm running the less cheaty version (that's why I don't have research thingy), will switch then. Thanks for the tip! :)

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Sun, 17. May 20, 13:13

Reverse engineering at a high cost needs to make a comeback otherwise playing the bad guy is simply not fun if i have to be friends with everyone first...

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Tue, 19. May 20, 11:44

Aw, I actually like the Cobra, but I play FRF side. Split ships have become my favourites for combat. Such speed, many guns, so elegant, wow.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Tue, 19. May 20, 18:52

paraskous wrote:
Tue, 19. May 20, 11:44
Aw, I actually like the Cobra, but I play FRF side. Split ships have become my favourites for combat. Such speed, many guns, so elegant, wow.
I didn't like Split designs in X3 because other species had much lovelier looking, but in X4 others are so unattractive to me that Split are the nicest looking (plus nostalgia also helps I guess).

I took the Theia sector for my own and now am capping all the Split miners, traders, builders and auxiliaries that go through it.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 19. May 20, 22:47

paraskous wrote:
Tue, 19. May 20, 11:44
I just "discovered" the Rattlesnake for myself.

I usualli don't like flying capital ships, and prefer dogfighting with either small ships or corvettes. But this beast? Ho!Ho!
I feel like I found my new favourite toy. :D
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”