Derelict Station in Lasting Vengeance-stuck on mission for Gride's Lead

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JeffreyW75
x4

Derelict Station in Lasting Vengeance-stuck on mission for Gride's Lead

Post by JeffreyW75 » Wed, 15. Apr 20, 06:37

I'm probably missing something simple here, but I can't seem to figure out how to get past this mission for Lasting Vengeance where you have to follow Gride's Lead and go to Lasting Vengeance and end up finding the derelict station. I've flown all around, manage to find a spot (near the top of bottom of the station) that made the orange "investigate" bar progress to about 1/2 way, but I can't figure out how to get it to progress beyond that. I keep flying around the station and I'm not finding anywhere to make it progress farther. I had my fleet blow up all the enemy laser cannons that popped up (I think it was twice they did that?), but that didn't seem to help. I keep flying around the station but I'm not finding anything. I deployed a few advanced satellites, still nothing. I got out of my ship and tried to fly my spacesuit into one of the openings in the station and blew up when I got close to the opening. So I'm stuck here. Please help! Thank you.
Jeff

A99899
x4

Re: Derelict Station in Lasting Vengeance-stuck on mission for Gride's Lead

Post by A99899 » Wed, 15. Apr 20, 16:46

use long range scanner to find purple pings go to them all

JeffreyW75
x4

Post by JeffreyW75 » Wed, 15. Apr 20, 20:22

Thank you. Been so long since I played, I forgot about long range scanners.
Jeff

Bl00dykilla
x4

Post by Bl00dykilla » Thu, 16. Apr 20, 18:50

I managed to find 4/5 nav beacons at derelict station: https://prnt.sc/s0o1iy top of station https://prnt.sc/s0o2lm behind station https://prnt.sc/s0o34a and fourth under the station hat https://prnt.sc/s0o3to. In case of this mission its not anomalies but tiny blinking nav beacons which you have to get realy close to even see them blinking. Hopefully i will find last one soon ;).

Pilot445

Post by Pilot445 » Sat, 18. Apr 20, 18:31

Has anyone managed to complete this mission?

The last nav beacon isn't there for me, I've scanned all the rest of them, the last one is definitely not there.

I might post in the support channel...

L_B_P
x4

Post by L_B_P » Sun, 26. Apr 20, 08:15

The 5 can be found at the 2. last big piece of structure beside the main structure. NW (15 degrees north west, not straight north)

The nav beacon is not showing up on the map , but you can see it blinking
For my owne record join 04 Nov 2005

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 26. Apr 20, 08:58

I complete this part in my longplay. Possibly the positions will match up with your experience. The first one was scanned at the end of the previous episode.
https://youtu.be/CW7pHy2fdHo?t=73

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sun, 26. Apr 20, 22:17

Shoot the nav beacons once you've scanned them so you don't keep going back to them.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Mon, 27. Apr 20, 08:46

I had an issue / glitch in that mission: the station didn't render (it was completely invisible). Imagine how hard was to go to the beacons, always bumping on invisible walls around.
I went out of the system and back in and the station was there, making the mission surprisingly easy: just use you scanner and look for purple dots. You may scan twice the same beacon because they're all the same and you can get confuse on which ones you already scanned. I don't know if blowing them up after the scan works (I think so, just be sure to scan them BEFORE the boom).

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 8. May 20, 02:22

My personal experience was finding 5 beacons but only 4 were visible on my radar. I was stuck at ~80% completion for the mission.

Th 5th had some damage but repairing it didn't help.

I was able to progress after seeing what happens after destroying one of the beacons, but the mission itself didn't seem to suggest that would be sensible.

AspiringAlly

Post by AspiringAlly » Thu, 14. May 20, 17:11

What's the deal with this station?
When I got there, right after Bozo told me about the nav beacons, Dal came on the line and told me there was a ship nearby.
The ship had a guy on it and took off. I was supposed to follow him, but i decided to go to the nav beacons first.
I found all five, sat by them all for a while even, and nothing is happening.

On reloading, I went and followed the guy, but then it seemed like the derelict station is forgotten and a storyline keeps going off in its own direction. what is the point of the derelict station?? Why tell me about it and then expect me to leave it behind and follow some weird Paranid guy? Why have nothing happen when you go to the beacons? (I assume that one is a bug.)

chip56

Post by chip56 » Wed, 20. May 20, 11:38

Because stroy wise the beacons should show you a safe way and tus you should reach the paranid. But in reality you fly around randomly to get the beacons...
The station itself does not play any role at all execpt that he gets to say that this stuff here was ruined.
In a perfect world i would wish that those dangers would really have a safe route and that you would stop at a beacon to find that safe path to the station and thus our paranid but alas its randomlly flying around to some purple ping to trigger the mission pointer to him.

Sansire
x4

Post by Sansire » Sun, 25. Feb 24, 10:22

Lots of inivisible walls for the last beacon in the center. That was very annoying.
Also there are some missing textures in the structure.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Mon, 26. Feb 24, 03:47

Sansire wrote:
Sun, 25. Feb 24, 10:22
Lots of inivisible walls for the last beacon in the center. That was very annoying.
Also there are some missing textures in the structure.
It's because of the physics updates I think. Seems like the station's new collision doesn't match its visuals.
***modified***

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”