a small errand, paranid questline

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ovimik
x4

a small errand, paranid questline

Post by Ovimik » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 22:49

Hello i'm stuck on a quest,

I can't progress in the righthous Paranid empire vs the holy order questline on the quest: A small errand

It's a 4 piece quest and i'm stuck on number 3. After I investigated the Apotheosis I need to go to faulty logic 7 and land my ship on a Honour guard Odysseus sentinal and then claim it. When I get to faulty logic 7 in my small fighter I found the ship I need to go to under atttack and not doing well, I need to step in each time I reload to save it from the xenon and then the ship goes to faulty logic 1 where I have time to land my ship. When I try to do this it sais that docking isn't allowed. Eurlier when I get send on this mission the npc quest giver sais that I can also leave my ship and claim it as my own but the thing is I can't, as soon as I get out, the odysseus flies of and my ship won't get dragged along like when I was still in it and real close to it. I also tried to weaken the ship first but that didn't help either.

What do I do wrong or what can I do to make this work?

bobucles2
x4

Re: a small errand, paranid questline

Post by bobucles2 » Wed, 22. Apr 20, 02:55

Hmm? You might be looking at the wrong ship. Last I tried, you're supposed to land on the ship and talk to the captain. The HOP already wiped out the Xenon in the sector in my game, but the entire area was filled with a million mines. Good thing the ship can't die, at least I saw it go down to 1% hull.

MikeChance

Post by MikeChance » Wed, 22. Apr 20, 04:48

for me, the ship was already in the inner faulty logic zone. It was not under attack (because hop have pushed Xenon back to the opposite Attiya zone and everytime Xenon try to push back, ANT jumps 'em behind and graffitis a station or pants the I or tells "your motherboard" jokes, I dunno.), but it was bouncing from mine to mine at 1% Health (all of which had turned blue on map, but are not FoF mines so still ouchy in person). I just rushed it and docked. it didn't really move much once it bounced out of the mine field if that's an issue for you. but it's story so you should be able to dock even if it's enemy. when you get there, dal says something along the lines of "how the heck did they even get out here?!?".
Spoiler
Show
FYI, bring marines and take the opportunity to travel west til you find the abandoned destroyer.

Your motherboard is so old, its circuits are made of copper!

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Wed, 22. Apr 20, 08:42

I have no issues with that quest, I found the destroyer in the middle of a mine field but docked with no problem.
MikeChance wrote:
Wed, 22. Apr 20, 04:48
Spoiler
Show
FYI, bring marines and take the opportunity to travel west til you find the abandoned destroyer.
Spoiler
Show
How many do you need?

Ovimik
x4

Post by Ovimik » Wed, 22. Apr 20, 20:12

Thanks for the input!

Thing is I already took the abandoned destroyer eurlier in the game and the quest target is an enemy destroyer that won't let me land on it, I tried it with a small ship and a medium sized ship. shift+D doesn't work and right clicking either.

Ovimik
x4

Post by Ovimik » Fri, 1. May 20, 01:41

I found out what the problem was. I tried to board it at first but after much time I tried to deliver it and I needed to land on a station which I couldn't... So then I found out I had to have good reputation with HoP. so then I startet shooting criminals near stations to gain rep and then I just got on board, got the item and quest done. Was looking to hard for a solution :D

Verr

Post by Verr » Wed, 10. Feb 21, 20:45

Any of you guys try to take out the Honor guard made of Nemesis? They drop their upgrades, all exceptional grade stuff :D

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”