Good staion build locations

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ovimik
x4

Good staion build locations

Post by Ovimik » Sat, 9. May 20, 17:41

Hello,

I'm looking for good places to build stations, First, what I think is important is close acces to all the basic resources like silicon and methane for example for my own miners. What I also think is important is that it's close enough for my ships to trade with other stations and others with my station.

In particular i'm wanting to build a claytronics station with supplychain.

Currently I already have a silicon/smartchip/microship station in napolius fortune 6 and in the void.

Any tips on what sectors are good and people realy like?

CaptainRAVE
x4

Re: Good staion build locations

Post by CaptainRAVE » Sat, 9. May 20, 18:04

Always always core sectors that have shipyards and wharfs. Trinity Sanctum III has always been one of my most profitable. That and Holy Vision.

Derp

Post by Derp » Wed, 20. May 20, 14:30

Where you want to build a station depends on what you're trying to accomplish.
  • I want to make money
    Build a wharf.

Don't build your own industrial stations. Set up a mining and trading fleet, then fly around and look for "build a station for us" missions, and do those. They all pay a couple of million in profit for you to build a janky dock, container and module, or a couple half-equipped defence modules. When you have 200 million, build your own wharf and buy some scout blueprints. You can build it literally anywhere. Ships are outrageously overpriced, and NPCs will buy everything you can push out. Buy more blueprints, make more money, build a (separate!) shipyard and make real bank.
  • I want to become a major faction
    Build a wharf.
  • I want to help my chosen faction against its enemies
    Build a wharf.
  • I want to roleplay a random slob captain who helps out his faction without hitting the OP shipyard button
    Build a wh- damn.

Cozy up to your faction's shipyard/wharf and scan it to 50%. That will let you see what goods it's missing in the information screen. Trade for those to keep the ships flowing. If you can't buy any nearby, see if the local stations producing them are well-supplied, and supply them if you need to. If they're operating well but too slowly, then you can consider building a station to contribute to the economic bottleneck.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 20. May 20, 19:29

I'm currently setup in Nopileos's II and VI.
-Nopileo's IV for the shipyard/wharf, as it's closer to NPCs and to the highway system.
-I also have a massive graphene/AM cell/coolant factory in Nopileo's VI, since many of the required resources are not found in either of these system. So the station is closer to it's resources.

-Nopileo's II for the rest of the shipyard's supply chain. I have my own massive claytronics setup there (among other things), and it works pretty well. It also makes a pretty penny despite being so far from any NPC customers. If my storages are full, the station will sell it's 24000-ish claytronics within 30 minutes if I remove trade restrictions, to the point where if I want to start building a new complex I'd better think ahead and set trade restrictions again in advance so I can build up a stash to supply the construction site.

This setup works pretty well, and my shipyard traders are quite efficient at keeping my shipyard full with what my stations produce. My only current problem is I decided to use the PHQ as food/medical supply production, and it's a bit too far to supply my complexes efficiently. I'm in the process of fixing that.

Keep in mind that Claytronics don't sell to shipyard/wharfs, though. But despite that they will sell extremely well anyway. NPCs tend to build a lot of stations.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 22. May 20, 15:40

Nops Fortune and Silent Witness are both great sectors, un-owned, close to a major higjway, and rich with most resources.

Also, just build all over the map. I have about 50 stations spread throughout the map.

Ovimik
x4

Post by Ovimik » Fri, 22. May 20, 19:23

Thanks for the good info!

I build a large claytronics factory in trinity sanctum 3 and it's almost completely constructed by now.

A wharf sound realy cool to try out and see how that works out!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”