Split Start Free Family - What starts Split Plot ?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

paraskous
x4

Split Start Free Family - What starts Split Plot ?

Post by paraskous » Mon, 11. May 20, 17:48

The initial mission was apparently done by other forces than me in my playthrough. My question: Is split storyline supposed to continue after the initial Free Family start mission or is there a separate quest giver?
I assumed my story is bugged because I didn't get any follow up quests. Now I heard that the split questline can be started from other game starts too. First time X4 player, so I am unsure whether to continue (made some good progress with the start).

-zz-
x4

Re: Split Start Free Family - What starts Split Plot ?

Post by -zz- » Mon, 11. May 20, 20:06

Same as for the other Gamestarts, finish the HQ Plot and then the Hatikvah Questline, after that you can start the Split and Paranid plots

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 11. May 20, 22:06

paraskous wrote:
Mon, 11. May 20, 17:48
The initial mission was apparently done by other forces than me in my playthrough. My question: Is split storyline supposed to continue after the initial Free Family start mission or is there a separate quest giver?
I assumed my story is bugged because I didn't get any follow up quests. Now I heard that the split questline can be started from other game starts too. First time X4 player, so I am unsure whether to continue (made some good progress with the start).
If you choose the Fires of Defeat game start then the Fires of Defeat Storyline has you kill a singular ZYA fleet. Once that is killed the storyline ends, there is no more. If you actually killed it, or XEN/CUB kill it instead does not matter.

For the actual Split Storyline you want to complete both HAT and Boron scientist storylines. After that Dal offers you both Paranid and Split storylines. Partway through the Split storyline it will split into Patriarchy or Curb storylines which are mutually exclusive.

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Tue, 12. May 20, 09:06

Happy to hear it. Someone else killed the ZYA fleet for me and I thought I had hit a dead end. First PT so no experience with the questlines.

TemporalAnomaly
x4

Post by TemporalAnomaly » Mon, 25. May 20, 02:03

FRF start here, I also have an issue, Expeditionary Fleet is down but I still have a mission to kill the commander. I've flown all over FRF space looking for him but no luck, is he in a bar somewhere just smoking spaceweed or what?
Rehab is for Quitters!

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Mon, 25. May 20, 08:58

TemporalAnomaly wrote:
Mon, 25. May 20, 02:03
FRF start here, I also have an issue, Expeditionary Fleet is down but I still have a mission to kill the commander. I've flown all over FRF space looking for him but no luck, is he in a bar somewhere just smoking spaceweed or what?
The start quest of split start? Is not part of the Split plot I believe. Do you have head of a split in inventory? Someone else killed that flotilla for me and resolved the quest. I noticed it suddenly gone.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”