The Maze Mission

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wolf359
x4

The Maze Mission

Post by wolf359 » Sat, 16. May 20, 10:53

Could this be the most frustrating mission I have ever done in any game.

After hours of flying about, getting more oxygen and flying around again I have got to the part where I need to shoot 6 clamps.
No matter what I do I cant get into the room. I have gone down all the corridors again turned the switches green then shot them again .

I have no idea what to do, I have flown outside the station trying to get to the six points. I can see then through the outside of the station .

Please help

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: The Maze Mission

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 16. May 20, 11:51

I made it through the maze using in a video. This is not the optimal way to do it, but I did complete that segment of the storyline so I guess it is more helpful than nothing. Although it may seem possible to sequence break, there are checkpoints preventing it. First go through the windy corridor to the second reactor core, then disable the connecting barrier, then head to the cocoon room. Windy corridor can be confusing, if you encounter a closed hatch then you have missed a switch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW7pHy2fdHo&t=1800s

The way I solved it is for Paranid Unification. If you want Paranid Escalation then turn around in the cocoon room to face the wall with the opening you came from and shoot the two switches to open the reactor shields. Place space suit bombs on the now exposed reactor cores. Carefully observe guidance as it will inform you when the placed bomb counts. After both reactor cores are set to blow you will get a voice over confirmation and now can leave to begin Paranid Escalation. If you leave at any time before the confirmation voice over then you will choose Paranid Unification.

rand__
x4

Post by rand__ » Sat, 16. May 20, 21:44

I had the same issue that the final door did not want to open - I bugged my way through (i.e. bumping in with high speed) assuming its gonna get fixed someday. Just wanted to get on after hours of wandering that maze...

KroelleBoelle

Post by KroelleBoelle » Sun, 17. May 20, 18:46

Totally agree, what a bad mission. Who ever had this idea and thought cool we will implement it. :o

XGamer
x4

Post by XGamer » Fri, 12. Jun 20, 00:45

Whoever thought of this absolute f!*&^$*&!@$#kn cluster!@#!k of a mission, deserves to be murdered by a spoon...
Want to do a mission, tell me what to do and don't make me fly around aimlessly for 15 minutes, all it will accomplish is people hating on you and rage quitting.
X:BtF: 7/10 | X2: 8/10 | X3:R/TC/AP: 8/10 | X:R: 3/10 | X4: 0/10 (3 points for split ships and stations, 4.0 -> -50 points).
If you are raising pirate activity, give me meaningful ways to deal with them PERMANENTLY. Better things to do than replacing ships every 10 minutes, or babysitting ships getting harassed.
Stopped playing X4 with 4.0 due to outrageous, needless and pointless nerfs to everything. Don't change what wasn't broken in the first place.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 13. Jun 20, 02:19

XGamer wrote:
Fri, 12. Jun 20, 00:45
Whoever thought of this absolute f!*&^$*&!@$#kn cluster!@#!k of a mission, deserves to be murdered by a spoon...
Want to do a mission, tell me what to do and don't make me fly around aimlessly for 15 minutes, all it will accomplish is people hating on you and rage quitting.
While I agree that it is most frustrating, it seems to me that it is in line with the maze mission in the X3 Reunion storyline, only in X3 there was the "added bonus" of having the HUD turned off by default!!! (you could turn it on if you understood what was happening).

Egosoft tried to keep in line with the X series but they missed one crucial element imho, the jump drive, which allows for fleet synchronised flying and tactics (Best of all in X3 Reunion again that you could split the fleet in elements and attack a sector by jumping different elements into different jump gates). They are never going to get travel drive to work, as far as fleet motion is concerned.

XGamer
x4

Post by XGamer » Sat, 13. Jun 20, 15:51

dtpsprt wrote:
Sat, 13. Jun 20, 02:19
While I agree that it is most frustrating, it seems to me that it is in line with the maze mission in the X3 Reunion storyline, only in X3 there was the "added bonus" of having the HUD turned off by default!!! (you could turn it on if you understood what was happening).
Seems I forgot most about it, if I ever played it in the first place that is. :gruebel:
X:BtF: 7/10 | X2: 8/10 | X3:R/TC/AP: 8/10 | X:R: 3/10 | X4: 0/10 (3 points for split ships and stations, 4.0 -> -50 points).
If you are raising pirate activity, give me meaningful ways to deal with them PERMANENTLY. Better things to do than replacing ships every 10 minutes, or babysitting ships getting harassed.
Stopped playing X4 with 4.0 due to outrageous, needless and pointless nerfs to everything. Don't change what wasn't broken in the first place.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”