Using Data Leaks to gain Module BP's, advice please.

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

Using Data Leaks to gain Module BP's, advice please.

Post by Scoob » Wed, 20. May 20, 22:56

Hey all,

Surprisingly, considering how long I've been playing for, I've never tried this before. However, as I'm quite poor, have unlocked the appropriate tech at the HQ and I have a suit EMP, I thought I'd give this a go. I say I've never tried this before, what I mean is not using an EMP - I have scanned data leaks, with ALL "Hack" items unlocked previously, but I've NEVER gained a Blueprint.

Having completed "Dock Module Hack" research, I flew to a dock module, jumped into my Space Suit and detonated en EMP, giving four Data leaks. I scanned each of these in turn, which gave a "Decrypted" message but that was it, other than for the final one which said I'd unlocked "Partner" something or other. I checked to see if I'd gained a BP for the Dock by seeing if it was in my Build list, but nothing new has been added.

I've read of people who gain ALL their BP's via the Data Leak method, usually using EMP's they've crafted, but it's not working for me. Any tips? Is there an up to date guide on this?

Edit: I do wonder if some people have been using Mods to help with this. As far as I'm aware we cannot obtain BP's for things like S/M Ship Production modules and the like, though I have read of people obtaining these.

Cheers,

Scoob.

oldsmuggler
x4

Re: Using Data Leaks to gain Module BP's, advice please.

Post by oldsmuggler » Wed, 20. May 20, 23:58

I'm getting all my bp that way in my last playthrough and no problem so far, keep in mind that not all bp can be obtain this way. When i get the msg you got is cause I already have that bp or the bp is locked to be only purchaseable from a faction representative. I think that's the case with dock modules but I'm not sure since I never tried on those

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 21. May 20, 00:50

oldsmuggler wrote:
Wed, 20. May 20, 23:58
I'm getting all my bp that way in my last playthrough and no problem so far, keep in mind that not all bp can be obtain this way. When i get the msg you got is cause I already have that bp or the bp is locked to be only purchaseable from a faction representative. I think that's the case with dock modules but I'm not sure since I never tried on those
Cheers. I'll have another play with this next session.

Scoob.

Melvach
x4

Post by Melvach » Thu, 21. May 20, 07:35

I’ve gotten a large chunk of my BPs from EMP data scan hacking. Also, even though the research gives you the ability to get certain BPs this way, data leaks are not 100% guaranteed to be a successful BP hack.

It sounds like you’re doing the scanning the right way. I’ve had to scan sometimes 8-10 leaks to get a blueprint, sometimes more (one save I would’ve sworn the Split L habitat blueprint was impossible to get, but I eventually hacked it). Other times I’ve gotten lucky and only had to scan 2-3. Just make sure you’ve got the right research done and persistence pays off!

Berhg
x4

Post by Berhg » Thu, 21. May 20, 15:12

Everytime I decide to try to get blueprints this way I go out and look for dataleaks, I start thinking of how boring it is, and go back to fighting and trade managing to just pay for the damn things. MUCH more fun than watching the paint dry on space stations.
Save the bunnies! RTFM

[ external image ]

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 22. May 20, 15:33

I made a guide on how to steal them,, the link is in my signature.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Sat, 23. May 20, 02:04

From what I know you did everything correctly.

The message you received about unlocking a partner or something makes me think there may be more than one reward for scanning EMP-induced data leaks??? So you got the other reward and not the BP???
I'm skeptical myself, but it's the only explanation I can come up with.

Try again?
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”