Xenon logic and economy

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tidaar
x4

Xenon logic and economy

Post by Tidaar » Mon, 25. May 20, 23:54

Anyone knows how the Xenon work in terms of capturing new sectors? How they decide to build and what?
Do they build new Warfs if they expand? Also not sure I understand how their economy work. I know they have solar power plants and some ships trading energy and minerals but how they fit together is a mystery to me.

The reason I ask is that in my game the economy is stagnating after Par unification and siding with Curbs so was trying to help the xenon come back.
I helped them take over Hewa's Twin I and II. By helping I mean making the Par fleet fight the Teladi fleet. Hacking a defense station for a K to wipe it out. Keeping the Par busy with ships orders so they don't replace their own . You know ,decent and honest work like that.

They took Hewa I and then when they captured Hewa II they started removing their solar plants from I to the new sector. Why the heck would they do that?
Also they destroyed Hewa 3, started a defense station bulb and they left it there without completing it. They also seem to leave a lot bulbs around without getting to them.
Its not like they lack resources or anything as they use a fleet of 6 K's and 2 I's and many P's and M's to invade Trinity and they keep bringing K's like crazy.

Is there someone who experimented with the Xenon enough to help me out with this info please?

BelatedHero
x4

Re: Xenon logic and economy

Post by BelatedHero » Tue, 26. May 20, 04:31

Unlike the other races, everything the xenon build is constructed from raw silicon, raw ore, and energy cells. So their economy needs nothing more than that. This makes sense because that was exactly what the terraformers (what the Xenon were before they were called Xenon) were built to do.

I’ve found the best way to hinder the xenon are to hunt for and kill the Xenon miners and transporters. I would assume if you protect them and give them asteroid fields, it would have the opposite effect.

I have seen them attempt to rebuild wharfs/shipyards in sectors I’ve destroyed them. However I don’t know if they build new ones in new sectors (haven’t seen that) or just rebuild.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 26. May 20, 05:40

Keep in mind that a more efficient way of shutting down a races production is by hacking their wharf/shipyard's construction line module. That will prevent them, or anyone really building ships there for 3 hours or so. I do that to keep the ZYA from steamrolling all their neighboring Xenon sectors after selling too many Rattlesnakes to them.
Its pretty good really, even helped the Teladi lose Company Regard doing that. And wiping out the PAR presence in the Northwest. But indirectly.

raUlo
x4

Post by raUlo » Tue, 26. May 20, 08:42

Whenever you see uncompleted new Xenon stations, it's because of the resources. If they move their solar power plants, it's because they need them closer to the frontline to deliver e-cells to new stations being constructed. I play version 3.1 and I can say for sure that the new stations are never being abandoned (as opposed to my experience from earlier versions) but they simply lack resources. It really depends on how many fronts they are constructing stations, but some of them may take a lot of time especially if they encounter resistance (building in enemy territory).

Perhaps the station construction logic would do with some tweaking in upcoming versions, though I believe they are already on that since I've seen real improvements since 3.0. And yes, destroying their miners is the way to go if you want to stop them from expanding, though you also have to consider taking out storage modules so it's certain that they don't have any resources left for building new ships. Actual situation in my game: Matrix #79B has been wiped out almost completely by ZYA. They only left one defence station in one piece, but there are no miners, only power distribution units. Also, there is a Shipyard with wrecked storage and construction lines and it's been there for a few game days now. I sent a fleet to remove all ZYA presence from Tharka's Cascade and Matrix #79B and the only thing changed is that the Xenon are trying to construct new stations but lack resources. Also, there's only one more Xenon concentration on my map, which is in Hewa's Twin area (which they managed to take over completely by themselves). What I assume is that they need another Xenon owned sector packed with solar power plants and transporters, which should be close enough for them to risk sending ships through enemy territory to rebuild their stations

Tidaar
x4

Post by Tidaar » Tue, 26. May 20, 09:31

Thanks a lot for the info. In some sectors they lost their Warf and Shipyard completely and was wondering if they relocate that effort in a safer system. I have seen them sending S ships from one corner of the universe to another and losing S ships in the process. A very dumb effort, probably that is why they never have enough to complete their projects. Faulty logic from their part.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Tue, 26. May 20, 14:34

In my game I found a wharf in Family Kritt, which I suppose wasn't under their dominion at the start of the game. So, they probably build warves and shipyards when expanding.

raUlo
x4

Post by raUlo » Tue, 26. May 20, 15:11

Tidaar wrote:
Tue, 26. May 20, 09:31
... Faulty logic from their part.
I see what you did there :D

They indeed rebuild wharves and shipyards, but it usually requires them to capture a few systems beforehand. An actual example might explain what I'm talking about: in my game they started expanding from Scale Plate Green into Turquoise Sea, Company Regard and Hewa's Twin. Their shipyards were originally in Scale Plate Green, but after capturing even the last Hewa's Twin sector (next to Trinity Sanctum, I think it's Hewa's Twin I), I accidentally discovered they had both a wharf and a shipyard in Hewa's Twin III. So they somehow seem to move their ship production facilities (or construct new ones) in relative close proximity to where they need it

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Tue, 26. May 20, 16:05

raUlo wrote:
Tue, 26. May 20, 15:11
Tidaar wrote:

They indeed rebuild wharves and shipyards, but it usually requires them to capture a few systems beforehand. An actual example might explain what I'm talking about: in my game they started expanding from Scale Plate Green into Turquoise Sea, Company Regard and Hewa's Twin. Their shipyards were originally in Scale Plate Green, but after capturing even the last Hewa's Twin sector (next to Trinity Sanctum, I think it's Hewa's Twin I), I accidentally discovered they had both a wharf and a shipyard in Hewa's Twin III. So they somehow seem to move their ship production facilities (or construct new ones) in relative close proximity to where they need it
I don't know if they move them, I've yet to go to Matrix 598 sector to see if there's a not a wharf anymore there.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 26. May 20, 16:09

raUlo wrote:
Tidaar wrote:

Did they already lose another sector? Say Atiya's Misfortune? Because in my game despite holding Wretched Skies for probably 24+ hours by now they still haven't moved their ship production forward.
Otoh I did see them build a 2nd wharf and shipyard in SPG to replace the Atiya's one which was lost, have you scouted SPG to confirm that they have indeed moved?

raUlo
x4

Post by raUlo » Tue, 26. May 20, 17:00

Did they already lose another sector? Say Atiya's Misfortune? Because in my game despite holding Wretched Skies for probably 24+ hours by now they still haven't moved their ship production forward.
Otoh I did see them build a 2nd wharf and shipyard in SPG to replace the Atiya's one which was lost, have you scouted SPG to confirm that they have indeed moved?
Right, they more probably construct new ones and not move them, though didn't check but I believe they're still there. And I think they only replace the ones from a particular cluster, so if the entire cluster of systems they own in the Matrix #79B region is lost, they won't be rebuilding that somewhere else.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 26. May 20, 17:26

raUlo wrote:
Tue, 26. May 20, 17:00
Right, they more probably construct new ones and not move them, though didn't check but I believe they're still there. And I think they only replace the ones from a particular cluster, so if the entire cluster of systems they own in the Matrix #79B region is lost, they won't be rebuilding that somewhere else.
I mean have you checked the other Xenon sectors to confirm they are all still there? What I understand is that there is a total number of Xenon shipbuilding facilities, therefore they will replace them as any are lost, but not build beyond what they started with.
I also remember hearing something about if you push the Xenons into a single sector it will be chock full of wharfs/shipyards and will be a nightmare to take, assuming the resources are there that is.

raUlo
x4

Post by raUlo » Tue, 26. May 20, 18:09

In my game most of the Xenon clusters were wiped out, the only truly surviving one being SPG where they took over everything until the last Hewa's Twin sector. Emperor's pride was wiped out by the paranid with my help, same for Matrix #598, Atiya's Misfortune, Tharka's Ravine. Matrix #9 only had one wharf left and they were trying to rebuild some defence platforms. Matrix #79B was even worse, as only a defence platform was left and a shipyard with no construction or storage module. Also, no mining ships there so the place is technically gone

EDIT: just checked. This is what my map looks like :D

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Tue, 26. May 20, 21:30

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Tue, 26. May 20, 16:05
raUlo wrote:
Tidaar wrote:

I don't know if they move them, I've yet to go to Matrix 598 sector to see if there's a not a wharf anymore there.
A little update: on top of Family Kritt's wharf, in Rhy's Defiance they had a wharf and a shipyard. Not anymore, heading to Matrix 598 in the next days.

Tidaar
x4

Post by Tidaar » Wed, 27. May 20, 17:12

raUlo wrote:
Tue, 26. May 20, 18:09
In my game most of the Xenon clusters were wiped out, the only truly surviving one being SPG where they took over everything until the last Hewa's Twin sector. Emperor's pride was wiped out by the paranid with my help, same for Matrix #598, Atiya's Misfortune, Tharka's Ravine. Matrix #9 only had one wharf left and they were trying to rebuild some defence platforms. Matrix #79B was even worse, as only a defence platform was left and a shipyard with no construction or storage module. Also, no mining ships there so the place is technically gone

EDIT: just checked. This is what my map looks like :D
Jesus! So they went replacing all destroyed Shipyards in the remaining owned systems? That is insane. Must be a crazy time for shipbuilding business.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Thu, 28. May 20, 12:21

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Tue, 26. May 20, 21:30
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Tue, 26. May 20, 16:05
raUlo wrote:

A little update: on top of Family Kritt's wharf, in Rhy's Defiance they had a wharf and a shipyard. Not anymore, heading to Matrix 598 in the next days.
Another update: they had a wharf and a shipyard in Matrix #598 too.
Now that explains why they were steamrolling over the Split...

raUlo
x4

Post by raUlo » Thu, 28. May 20, 16:20

I'm yet to see if they replace them or they simply build new ones as part of their territory expansion logic

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Thu, 28. May 20, 16:47

raUlo wrote:
Thu, 28. May 20, 16:20
I'm yet to see if they replace them or they simply build new ones as part of their territory expansion logic
That wouldn't be too hard to check, a fast scout even remotely commanded can rapidly move in and pop adv sats to keep an eye on your Xenon farms. In some ways I do like that the Xenon no longer insta pop all your satellites.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”