Tax Evasion 101 (SOLVED)

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

EosDigital

Tax Evasion 101 (SOLVED)

Post by EosDigital » Mon, 8. Jun 20, 03:57

Need help, i am trapped.
I am doing the mission “Tax Evasion 101” and I am in "Heart of Acrimony/ The Boneyard" system. My mission say I am supposed to "Dock on the Funeral Service Ship”. In the system there is only one ship, the "Ravenous Wight" and an inactive Stargate.
If I dock on the “Ravenous Wight" the mission asks me to undock and there is no trail leading me to the next person. When in space I cannot find another ship. I cannot teleport out of the system. I am trapped.
How do I "Dock on the Funeral Service Ship"? where is the Funeral Service Ship?
Help

EDIT: I reloaed and old save and found i was not supposed to be in the system with my ship. I had to dock on the funeral ship before in "Heart of Acrimony II" and do stuff in spacesuit before i get into the "Heart of Acrimony/ The Boneyard" system. Suspect a bug transported me. Leaving this here for devs to note

phoebiousz

Re: Tax Evasion 101 (SOLVED)

Post by phoebiousz » Fri, 31. Jul 20, 13:29

I have exactly the same issue only I don't have a save game before this happened. Is there any other solution or do I have to throw away all my progress?

xant
x4

Post by xant » Fri, 31. Jul 20, 16:29

I had the same problem and it helped to teleport out of the system and then back in. After that the funeral ship was there.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 31. Jul 20, 17:00

The funeral ship is not in Heart of Acrimony I / The boneyard, but in Heart of Acrimony II. It's right in front of the jumpgate that leads to the boneyard.

The "Ravenous Might" comes in later in the quest.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

phoebiousz

Post by phoebiousz » Sat, 1. Aug 20, 15:30

xant wrote:
Fri, 31. Jul 20, 16:29
I had the same problem and it helped to teleport out of the system and then back in. After that the funeral ship was there.
Unfortunately teleportation does not work because there is no active jump gate at the system. The only way I have found is to install a mod but this tampers my save game.

xant
x4

Post by xant » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 14:01

Well, how did you get into the system in the first place? Could you describe the process of getting there? As mentioned, the "docking at funeral ship" part of the mission should've happened at the Accelerator in "Heart of Acrimony II" and not in the Boneyard.

phoebiousz

Post by phoebiousz » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 15:42

xant wrote:
Sun, 2. Aug 20, 14:01
Well, how did you get into the system in the first place? Could you describe the process of getting there? As mentioned, the "docking at funeral ship" part of the mission should've happened at the Accelerator in "Heart of Acrimony II" and not in the Boneyard.
I wasn't expecting to backtrack and remember every detail about my actions but what I think I did was to dock at the funeral ship with mine instead of spacesuit. The moment I reached The Boneyard it was all over. I had my autosaves every 10-20 mins and by the time I realized that I was trapped, there was no auto-savegame left before the jump.

xant
x4

Post by xant » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 17:01

So to get it right: you did dock at the funeral ship, but not by using your spacesuit. The story somehow progressed and you went to the Boneyard, but the mission still demands docking at the funeral ship in the earlier system using the spacesuit. And the Accelerator between both systems is still offline, so you can't even leave. Is that how it is?

Hmm... and you mentioned that you can't teleport out because there's no jumpgate? I mean, is that even a prerequisite to using teleport? The split plot requires you to have the PHQ, so you ought to have researched the teleportation tech at this point. Can't you teleport to some random ship you own (or remote buying a cheap one at some random shipyard) and then use it to fly back to Heart of Acrimony II?

phoebiousz

Post by phoebiousz » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 19:22

xant wrote:
Sun, 2. Aug 20, 17:01
So to get it right: you did dock at the funeral ship, but not by using your spacesuit. The story somehow progressed and you went to the Boneyard, but the mission still demands docking at the funeral ship in the earlier system using the spacesuit. And the Accelerator between both systems is still offline, so you can't even leave. Is that how it is?
Yes, you are spot on.

xant wrote:
Sun, 2. Aug 20, 17:01
Hmm... and you mentioned that you can't teleport out because there's no jumpgate? I mean, is that even a prerequisite to using teleport? The split plot requires you to have the PHQ, so you ought to have researched the teleportation tech at this point. Can't you teleport to some random ship you own (or remote buying a cheap one at some random shipyard) and then use it to fly back to Heart of Acrimony II?
Teleport works with jump gates, so as long as there in none working at Boneyard, there is no way to use it. I tried to teleport to a nearby system and the option is not enabled (grayed out). I'm very close to max it out so I will try just in case it works but I doubt.

EDIT: Incredible as it seems, maxing out teleport did allow me to get out of the system! Thank you for your time!

xant
x4

Post by xant » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 21:27

I'm glad it worked out in the end! :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”