My solution to Split slavery issue

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

My solution to Split slavery issue

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 11. Jun 20, 22:33

After finishing the Paranid unification plot (I always knew HOP are nice and resonable guys, just grossly misunderstood and framed by the PAR propaganda) I'm moving to Split plot.

However, looking at plot spoilers I see only bad and worse ending.

We have 3 Split factions:
Zyarth - open slavery, hostile to Argon, iminent danger to Argon territories, concrete partiarhy
Curb - open slavery, hostile to Argon, radical feminist
Fallen Families - pirates & terrorists
Free Families - semi-fallen state, gross incompetence & anarchy, open slavery, hostile to Argon, support to CUB and FAF via shipyards and wharfs.

Simply speaking, there are no good guys here.

The plot offer two paths:
ZYA - unify Split under Zyarth rule making it even bigger danger to Argon, also CUB, FRF and FAF are not fully quashed, so nothing has changed at the end.
CUB - further fracture and dammage Split by creating and boosting CUB. In the end ZYA is defeted and replaced by puppet family and CUB/FRF make peace with Argons.

I think I'll take CUB path, but this still leave the ideological problem (slavery)...and practical problem - namely Fallen Families harrasing civilians and player.
The puppet state that replace ZYA seems to be berable.

Therefore to bring peace and justice to the galaxy (and also make some use for my 10 Carrier battlegroups)...is to wipe out CUB, FRF and FAF.
Make galaxy better place and also gain rather nice territory in North-East (I already wiped out Xenons there and Teladi moved to fill the void).

The only downside that I could imagine would be if I wipe the faction and Egosoft will add some new ships for them - I would not be able to obtain new blueprints :/

Hasimere

Re: My solution to Split slavery issue

Post by Hasimere » Thu, 11. Jun 20, 22:52

I wish there was an emote for snowflake jazzhands.

Anyone aware of a good emote for that?

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 11. Jun 20, 22:59

This would be the closest:

:thumb: :-| :thumb:

I also think to used station sabotage (shields, turrets, production) on CUB and FRF shipyards and wharfs - but I wonder if they work OOS (e.g. sabotage one station, then teleport to another and another, then do coordinated OOS strike on all of them)?

EDIT: Wow, I counted no less than six Fallen Rattlesnakes across Free Families territory, harrasing my traders :(

XGamer
x4

Post by XGamer » Fri, 12. Jun 20, 03:14

Haven't started (or looked into the results of) the split plot.
From the looks of it, we're missing the outcome for FRF to become the dominant Split faction.
Regardless anything that threatens Argon is good in my book. They're kind of like the new boron really. :roll:
X:BtF: 7/10 | X2: 8/10 | X3:R/TC/AP: 8/10 | X:R: 3/10 | X4: 0/10 (3 points for split ships and stations, 4.0 -> -50 points).
If you are raising pirate activity, give me meaningful ways to deal with them PERMANENTLY. Better things to do than replacing ships every 10 minutes, or babysitting ships getting harassed.
Stopped playing X4 with 4.0 due to outrageous, needless and pointless nerfs to everything. Don't change what wasn't broken in the first place.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Fri, 12. Jun 20, 08:55

Perhaps it's a spoiler, so I'm hiding the following.
Spoiler
Show
I chose the other path, as CAB / CUB (or COC, which is a very descriptive acronym for them) seemed even more hypocrite than ZYA. At the end I have -30 relations with CAB, a lot of red ships and stations in north-east territory and I'm still undecided on recovering relations or wiping them out.

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Fri, 12. Jun 20, 11:03

Whole thread is full-on spoilers, should have been started in appropriate forum, not here
Signature yes signature a GIGANTIC SIGNATURE!!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 12. Jun 20, 11:04

Moved over.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 13. Jun 20, 02:13

Seriously speaking, the continuation of war and conflict is what drives X4 economy (as in RL), so anything that promotes strife is good for the player!!!

On another level, what does the OP thinks we are all doing? Since one only pays to get a crew member at the beginning and that's it, it reeks of slavery in anyone's book I think... so, where is the "moral" issue with this?

I'd love the introduction of salaries to the game (not going to happen, I know), if only to put a break in those enormous empires built by players just like that with only the presence of resources taken into account, also the "obstacle" of fuel. On the last issue X2, X3 were more close to RL than X4 (the same goes in part for Rebirth where energy cells are replaced by depletion of shields). Slow free travel through endless systems using the jump gates or slave part of your cargo hold (any money) for Energy cells to utilise the jump drive.

MikeChance

Post by MikeChance » Sun, 14. Jun 20, 09:00

I took secret option three:

switch support to ZYA at the last second so I get a strong CAB and keeping FRF as seperate faction, then stop and let them stabilize and grow seperately (supporting FRF and hindering ZYA/CAB wherever possible)

FRF seems to get along with Argon in this case, though they really only have 4 sectors (and a few outlier stations) in between CAB/ZYA civil war space and the route to ZYA space.

Unfortunately, all the argon stations that flourished under FRF were wiped out by CAB/ZYA fleets when Tharka's Ravine XXIV was fought over. (previously it was FRF w/Argon factories in south, no fighting and 1 FRF defense station in the middle.)

Left CUB/ZYA in state of civil war, which technically leaves openings for Argon and slave revolts (even though not in the plot) and FFA pirates. Any nation dependent on slavery is doomed longterm anyway. Hope for updates that allow me to further destabilize/mold Split space and establish/support an argon-friendly FRF through diplomatic/economic efforts in the northeast so I can establish a less slavery-dependant and stronger split nationstate, leaving ZYA alone as the evil slavers in the northwest again.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 14. Jun 20, 15:54

MikeChance wrote:
Sun, 14. Jun 20, 09:00
Left CUB/ZYA in state of civil war, which technically leaves openings for Argon and slave revolts (even though not in the plot) and FFA pirates. Any nation dependent on slavery is doomed longterm anyway. Hope for updates that allow me to further destabilize/mold Split space and establish/support an argon-friendly FRF through diplomatic/economic efforts in the northeast so I can establish a less slavery-dependant and stronger split nationstate, leaving ZYA alone as the evil slavers in the northwest again.
Very clever indeed!!! In terms of maintaining civil war and strife with strong factions on both sides (It's what keeps the economy running after all). On another aspect now, who said that FRF are against slavery? The fact that they fight (covertly) for their independence from ZYA does not make them slave sympathisers in the least I'm afraid...

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Tue, 28. Jul 20, 14:40

Solely looking at the slavery issue, I don't think there should be an option that gives you good relations with any Split faction and freeing the slaves. Split society is built on subjugation and none of the factions should be ending slavery.

The real solution is that you take a third stance and incite an Argon-backed slave revolt which cracks the FRF space so hard it leaves a power vacuum that leaves FRF, CUB, ZYA and FAF scrapping for the north eastern quadrant and blaming each other for their loss of slaves and nosedive in their social economic state...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”