Player War with Hop during Paranid Plot

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lazerius
x4

Player War with Hop during Paranid Plot

Post by Lazerius » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 16:08

Just wanted to share my experience during the Paranid Plot that many may find helpful.

I was doing the Paranid plot with the intention of combining the HOP and PAR factions into a single faction (TRI). I made it to the part where you build the station for them, but didn't want to complete it yet, as HOP controlled too much territory and it would make TRI span 1/2 of the galaxy.

At this point I got caught up other things I wanted to do, and was providing Argon ships from 4 shipyards and was building a 5th in Argon Prime, hoping they would push HOP back to their borders. As several hundred hours went by, HOP kept gaining ground vs ARG and had all but annihilated ANT. They had taken Second Contact II Flashpoint, Black Hole Sun IV, The Void, Antigone Memorial, Getsu Fune, and had multiple D stations in Argon Prime, which was down to just a shipyard and a few supporting stations.

It was when they started hitting the Shipyard in Argon Prime that I decided I had to get involved, so I strategically placed my fleets and went to war with HOP. After many hours of killing dozens of massive HOP fleets (Including many Odys that had nearly unkillable shields... literally, they kept recharging from 0 to full in about 3 seconds... No wonder they were doing so well... Only way to kill them was to target their shield gens with Disintegrators, which my Carriers' fighters were carrying 4 of), I annihilated their fleets and allowed ARG and ANT to reclaim their territories. I than took True Sight, Holy Vision, Cardina's Redress and Lasting Vengeance for myself, leaving only Pontifex's Claim in HOP's Hands.

I only let HOP keep PC because they had a TON of stations there and I expected I was going to be doing a LOOOONG series of criminal hunting to get myself out of the -29 rep hole I was going to have to dig my way out of to complete the Paranid Plot.

Rather than start with rebuilding rep, I decided to complete the plot station's construction, and amazing this allowed the plot to progress. On completion of the plot, All of HOP's remaining stations and ships swapped to TRI and I was now friendly with them. This left TRI with a very respectable 13 zones, rather than the 22 they would have had had I not knocked HOP out of power first.

TLDR: If HOP has taken over too much of the galaxy, you can advance the Paranid TRI plot to the point where you're building the station in Pious Mists II, than you can nearly wipe out HOP to prevent TRI from being a faction controlling 1/2 the galaxy. :D
All your Hyperion Vanguards are belong to us.

Lazerius
x4

Re: Player War with Hop during Paranid Plot

Post by Lazerius » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 16:20

Just throwing out there, next for me will to watch how a rebuilt Argon interacts with Split. I want all main factions to continue to exist and prosper in my game, so I don't want Argon to grow too powerful and wipe out the Split. At the same time I also don't want to combine Split into a single faction that will immediately begin pushing Argon back to the brink of destruction.

I plan to continue building more shipyards/Wharfs around the galaxy as I watch this happen, then I will supply ships to whichever faction tends to be getting run over.

Xenon is also contained to Emperor's Pride in the NW and ScalePlate Green/Turquoise Sea in the SE. Each gate containing in the Xenon are heavily guarded by 4-5 Raptors, each with 5 Rattlesnakes and full complement of Chimeras, with additional Raptor intercept Fleets protecting areas away from the gates to prevent Xenon from running the Blockades. They pose no threat at this point, and this has been a great source for pilot training. :D
All your Hyperion Vanguards are belong to us.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”