Numerical in-game storage values are way off their visual representation

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

leoriq
x3ap

Numerical in-game storage values are way off their visual representation

Post by leoriq » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 14:13

I'm putting this under spoiler, because I came to sad conclusion that this will not be adapted in current game, because devs have limited resources.
Therefore I wish to unsee this, and
I warn the reader: this picture will make you unhappy.
I've put Boa, Buffalo and S Storage in one picture.
Spoiler
Show
It's clearly visible that L trader has 14 time more the volume of actual storage than M trader. And S Storage is six times bigger than L trader. I've counted only the volume of actual containers shown, not whole models. Also note that L storage in the back has 18 containers vs 3 containers of S storage.
In short, we see 14:1 for L vs M, 6:1 for S storage vs L trader, and 6:1 for L storage vs S storage.
Their ingame capacities? 2.13:1 for L vs M, 1.56:1 for S storage vs L trader, and 40:1 for L storage vs S storage.

I believe more visually consistent numbers would be 105 000 for Buffalo, 600 000 for S storage, and 3 600 000 for L storage.

P.S. Again, as it seems to be missed: I've counted only the volume of actual containers shown, not whole models.
Last edited by leoriq on Fri, 17. Jul 20, 12:55, edited 1 time in total.
Signature yes signature a GIGANTIC SIGNATURE!!

Lazerius
x4

Re: Numerical in-game storage values are way off their visual representation

Post by Lazerius » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 18:57

Comparing storage container to Buffalo, a small container storage has 4.2x the amount of hull strength of a Buffalo. Just consider the station's cargo hulls to be much thicker and require much thicker support beams and it makes much more sense.

Comparing A Buffalo to a Boa, the Buffalo has 7 more turret banks, 7 more shields and can carry 40 fighters vs zero, with 39 more crew. 16m3 container storage vs 7,500m3. Do you think 40 internal docks shouldn't eat away a MASSIVE amount of its storage space?
All your Hyperion Vanguards are belong to us.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”