Why is Dal Busta upset at Paranid unification?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Why is Dal Busta upset at Paranid unification?

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 6. Jul 20, 20:35

I just unified the Paranid. Dal Busta seems pretty upset at the outcome. I was confused, how exactly did he plan for things to go? I thought it went just as planned.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Re: Why is Dal Busta upset at Paranid unification?

Post by Rei Ayanami » Tue, 7. Jul 20, 13:41

It has been a while since I completed this plot. I did NOT unify the Paranids but instead decided to blow their monument up because I wanted to create another faction that fights HOP. If i remember correctly Dal Busta said he rather wanted the Paranids to be separate groups at war, because war and conflict means more opportunities for profit and power, and a unified Paranid faction can become too powerful for the other factions to handle.

However I'm not sure if he ever mentioned this opinion this BEFORE you have to decide whether to unify the Paranids.

Tantalus11
x4

Post by Tantalus11 » Tue, 7. Jul 20, 15:11

Rei Ayanami wrote:
Tue, 7. Jul 20, 13:41
However I'm not sure if he ever mentioned this opinion this BEFORE you have to decide whether to unify the Paranids.
IIRC right before you enter the monument the first time, Dal mentions that a united Paranid faction would be an interesting social experiment, but divided factions would mean more business opportunities. I'm quite sure the thread arising from a united faction wasnt mentioned.

Regards
Tantalus
Es gibt keinen bequemen Weg, der zu den Sternen führt...

Kintanar
x4

Post by Kintanar » Wed, 8. Jul 20, 10:44

You can ask him, just go back to the HQ.

MrSlow
x4

Post by MrSlow » Thu, 9. Jul 20, 15:06

I couldn't work it out either initially. I did go back and talk to Dal Busta however the first time he didn't say much. I went back later and talked to him again and this time I got the full story.

I want to know what Boso Ta did with the $1 Billion credits of my money?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 10. Jul 20, 18:10

Dal is upset because both you and him were effectively betrayed. Duke made himself Pontifex using the high priests you obtained, while you were distracted with a meaningless task he requested. As Duke is now the one true Pontifex of the most powerful empire in the universe he does not care about Dal, you or even giving proper compensation as you both are pathetic nobodies not worthy of his time.

MrSlow
x4

Post by MrSlow » Sat, 11. Jul 20, 03:03

After having completed this quest I won't do it again in another play through. Time, resources and money required for it for no reward are not worth it. I guess that makes me just like Dal Busta :)

I can see why it is a 0.3% achievement on steam as well.

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Sat, 11. Jul 20, 09:18

Imperial Good wrote:
Fri, 10. Jul 20, 18:10
Dal is upset because both you and him were effectively betrayed. Duke made himself Pontifex using the high priests you obtained, while you were distracted with a meaningless task he requested. As Duke is now the one true Pontifex of the most powerful empire in the universe he does not care about Dal, you or even giving proper compensation as you both are pathetic nobodies not worthy of his time.
But now, that a former pirate is the True Pontifex of all the Paranids, what can go wrong?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 11. Jul 20, 18:23

MrSlow wrote:
Sat, 11. Jul 20, 03:03
After having completed this quest I won't do it again in another play through. Time, resources and money required for it for no reward are not worth it. I guess that makes me just like Dal Busta
Personally I like it since it removes HOP from play. HOP is potentially a major hazard to stable long term games as they have a tendency to bulldoze most of the universe due to how OP they are.

BigGreenThugs
x4

Post by BigGreenThugs » Sat, 12. Sep 20, 02:27

Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 11. Jul 20, 18:23
MrSlow wrote:
Sat, 11. Jul 20, 03:03
After having completed this quest I won't do it again in another play through. Time, resources and money required for it for no reward are not worth it. I guess that makes me just like Dal Busta
Personally I like it since it removes HOP from play. HOP is potentially a major hazard to stable long term games as they have a tendency to bulldoze most of the universe due to how OP they are.
HOP is the source of an infinite supply of "Free" Odysseus Sentinels. :)

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Sat, 12. Sep 20, 15:33

With the right support, HOP is the best meatgrinder for ARG/ANT ships you could wish for, to let your own factories sell their things.
Intel i7 8700, Gtx 1070, 16gb RAM. I think i'm ready for X4. Bring it on, Egosoft!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”