Paranid plot broken?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Damian Swift
x4

Paranid plot broken?

Post by Damian Swift » Sat, 25. Jul 20, 20:48

I'm at the paranid story point where i'm following up on a lead and found a derelict station deep in HOT territory, so at the station but have no clue what the hell to do now? It says something about scanning signals but no signals to be found.

Been flying around it for the best part of a hour with scan mode on... nothing to scan? tried to look for guides on line but none to be found? Is it bugged?

Damian Swift
x4

Re: Paranid plot broken?

Post by Damian Swift » Sat, 25. Jul 20, 21:52

Damian Swift wrote:
Sat, 25. Jul 20, 20:48
I'm at the paranid story point where i'm following up on a lead and found a derelict station deep in HOT territory, so at the station but have no clue what the hell to do now? It says something about scanning signals but no signals to be found.

Been flying around it for the best part of a hour with scan mode on... nothing to scan? tried to look for guides on line but none to be found? Is it bugged?
Ok, I found 4 satellites to scan, and once done it is directing me inside the station, once I get in there... Nothing happens...

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Sun, 26. Jul 20, 16:50

You mean the station in the cloudy area, with satellites and with laser towers?
Yea, i remember getting stuck there too.

Unfortunately I don't remember what I did to continue, but here are some ideas:

1) Perhaps killing all lasertowers in the area could help?
2) Try using your long-range scanner and looking for "pings" (the circle-shaped radar echoes) to check for other objects that need to be examined/scanned or destroyed.

Otherwise, you could try uploading and linking a savegame so either I or someone else could figure out what's going on and what needs to be done in that situation.

vladimirvf
x4

Post by vladimirvf » Wed, 5. Aug 20, 20:57

There are 5 satellites. Scan the area to all direction and look for purple signals on your screen. I mean the sip screen, not the scanne, :)
Once you find and get close to each of 5 satellites, you get all the required data and a ship appears as your mission target.

Armynator
x4

Post by Armynator » Sun, 6. Sep 20, 00:31

There are exactly 5 satellites (they are called navigation bark iirc) you can scan. Fly near them, wait a few seconds for the progress bar to finish and find the next one.

First one should be obvious (on one of the pylons of the stations main part), second one is on top of the main station, third one below the main station, fourth inside the main station and the last one is on a secondary, smaller station part about 10-20km away from the main part.
There also seems to be another satellite/bark, but its not scanable for some reason - might be a bug or whatever.

You can find them relatively easy on your own by watching out for green blinking lights in the distance. You will get a radar/map marker once you are really close to them.
When you finished scanning the last satellite, the mission will move on.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”