Saw the Split ...

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dreez
x4

Saw the Split ...

Post by Dreez » Sun, 26. Jul 20, 00:31

Since when did Split have hair !?.

Stopped playing the game a while ago, a break, and recently saw some videos of split characters..
and since i'm a hardcore fan of the X3 games, split was much less human and didn't appear to have any hair at all.

Even the Paranid and Teladi is made much more human in terms of appearence.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Saw the Split ...

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 26. Jul 20, 11:22

Split are human like creatures, as explained in the X-Encyclopdia and as shown in concept arts:
Biology and anatomy
Split are exceptionally human in appearance, with the main difference being the addition of an extra digit on each hand. Males tend to be squatter and sturdier, averaging around 180 centimetres in height, while female Split are usually a few centimetres taller, slender and ascetic.
Image Image

Apart from the little communication videos, which were almost completely reused from previous games, X3 didn't have any meaningful visual representation of the Split. So it's really hard to compare the visual representation based on these video alone.

Paranid indeed fall short of their in the lore described anatomy. They should be way bigger and more 'massive'. But I guess this was done, so that they fit into all of the ships and stations.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Tue, 28. Jul 20, 03:13

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sun, 26. Jul 20, 11:22
Split are human like creatures, as explained in the X-Encyclopdia and as shown in concept arts:
Biology and anatomy
Split are exceptionally human in appearance, with the main difference being the addition of an extra digit on each hand. Males tend to be squatter and sturdier, averaging around 180 centimetres in height, while female Split are usually a few centimetres taller, slender and ascetic.
Image Image

Apart from the little communication videos, which were almost completely reused from previous games, X3 didn't have any meaningful visual representation of the Split. So it's really hard to compare the visual representation based on these video alone.

Paranid indeed fall short of their in the lore described anatomy. They should be way bigger and more 'massive'. But I guess this was done, so that they fit into all of the ships and stations.
I seem to recall Split all being locked in face-cages back in X3.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Sat, 1. Aug 20, 23:28

Hello all. And also noted the Split's voices. That has changed also.
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”