Looking for X4 Storylines HOW TO Guide.

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ravic22

Looking for X4 Storylines HOW TO Guide.

Post by Ravic22 » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 04:31

Okay...i've been at this for nearly a week now, and I've poured through every single theory...yes...THEORY...on how to get Dal Busta to offer the new storyline missions for the Split/Paranid, I am sick to death of playing guessing games with how this is accomplished. I have to say, i'm disappointed because it seems like nobody has a concrete solution to this problem.

So here's what I want. Either A) An Egosoft employee, explains STEP BY STEP what is required to play these storylines

Or

B) Fellow players who know FOR SURE that the method they have used works every single time.

The whole point of this thread is to avoid what people THINK works, and focus on what we KNOW will work, so please avoid posting something that'll continue to send our community on a ghost hunt. This game is starting to feel like a chore...

Thank you.
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Sun, 2. Aug 20, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: adjusted title

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Looking for X4 Storylines HOW TO Guide.

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 10:32

Not an Egosoft employee but anyway:

1) Make sure you have X4: Foundations v3.00 or newer (latest version is 3.30) installed.
2) You have no mods installed that could interfere with either of the plots in anyway.
3) You finished the PHQ plot (Boron storyline).
4) You finished the Hatikvah plot ("Join Hatikvah's Trade Revolution").
5) For the Paranid storyline, you have a minimum reputation of +10 with both of the Paranid factions.
6) For the Split storyline, you have the X4: Split Vendetta DLC installed and you found a gate into the Split territory (or out of, in case you started there).
7) You are currently not at your PHQ.

If that's all the case and you're not called to start either of the plots, please upload a save and I'll forward it to someone to have a look.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Wed, 5. Aug 20, 00:42

Hello all. I'm in the same boat as the OP. I've gotten 1022 hours of playtime and only Plot I ever gotten was the PHQ.
Here's my latest save from last night.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgBwNv1JBVJOgwkohvc ... B?e=nVzo1D

Its save_006
Hopefully you can download it from my OneDrive.
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

xant
x4

Post by xant » Wed, 5. Aug 20, 17:49

The plot missions go like this:

PHQ -> Hatikvah -> Both Paranid and Split (you can choose which one you want to do first)

There's a reason for this sequence, one which I won't spoiler here. Just this much: you get something from doing the (fairly easy) HAT plot with its seemingly open end. Something that you need to start the other plots. At the end of the short plot you'll be left thinking "that's it?". Give it a few minutes, fly around and do your thing, you'll be contacted by your PHQ. At that point you're set.

I had a look at your save. While I've never seen such a messed up situation (sooo much red, sooo much Xenon!), you can still start the plot with HAT. I just did it to verify that it is still possible. Just fly to their sector in Silent Witness XI and you'll be offered the mission "Join Hatikvah's Trade Revolution". You will be told to land at the HAT Free Port in the north, where you can meet with Reen Omara, who will give you more instructions.

What many players tend to overlook is that you are offered this plot mission only when you're in the current main sector of HAT. And you don't get prompted to take the mission, it just silently sits there at the top of the other guild missions and waits for you to be accepted like any other non-plot mission.

Other than that, X2-Illuminatus already stated the detailed conditions for the other plots that come after HAT.

My only concern for your save is the current status of PAR. I don't know how the paranid storyline plays out if there's only HOP and no PAR faction. But you'll have to see that for yourself.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Thu, 6. Aug 20, 02:21

Hello all. Thanks! Headed for SW XI. I've got so much Xenon in that area. I finally got the sector to the left of Wretched Skies V Family Phi to go neutral. I put 3 Raptors at the West Acellerator and have others there also.
HOP is running rapid. They built so many Ody's at my shipyard in Sacred Relic and they just started taking over everything.
stu

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Thu, 6. Aug 20, 07:34

Thanks Xant!!! Got the HAT mission! I don't know why I never got it a long time ago. I'll do the mission and see what happens with the rest. And I have managed to have good control of that one sector where so much Xenon was. I'm pretty sure I can maintain control of them there while I start to do the plot missions.
stu

xant
x4

Post by xant » Thu, 6. Aug 20, 08:54

Tell us how it went, if there were any problems caused by the Xenon owning half the galaxy. :D

philcommon@gmail.com
x4

Post by philcommon@gmail.com » Tue, 25. Aug 20, 23:17

For me, I can find the station, I see the listing for Reen's office but when the office doors open, there is only an open space into the station and I cannot enter. (The actual office is missing) I disabled all extensions and no change.
Any ideas?

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Thu, 27. Aug 20, 06:08

xant wrote:
Thu, 6. Aug 20, 08:54
Tell us how it went, if there were any problems caused by the Xenon owning half the galaxy. :D
Hello! It went well. I have a Defense Platform built very near the West Accelerator in Wretched Skies V Family Phi and now building another platform in Family Zhin at the South Gate. I had to do the Hativah Plot in chunks because I had to do something about the Xenon. I've put the Xenon in check and have all of the sectors in the area Neutral.
After doing that first Story Plot, I got the Split Plot and Paranid plot came up and finished the Split plot. After I get the Defense Platform built, I will do the Paranid plot. Building another 40 Ody's where I will have 270 Ody's in different areas so I can do the Paranid Plot with no interruptions from the Xenon.
stu

xant
x4

Post by xant » Sat, 29. Aug 20, 23:58

Stu Austin wrote:
Thu, 27. Aug 20, 06:08
Hello! It went well. I have a Defense Platform built very near the West Accelerator in Wretched Skies V Family Phi and now building another platform in Family Zhin at the South Gate. I had to do the Hativah Plot in chunks because I had to do something about the Xenon. I've put the Xenon in check and have all of the sectors in the area Neutral.
After doing that first Story Plot, I got the Split Plot and Paranid plot came up and finished the Split plot. After I get the Defense Platform built, I will do the Paranid plot. Building another 40 Ody's where I will have 270 Ody's in different areas so I can do the Paranid Plot with no interruptions from the Xenon.
stu
Glad to hear that everything went well! Wish you all the best for the upcoming plots. :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”