In need of 2 tips

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dtpsprt
x4

In need of 2 tips

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 31. Aug 20, 22:22

Hi there,

I am looking at two things and need some "spoiler" advice:

1. Are the Data Vaults needed in any part of the further campaigns or you just get what you get from them and a nice fat "Well Done"?

2. In the mission where you have to provide Boso Ta with Sedatives how many is he asking for? I've already got some 28 cause I knew that I would need them further in the game but, honestly, how many does he ask for?

Thanks in advance for any and all answers

Ezarkal
x4

Re: In need of 2 tips

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 1. Sep 20, 01:16

1- No. You get a nice "well done" and unlock the timeline in the encyclopedia. That's it, unless something was added with the split DLC. If that's the case, I'm unaware of it.
2- I don't remember the exact number, but it's not that much.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 2. Sep 20, 01:04

dtpsprt wrote:
Mon, 31. Aug 20, 22:22
1. Are the Data Vaults needed in any part of the further campaigns or you just get what you get from them and a nice fat "Well Done"?
They provide information about lore to the player. There is also a steam achievement associated with them that will unlock for your profile.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 2. Sep 20, 01:23

Imperial Good wrote:
Wed, 2. Sep 20, 01:04
They provide information about lore to the player. There is also a steam achievement associated with them that will unlock for your profile.
Been there, done that... and got disappointed when all I got for risking "limb and life" to unlock the last of them all I got was that "Well done"...
As for the lore, I have serious doubts that the "exact" X Universe lore is followed in X4. It is a bit "stretched" to justify programming decisions of Egosoft... Looks like the "Big Gate Shutdown" did not only made people loose their ties and their science (!!!) but also their memory... I wouldn't be surprised to see Jonferco thriving and having headquarters on Earth(!!!) as far as lore preservation is concerned... even X Rebirth was MUCH closer...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”