Kickstarting the Hatikvah Trade Revolution Mission

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ormac
x4

Re: Kickstarting the Hatikvah Trade Revolution Mission

Post by Ormac » Thu, 12. Nov 20, 07:15

I've done a Dedicated Warrior Start
Completed the PHQ plot
cleared Hatikvah's Choice of Xenon. (Now under Agron Control Again).
I have HAT at -10 rep. Been trying a few (four) independent civilian missions scanning hat stations (free ports and others) but haven't seen an uptick in rep for HAT.

I may need to wait for the plot station to be rebuilt in Hatikvahs Choice. (although there is the trade station at Silent Witness XII)

Just starting to wonder if I'm on the right track in trying to improvve my relations this way and start the plot.

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Thu, 12. Nov 20, 22:24

Missions will state which faction they're for, that will be the faction they earn rep for, you'll only gain rep with another faction from them if some aspect of the mission requires you to do something that earns rep with the other faction (e.g. if you take an assassination mission, then manage to kill them in a sector belonging to a faction hostile to the faction of the victim, or Xenon defense or something like that).

As long your rep isn't -20 (or -19 I'm not entirely sure which) or higher, a hostile faction won't actively hunt your ships (even "Fight" class ones) meaning you can just hang around a station they own waiting/searching for "Criminal" mass traffic spawns to kill for rep improvement (& if you've got Teleportation sorted, you can set up ships at various stations, though I wouldn't as the non-mission "Criminal" spawns seem to start after you've been hanging around for several minutes & then just keep going, apparently indefinitely).

At -21(/-20?) or lower, your "Fight" ships are actively hunted, but your "Trade" ships (which are still acceptable for policing mass traffic) are safe, at least until your rep drops to some "we actively hate you" point (which may be -30, or may be somewhat higher than that).

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Thu, 12. Nov 20, 23:08

So these civilian mission may or may not choose HAT as the benifiting faction.
I can see the opposing faction on these missions.

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Thu, 12. Nov 20, 23:42

No, that is almost the opposite of what I said.

I said/implied that you can, sometimes, game how you do a mission so that you will gain rep with a faction that you can't normally get missions from (though there might be exceptions, as I believe I once got an ALI mission to police criminal traffic at a PAR station).

So if you want to gain HAT rep, a quest to kill "Criminal", "Kha'ak", or "Xenon" ships (offered by anyone) that you carry out in HAT owned space will earn you rep with both the offering faction (for mission completion), & HAT (for killing their enemies in their space). (SCA may also count, but they're not listed on the relevant page on Roguey's site.)

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 13. Nov 20, 00:15

Ormac wrote:
Thu, 12. Nov 20, 23:08
So these civilian mission may or may not choose HAT as the benifiting faction.
I can see the opposing faction on these missions.
It does not have to be a HAT mission, it can also be to shoot criminal traffic over a HAT station. Of course, you can hang around one and wait for criminal traffic to appear, even better if there is one isolated in the most left side of Silent Witness XI or the left most side on Heretic's End they "suffer" from Khaak attacks (there are Khaak installations there) and you get good rep points killing the attacking Khaak Quenn's Guard and Protector, even the small ones pay good in rep (and some cash)...

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Fri, 13. Nov 20, 04:47

OK I'll try some of the other missions.

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Mon, 16. Nov 20, 05:46

OK I was lucky enough to defend a Free Port from a Xenon raid so I've got enough rep to allow for docking privilages so I should be good to get going soon.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”