Kickstarting the Hatikvah Trade Revolution Mission

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kumba42
x4

Kickstarting the Hatikvah Trade Revolution Mission

Post by Kumba42 » Sat, 5. Sep 20, 23:04

I have been playing the same savegame since the game's release, starting from a custom start (the one w/ "Val Selton"). I've been unable to trigger the "Join Hatikvah's Trade Revolution" mission since 3.00 came out. Their station in Hatikvah's Choice I has remained unharmed and still holds their representative, but there is no "Reen Omara" individual on that station. My faction is effectively friends (+30 rep) with all other factions, except the SCA, XEN, and FAF. Mostly because I run a massive trade empire and my shipyard brings all the factions to my sector. I would like to kickstart this Hatikvah mission, as I understand it to be the prerequisite to the Split and Paranid story missions, which I'd like to try and play through. I do not want to start a new game to do so. Does anyone have any ideas how I might go about doing this in the current savegame?

I also remember upon exploring the Split sectors for the first time, having a unique encounter w/ dialogue with a Split ship that was fleeing from someone, but it disappeared on me and I haven't been able to find it since then. Is this also related to the Split storyline in anyway? If so, any idea where to look for that ship?

dtpsprt
x4

Re: Kickstarting the Hatikvah Trade Revolution Mission

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 6. Sep 20, 00:31

The Hatikvah mission is offered when you enter a sector in the vicinity of 2 sectors form Hatikvah's Choice. You'll find it in the offered missions tab.

The ship is just a cutscene, appears the first time you come near a gate that leads to the Split Sectors.
Something like that happens if you play a Split start. When you reach a gate that leads to the "Old Federation", an Argon Cerberus appears seeking free passage to the lost Argon Colonies.
On both cases, if you accompany the ship, you get a rep boost (about +5) with the Argon.

Kumba42
x4

Post by Kumba42 » Sun, 6. Sep 20, 03:36

dtpsprt wrote:
Sun, 6. Sep 20, 00:31
The Hatikvah mission is offered when you enter a sector in the vicinity of 2 sectors form Hatikvah's Choice. You'll find it in the offered missions tab.
Yeah, I've read that on the forums and on Reddit, but it doesn't trigger for me. I've made my home sector in Heretic's End (done prior to the Split expansion, when it was a dead-end sector), which is two sectors out from Hatikvah's Choice I (HC1). Got about 35 stations in Heretic's End supporting my Shipyard, so there's a ton of my freighter traffic passing through HC1 and all the surrounding sectors. I even have a megacomplex station in HC1 that's about ~40km from the HAT trading station -- first station I built before moving into Heretic's End. Arguably, this mission should have triggered a long time ago for me. I am wondering if because this is a savegame from the 1.00 release day, if it's even possible that it can trigger.

dtpsprt wrote:
Sun, 6. Sep 20, 00:31
The ship is just a cutscene, appears the first time you come near a gate that leads to the Split Sectors.
Something like that happens if you play a Split start. When you reach a gate that leads to the "Old Federation", an Argon Cerberus appears seeking free passage to the lost Argon Colonies.
On both cases, if you accompany the ship, you get a rep boost (about +5) with the Argon.
Thanks for explaining this. Safe to ignore then. I don't recall any Cerebus ships appearing, that or I missed them. 30 rep w/ the Argonians anyways, so it doesn't matter.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 6. Sep 20, 08:00

Kumba42 wrote:
Sun, 6. Sep 20, 03:36
Yeah, I've read that on the forums and on Reddit, but it doesn't trigger for me. I've made my home sector in Heretic's End (done prior to the Split expansion, when it was a dead-end sector), which is two sectors out from Hatikvah's Choice I (HC1). Got about 35 stations in Heretic's End supporting my Shipyard, so there's a ton of my freighter traffic passing through HC1 and all the surrounding sectors. I even have a megacomplex station in HC1 that's about ~40km from the HAT trading station -- first station I built before moving into Heretic's End. Arguably, this mission should have triggered a long time ago for me. I am wondering if because this is a savegame from the 1.00 release day, if it's even possible that it can trigger.
It is you that have to travel to systems 2 gates from Hatikvah's Choice. It should appear on Argon Prime for example or Silent Witness I it will be on top of the missions screen under the heading of Important Missions.

Kumba42
x4

Post by Kumba42 » Sun, 6. Sep 20, 09:03

dtpsprt wrote:
Sun, 6. Sep 20, 08:00
It is you that have to travel to systems 2 gates from Hatikvah's Choice. It should appear on Argon Prime for example or Silent Witness I it will be on top of the missions screen under the heading of Important Missions.
Does the mission disappear if you move beyond two gates? Cause I have explored the entire map, with the exception of the hidden sector Heart of Acrimony I The Boneyard, so I should have encountered it by now if that was the case.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 6. Sep 20, 09:34

Kumba42 wrote:
Sun, 6. Sep 20, 09:03
Does the mission disappear if you move beyond two gates?
Yes. Just like the Guild/War missions. They are shown only when you are in the space of the one, who offers (or something like that).
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Kumba42
x4

Post by Kumba42 » Mon, 7. Sep 20, 20:45

jlehtone wrote:
Sun, 6. Sep 20, 09:34
Yes. Just like the Guild/War missions. They are shown only when you are in the space of the one, who offers (or something like that).
So I dug around in one of my save files and located the XML logic for the mission. It seems it is stuck on me finding the Hatikvah station. Something like this:

Code: Select all

<cue id="474248" name="Pt1_Force" state="complete" time="2072560.763"/>
        <cue id="474249" name="Pt1_Hatikvah_Offer" state="complete" time="2072560.763">
            <cue id="474250" name="Pt1_Hatikvah_Offer_Init" state="complete" time="2072560.763"/>
-->         <cue id="474251" name="Pt1_Find_Hatikvah_Station" state="waiting">                         <--
                <cue id="474252" name="Pt1_Find_Hatikvah_Station_Reset"/></cue>
            <cue id="474253" name="Pt1_Hatikvah_Offer_Setup" state="complete" time="2072560.763">
                <cue id="474254" name="Pt1_Hatikvah_Station_Destroyed" state="waiting"/>
                <cue id="474255" name="Pt1_Create_Offer_Init" state="complete" time="2072560.763"/>
                <cue id="474256" name="Pt1_Create_Offer" state="complete" time="2072560.763">
-->                 <cue id="474257" name="Pt1_Offer_Accepted" state="waiting"/>                       <--
                    <cue id="474258" name="Pt1_Manager_Conv_1" state="waiting" time="2349217.153">
The lines between '-->' and '<--' show they are in a "waiting" state. It seems, if I have the indentation correct, that I need to get within two sectors of a specific Hatikvah station. Obviously, this can't be the one in Hatikvah's Choice I, since I travel by there all the time. I think there's only one or two other stations owned by HAT. Can't be the one in Heretic's End, because that's my home sector now. That really only leaves Second Contact XI, though Second Contact II Flashpoint is two gates away from that sector and I pass through it all the time.

Does anyone know how to get at the mission XML data? The string "Pt1_Find_Hatikvah_Station" is an obvious reference to something in the mission files that might allow me to locate the trigger conditions or work out which station Reen Omara is cued to trigger at. I looked in my Steam folder, but all I can find are signed DAT files and 7-Zip doesn't recognize them as archives.

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Fri, 30. Oct 20, 06:36

Found this topic while looking for the Hatikvah's mission. I think I am in the same situation as some here.

- Been using the same gamestart almost since V1
- No Hatikvah mission when in or close to Hatikvah's sectors
- No Hatikvah trade station in Hatikvah's Choice I or III
- No faction representative icon in any of the other stations in those sectors
- Hatikvah's choice I and III are now governed by Argon federation (as opposed to Hatikvah Free League in a new game)
- I have the same savegame state as above as for the complete/waiting
- The only two HAT stations are freeports (Second Contact VII and Heretic's End)
- Faction representative is at the Heretic's End station but only give me option to buy license or blueprint

This is on version 3.30

I'll keep looking forums and maybe compare with a new savegame.
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 30. Oct 20, 15:46

In my most recent game Hat's trade station got blown up, then got rebuild in Silent Witness XI.

Look around in sectors where they have a "pirate" base. That may be where they rebuild.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Sun, 1. Nov 20, 07:30

Thanks, I was able to find a Hatikvah Freeport in Silent Witness XI but looking at my mission list, I still don't see anything from Hatikvah faction.
I have the "historical logs" mission for the data vaults, I read somewhere that if you have the PHQ missions active, you won' t see Hatikvah's mission. Not sure if it is applicable to this mission too.
Any idea ?
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 1. Nov 20, 08:30

gorman2040 wrote:
Sun, 1. Nov 20, 07:30
Thanks, I was able to find a Hatikvah Freeport in Silent Witness XI but looking at my mission list, I still don't see anything from Hatikvah faction.
I have the "historical logs" mission for the data vaults, I read somewhere that if you have the PHQ missions active, you won' t see Hatikvah's mission. Not sure if it is applicable to this mission too.
Any idea ?
It's not in your mission list. It appears in the list of available missions as an important missions when you reach two sectors from the Hatikvah HQ. I would land in that Hatikvah Freeport and ask (the Trader for where their faction rep is.

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Sun, 1. Nov 20, 22:20

I looked around further around silent witness sectors and didn't see any new stations (tried long range scanner, just in case).
I usually look both in Missions Manager and Missions Offers every time I enter a sector.

For Hatikvah, I went to their representative (blue character with crown) in Heretic's End, I can just buy license and blueprint.
In the Hatikvah's freeport in Second Contact VII I can see a yellow character icon (no crown) over the station so I would think I am at the right place given that there is the same icon over the PHQ (for the historical log mission ?).

I'd like to get confirmation if someone was able to see the mission while having the "historical log" mission sitting in the list.

Thank you.
"Show me your wares!"

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 1. Nov 20, 23:06

gorman2040 wrote:
Sun, 1. Nov 20, 22:20
I looked around further around silent witness sectors and didn't see any new stations (tried long range scanner, just in case).
I usually look both in Missions Manager and Missions Offers every time I enter a sector.

For Hatikvah, I went to their representative (blue character with crown) in Heretic's End, I can just buy license and blueprint.
In the Hatikvah's freeport in Second Contact VII I can see a yellow character icon (no crown) over the station so I would think I am at the right place given that there is the same icon over the PHQ (for the historical log mission ?).

I'd like to get confirmation if someone was able to see the mission while having the "historical log" mission sitting in the list.

Thank you.
The Hatikvah mission is totally independent from any other, I have taken in in the start of the game, before even starting with PHQ, after, any combination so it works independently.
The yellow person icon means that you either have a mission from a person in the station or you recently had one. In that Hatikvah's rep station was there an entry "Reen Omara's office" in the elevator? This is where you have to go to start the mission.

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Mon, 2. Nov 20, 01:17

dtpsprt wrote:
Sun, 1. Nov 20, 23:06

The Hatikvah mission is totally independent from any other, I have taken in in the start of the game, before even starting with PHQ, after, any combination so it works independently.
The yellow person icon means that you either have a mission from a person in the station or you recently had one. In that Hatikvah's rep station was there an entry "Reen Omara's office" in the elevator? This is where you have to go to start the mission.
Ok, so that means I am missing something else.
I compared again to a fresh new game, the trading station has the blue crowned icon of the representative but once you accept the invite for Hatikvah mission, you can also see the yellow character icon, there is even a "!" sign if the mission is active.
So it looks like the games know I have an important mission at this station (i have no important mission beside the historical logs).

In my new game start, the "office - Reen" section in the elevator only showed after accepting the mission, meaning unless I am able to accept the mission invite, that section won't be visible to me in the station.

Will try looking around again, maybe I missed something.
"Show me your wares!"

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Tue, 3. Nov 20, 08:32

I finally found the mission invite \o/

Basically I randomly teleported in different parts of the universe and checked the mission offers.
Eventually I saw the invite when I was in Hewa's Twin III. I haven't accepted it to determine the final location.
I one of my older save, I accepted it and it was in Nopileo's Fortune II.

The yellow character icon did appear in multiple locations I teleported to so it's definitely not an indicator.

Hopefully this will help other players.
"Show me your wares!"

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Thu, 12. Nov 20, 07:15

I've done a Dedicated Warrior Start
Completed the PHQ plot
cleared Hatikvah's Choice of Xenon. (Now under Agron Control Again).
I have HAT at -10 rep. Been trying a few (four) independent civilian missions scanning hat stations (free ports and others) but haven't seen an uptick in rep for HAT.

I may need to wait for the plot station to be rebuilt in Hatikvahs Choice. (although there is the trade station at Silent Witness XII)

Just starting to wonder if I'm on the right track in trying to improvve my relations this way and start the plot.

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Thu, 12. Nov 20, 22:24

Missions will state which faction they're for, that will be the faction they earn rep for, you'll only gain rep with another faction from them if some aspect of the mission requires you to do something that earns rep with the other faction (e.g. if you take an assassination mission, then manage to kill them in a sector belonging to a faction hostile to the faction of the victim, or Xenon defense or something like that).

As long your rep isn't -20 (or -19 I'm not entirely sure which) or higher, a hostile faction won't actively hunt your ships (even "Fight" class ones) meaning you can just hang around a station they own waiting/searching for "Criminal" mass traffic spawns to kill for rep improvement (& if you've got Teleportation sorted, you can set up ships at various stations, though I wouldn't as the non-mission "Criminal" spawns seem to start after you've been hanging around for several minutes & then just keep going, apparently indefinitely).

At -21(/-20?) or lower, your "Fight" ships are actively hunted, but your "Trade" ships (which are still acceptable for policing mass traffic) are safe, at least until your rep drops to some "we actively hate you" point (which may be -30, or may be somewhat higher than that).

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Thu, 12. Nov 20, 23:08

So these civilian mission may or may not choose HAT as the benifiting faction.
I can see the opposing faction on these missions.

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Thu, 12. Nov 20, 23:42

No, that is almost the opposite of what I said.

I said/implied that you can, sometimes, game how you do a mission so that you will gain rep with a faction that you can't normally get missions from (though there might be exceptions, as I believe I once got an ALI mission to police criminal traffic at a PAR station).

So if you want to gain HAT rep, a quest to kill "Criminal", "Kha'ak", or "Xenon" ships (offered by anyone) that you carry out in HAT owned space will earn you rep with both the offering faction (for mission completion), & HAT (for killing their enemies in their space). (SCA may also count, but they're not listed on the relevant page on Roguey's site.)

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 13. Nov 20, 00:15

Ormac wrote:
Thu, 12. Nov 20, 23:08
So these civilian mission may or may not choose HAT as the benifiting faction.
I can see the opposing faction on these missions.
It does not have to be a HAT mission, it can also be to shoot criminal traffic over a HAT station. Of course, you can hang around one and wait for criminal traffic to appear, even better if there is one isolated in the most left side of Silent Witness XI or the left most side on Heretic's End they "suffer" from Khaak attacks (there are Khaak installations there) and you get good rep points killing the attacking Khaak Quenn's Guard and Protector, even the small ones pay good in rep (and some cash)...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”