Matrix #451 won't turn neutral

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Player9738

Matrix #451 won't turn neutral

Post by Player9738 » Wed, 11. Nov 20, 19:17

Hey folks,
I'm on my first play-through (but late game) and I came across a peculiarity: Although no Xenon has been seen there in a long time, Matrix #451 is still owned by them.
All Xenon stations have been destroyed and no Xenon ship in hours, not even an S.
The Khaak installation is of course there and makes a happy training ground for new pilots, but the sector is shown as belonging to the Xenon,not the Khaak.
Could it be because it is their very last sector? All other Xenon sectors are in either my ownership or in the hands of other factions. An I believe I killed every station in Matrix #451 before progressing to Matrix #9...
It is possible that the Teladi and I both had an administration center there when the last Xenon station fell, but the sector didn't turn grey (instead of green) either. It is still red and belongs to the Xenon.
I even checked in Plot View: There is no red plot except the Khaak one.
Any idea what I can do to purge that red color off the map?
(game is 3.30 on linux, vanilla, without split)

EGO_Aut
x4

Re: Matrix #451 won't turn neutral

Post by EGO_Aut » Wed, 11. Nov 20, 19:22

There are more than 2x factions with defence stations in the sector, ergo it will not change until there is only one.

Player9738

Post by Player9738 » Wed, 11. Nov 20, 19:25

I absolutely expect it not to turn green as long as there are defense stations in there. But should it not turn grey instead?

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Wed, 11. Nov 20, 19:41

Atm not

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 11. Nov 20, 19:42

My guess is that even in your combination (no enemy, only you & your ally own a defense station) the very "simple" mechanic does not trigger - which it should do if there is a distinct result. So if you or the Teladi loose a defense station it should change.

But I've to say - I agree. As no one owns the sector, it should become neutral territory. (it clearly isn't owned by the Xenon anymore, so coloring it red as in "enemy territory" isn't valid anymore)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Player9738

Post by Player9738 » Wed, 11. Nov 20, 21:18

Oh well, I just de-assembled my administrative module and by that gave the sector to the Teladi. I still have 50 defense modules in the sector, but player defense does not seem to count the same as npc defense modules...
At least the sector is not "owned" by the Xenon any more. :P

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”