Scientific Experiment PHQ mission

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

supamat4
x4

Scientific Experiment PHQ mission

Post by supamat4 » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 03:23

Right after picking up the device the Boron scientist left you on a station. you are tasked with finding a anomaly. The anomaly seems to spawn in a random location based in the sector where you activated the signal to start this quest line. The anomaly that spawns is in a random location. Tested by quick saving b4 picking up item the boron left. everytime i picked it up and dialog finished the anomaly was in a different location.

After going through the anomaly and doing the PHQ stuff I returned to the Spawned anomaly that originally took me to the PHQ location. Tested this a few times and it seems that the Anomaly that spawned for this mission is LOCKED onto the PHQ system. it is not like the other anomalies that have random connections. The Anomaly that spawns for this quest always seems to go to PHQ sector.

So, knowing that activating the Scientific Experiment Quest in a sector results in a Anomaly being spawned, in sector, that always connects to the PHQ sector. Where is the best strategic location to make this anomaly spawn.

Its functionally a one way jump gate that only the player can use. So where should It be placed?
near main highway? so can quickly ride the loop, exit next to wormhole travel through and be transported to player HQ sector
any ideas?????

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Scientific Experiment PHQ mission

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 11:42

As a caution only, it may not have always stayed 100% locked to the PHQ sector, especially once you start doing other missions and plots. Examples here and here.

I suspect that might even be by dev intent to prevent the sort of predictive placing you describe above.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

dtpsprt
x4

Re: Scientific Experiment PHQ mission

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 12:49

What I have found out in over 100 playthroughs so far is that if the sector you pick up the mission does not have an anomaly, one will be spawned, if it does have you'll be directed to it... (Excellent example is picking up the device in Trinity Sanctum VII where the "resident" anomaly is close to the Data Vault, so you see the double pink pinging)
I have also found out that not going into the anomaly at once after picking up the device usually results in you been sent to a different system (and G.O.D. help you if you have to travel two Xenon systems to get back to "civilisation)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”