Question about late Split plot

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

oddible
x4

Question about late Split plot

Post by oddible » Wed, 9. Dec 20, 06:17

So I've delivered the...
Spoiler
Show
fleet. All hell breaks loose. What I'm wondering is. Do these enemy destroyers keep spawning forever until I complete the next mission - deliver the 400 mil? Or are there a fixed number that I can clean up?

NPSH

Re: Question about late Split plot

Post by NPSH » Thu, 10. Dec 20, 01:47

oddible wrote:
Wed, 9. Dec 20, 06:17
All hell breaks loose.[/spoiler]
I know, it's glorious! I've boarded hundreds of millions of credits worth of CAB military hardware at this point, including a dozen Rattlers and a Raptor. I haven't seen any more recently, so I think you can work them down.

My question, to add on to yours, is does it make sense for me to kill all of the CAB platforms, or do they switch control back to FRF or ZYA when you deliver the cash?

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Thu, 10. Dec 20, 03:35

Haha that's where I'm at as well - I'm getting board of the boarding! But how can I resist adding another Rattlesnake or Monitor to my collection! I really want that Raptor in Boneyard!

NPSH

Post by NPSH » Thu, 10. Dec 20, 08:13

oddible wrote:
Thu, 10. Dec 20, 03:35
Haha that's where I'm at as well - I'm getting board of the boarding! But how can I resist adding another Rattlesnake or Monitor to my collection! I really want that Raptor in Boneyard!
I find some of the tactical problems very fun - how many rattlesnakes is too many for me to board at once? (at 3 v 1 advantage I seem to do well). Can I board ships fast enough that ZYA Rattlers can't get there in time to kill my marines? One thing I am finding, that while veteran marines are plentiful at Split shipyards, taking rattlesnakes means casualties are too high for significant numbers of them to progress. For all the boarding I've done, I have very few marines past 2 stars.

I also attempted to board the Raptor in the Boneyard. Dissapointing! You should be able to capture it to complete the mission as well. Or even get a bonus for taking the rebels for trial. I assume some of them would be merely wounded. Anyways, there was a second Raptor in HOA II, so I took that :D

Realistically, the war I found myself in with CAB has been one of the more rewarding and fun things I've done in X4. Now I've moved into Matrix #451 and Matrix #9 to establish them as the home for my new Split family.

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Fri, 11. Dec 20, 04:49

NPSH wrote:
Thu, 10. Dec 20, 08:13

Realistically, the war I found myself in with CAB has been one of the more rewarding and fun things I've done in X4. Now I've moved into Matrix #451 and Matrix #9 to establish them as the home for my new Split family.
Agreed, some funny stuff even happened to me. The CAB popped my admin center in Guiding Light before I noticed and the Teladi were sitting there with a builder, plopped a station down and captured the sector. I've got grey sectors all over the map and not once had an AI faction captured one. The ONE TIME they do it it is to capture MY sector.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”