Long gone will be the "Lazy" Days that started with X3 TC

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dtpsprt
x4

Long gone will be the "Lazy" Days that started with X3 TC

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 12. Dec 20, 16:43

Yes... what it says on the tin... err title.

In X3 TC the guidance would take you directly to the stations you were supposed to go, instead of having to find the station first and then go.

Now... (in v4.00 Beta 3 at least) the guidance will just mark a point at the centre of the sector you are in (if the station you have to go is not in the same sector) and, of course autopilot is not working...

The really bad thing is that I was using such missions to go and get me some coffee!!!

Old Drullo321
x4

Re: Long gone will be the "Lazy" Days that started with X3 TC

Post by Old Drullo321 » Sun, 13. Dec 20, 12:43

Happily they didn't think this fully through. Just buy some scout ships and let them do the work. They don't fall under the same restrictions. Same thing goes if you equip your ship with a pilot and let them do the work :lol:

dtpsprt
x4

Re: Long gone will be the "Lazy" Days that started with X3 TC

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 13. Dec 20, 18:24

Old Drullo321 wrote:
Sun, 13. Dec 20, 12:43
Happily they didn't think this fully through. Just buy some scout ships and let them do the work. They don't fall under the same restrictions. Same thing goes if you equip your ship with a pilot and let them do the work :lol:
I come to think they did... That is very good for "old hands" in the game that know of all the sectors and there whereabouts, but can surely be frustrating for someone new that has never visited the whole map at least twice (factory locations may vary but the sectors remain the same in the same place...
The pilot NPC does not help much... you'll have to direct him close to the hidden's gate position (mostly for sure) so that it can be revealed and the station's position will be revealed after he passes to the next sector, or rinse and repeat if the target is two sectors away....

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”