4.0 and CoH - Spoilers inside

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Revan Tair
x4

Re: 4.0 and CoH - Spoilers inside

Post by Revan Tair » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 23:15

TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Wed, 20. Jan 21, 21:48
New inactive gates:
Spoiler
Show
1x Antigone Memorial
2x Getse Fune
1x Matrix #79B
Where do you get that info from? :)

Revan Tair
MotherBoard: Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2080 Super
RAM: G.Skill AEGIS 2x16GB 3200Hz CL16
NVMe M.2: Samsung 970 EVO 2280 500GB
SSD1: Crucial BX500 2TB
HDD1: SeaGate Barracuda 4TB
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power E11 550W

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Thu, 21. Jan 21, 08:05

Revan Tair wrote:
Wed, 20. Jan 21, 23:15
TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Wed, 20. Jan 21, 21:48
New inactive gates:
Spoiler
Show
1x Antigone Memorial
2x Getse Fune
1x Matrix #79B
Where do you get that info from? :)

Revan Tair
Oh, I just compared map files of 4.0 with an older version.

xant
x4

Post by xant » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 10:08

Teladi CEO wrote:
Wed, 20. Jan 21, 21:38
Sounds like the Terrans and Argon/Antigone won’t be at war.
Spoiler
Show
Aside from Yaki and Xenon the Terran Protectorate isn't at war with any other major faction. The Terran plot will offer you three outcomes: a) keep everything as is (Terrans at peace with ANT and ARG), b) break up Argon/Antigone Alliance and c) War between Argon/Antigone and Terrans.
Other than that the Terrans will have a more active role in the universe, as they'll send expeditionary forces accross the map to attack the Xenon. This will be a huge relief for ZYA, HAT and TEL, as Terran ships usually come with very strong shields and weapons.

Additionally the Paranid plot gets a small continuation: once you unify PAR and HOP, you create a powerful faction that starts out without enemies (aside from Xenon). That always led to some kind of stagnation. Now Dal Busta will offer you a mission to cause war between this new Paranid faction and any faction of your choice, including the options "Terran Protectorate" and "All of them" (meaning all factions).

The political landscape is going to be very exciting with CoH!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 11:33

Wow, this is perfect from me as I'm Terran first approach and I unified Paranid into Trinity superpower.
My current game universe is peaceful (Paranid unified, Zyarth destroyed under CUB), so I'm looking forward to introduce more chaos :)

Comparing to 1.0, the 4.0 plot system start to be as good as in Terran Conflict :)

P.S. Will there be a plot for Segaris Pionieers?

xant
x4

Post by xant » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 12:45

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 23. Jan 21, 11:33
Yes, the Plot is basically the same, as you work for the Terran Protectorate Secret Service no matter your game start.

But the real gem is the Yaki plot, as it introduces two mechanics that are nothing short of mind-blowing:

a) a device that cloaks your ship from Xenon (makes them neutral for your ship)
b) a Yaki-owned space installation that can cause the Xenon to attack a specified location (they have it directed at Sol)

Those two are part of the Yaki-investigation mission chain and seem to have no use outside the scope of those missions, but imagine what we as players could do with those things? :D

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 14:02

OMG, this is so evil that I love it! Especially that I'm enigneering huge Xenon outbreak in North-West side of my galaxy.

Seem like 4.0 will be major fun for me :)

Teladi CEO

Post by Teladi CEO » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 14:09

Sounds awesome, now I can engineer war in the galaxy.

It would actually be really cool with the Terrans around the galaxy. Seeing Terrans fight alongside the Argons would be fantastic. Do the plot lines require massive amounts of wealth or just skill?
We don’t know what paradise is like, but probably it’s blue magenta, flecked with pink. But even if it’s green and red-checked we should make the most of it. -Boron saying

xant
x4

Post by xant » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 15:58

Teladi CEO wrote:
Sat, 23. Jan 21, 14:09
Do the plot lines require massive amounts of wealth or just skill?
Not that I'm aware of. The plot is pretty straight-forward: As Terran Cadet you're tasked to get friendly with the Segaris Pioneers to gather intel about their secret research station, as Pioneer you're directly part of their research team. While on the (PHQ) station it gets teleported to Grand Exchange by none other than Boso Ta himself. Here you're told to cooperate for the moment. That's how you get involed in the old PHQ plot and eventually through HAT with Dal Busta.

CoH picks up after that: Alongside the current plots, you're asked by Terran High Command to steal data from the ANT data center in Antigone Memorial. You'll use a SCA attack to create a diversion and then break in. After getting the data, you're presented with the three aforementioned choices.

The second Terran plot is called "Yaki investigation Plot". It will likely come up once you've gained access to the inner solar system and completed a few PHQ missions. You'll make contact with them and learn of their two problems: Xenon and Terrans. It culminates in the great Mission called "Mutually Assured Destruction", the destription reads:
Spoiler
Show
Pilot, I'm going to be blunt. The Yaki are at the brink of war, both internally and externally. When things inevitably turn sour, we need a backup plan to keep the Terran Protectorate at arm's length. You're let in on this operation because Shinamon vouches for you, because you have access to Terran space, and because we're simply out of options. I need you to continue Obelisk's assignment; to lay a trail, all the way to Earth. With that, the Xenon from this area of the Gate network will swarm Sol in the event that we are forced to activate the amplifier. We'll be rid of the machines for a while, and the Terrans will have their hands too full to continue attacking us. Think about it: two of the greatest threats to the Yaki, and the entire Gate network, tied up at the same time. Make your decision. We depend on you.
Here you'll have three choices: wait until the Xenon deal with the Yaki, go along and use the amplifier to attack Earth by using the Xenon or return to the Terrans and have them send a fleet to deal with the Xenon and Yaki.

The third plot is the Pioneer plot centered around the PHQ and their research of terraforming technology. Boso Ta completes the Pioneer research on terraforming and allows you to perform those projects. Among other things, completing it requires you to hack a data terminal on the ruins of the Torus Aeternal, so you'll need TER reputation to safely travel there. If any of the plots needs massive amounts of resources, it would be this one.

Teladi CEO

Post by Teladi CEO » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 16:04

Interesting thanks. It sounds like it will be awesome, by the look of the information Segaris space will be like the Wild West. Something I’m really looking forward to.
We don’t know what paradise is like, but probably it’s blue magenta, flecked with pink. But even if it’s green and red-checked we should make the most of it. -Boron saying

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Mon, 25. Jan 21, 17:38

xant wrote:
Sat, 23. Jan 21, 12:45
mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 23. Jan 21, 11:33
Yes, the Plot is basically the same, as you work for the Terran Protectorate Secret Service no matter your game start.

But the real gem is the Yaki plot, as it introduces two mechanics that are nothing short of mind-blowing:

a) a device that cloaks your ship from Xenon (makes them neutral for your ship)
b) a Yaki-owned space installation that can cause the Xenon to attack a specified location (they have it directed at Sol)

Those two are part of the Yaki-investigation mission chain and seem to have no use outside the scope of those missions, but imagine what we as players could do with those things? :D
Not sure about this one if that specific mechanic just spawns ships out of thin air...

mediacenter
x4

Post by mediacenter » Tue, 26. Jan 21, 05:35

any new xenon sector added?

Teladi CEO

Post by Teladi CEO » Tue, 26. Jan 21, 17:15

mediacenter wrote:
Tue, 26. Jan 21, 05:35
any new xenon sector added?
Based on sector descriptions provided in this thread it sounds like
Spoiler
Show
savage spur
will be the Xenon base.

Harrison_rus
x4

Post by Harrison_rus » Tue, 26. Jan 21, 18:06

Oh, thank you guys! You made my day! Now I little quenched my thirst about this dls. Weird that I got an idea go here only today :twisted:

- Any info about anomalies, points of interests or data banks in the new sectors??

Seems Egosoft make gorgeous work for this dlc - it is great!

P.S. Maybe to late but in russian version split supply ship named as "Varan".

Teladi CEO

Post by Teladi CEO » Tue, 26. Jan 21, 20:41

linolafett wrote:
Tue, 19. Jan 21, 10:46
Stoats not Goats wrote:
Mon, 18. Jan 21, 01:15
No worries mate, I was also quite surprised when I saw just how many ships are likely to be added, however, it's quite likely that not all of the ships will make it into the final release much like the Python and Viper that were cut from the Split DLC.
Because of the delay of the release, all ships will make it into the game.
The last ship currently being modelled is the M frigate, but this will be finalized before the expansion is released.
I hope that frigate will be the Rocinante :D

Teladi CEO

Post by Teladi CEO » Tue, 26. Jan 21, 20:59

Harrison_rus wrote:
Tue, 26. Jan 21, 18:06
Oh, thank you guys! You made my day! Now I little quenched my thirst about this dls. Weird that I got an idea go here only today :twisted:

- Any info about anomalies, points of interests or data banks in the new sectors??

Seems Egosoft make gorgeous work for this dlc - it is great!

P.S. Maybe to late but in russian version split supply ship named as "Varan".

Never to late to add to a good discussion,

While we still don’t know about many points of interests but we do know about:
Spoiler
Show
Torus wreckage
Possibly the ruined old Earth Jumpgate in Brennan’s Triumph

JonathanVQP
x4

Post by JonathanVQP » Tue, 16. Mar 21, 00:43

According to the map: the inactivate gates connect to:
Spoiler
Show
1x Antigone Memorial -> Segaris
2x Getse Fune -> Asteroid Belt and The Void
1x Matrix #79B -> Savage Spur and Tharka's Cascade
There is also the Boneyard which cannot be accessed until later on in the game.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 16. Mar 21, 20:48

Anyone spoted if Yaki Inari has been implemented?

All I can see is Yaki fighter and corvette.

Stingads_Gsöchts
x4

Post by Stingads_Gsöchts » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 13:05

Does anybody know yet if it will be possible to obtain THE two terran ships without boarding as they seem not to be for sale to third parties from the videos I've seen?

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 13:41

Anyone been able to get past the second airlock at Torus Aeternal #34? I can't seem to figure it out.
Regards,
Thufar

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 13:55

Shot/Repair to flip the switches off/on.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”