Ship Modification Items [WHERE?]

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

taztaz502
x4

Ship Modification Items [WHERE?]

Post by taztaz502 » Tue, 5. Jan 21, 12:44

Where can i find ship modification items, since ventures are currently disabled i can't seem to find any modification parts to upgrade my ships other than advanced and exceptional shield parts from missions.

I've searched a few lockboxes too, nothing has dropped from any xenon ships other than high energy catalyst etc the basic components.

Ezarkal
x4

Re: Ship Modification Items [WHERE?]

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 7. Jan 21, 23:41

I can usually find a few when looting the drops from battlefield sectors, such as second contact or pious mists.
Although I don't think you can get anything "exceptional" this way.

We'll have to wait for 4.00 release for ventures to come back. :(
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 8. Jan 21, 11:01

Ventures are not disabled in 3.30 release which is the version we should be discussing here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sun, 17. Jan 21, 19:14

Getting all of my mod parts from missions currently (playing 4.0 beta). It is possible to get all of them this way, though some are easier to obtain than others.

Purple weapon mods almost always seem to require either a station demolition job or boarding operation. However the rest are a fair bit easier.

Missions which provide a mining ship as reward are useful in that they provide both a purple shield mod & a blue engine mod, if you strip them for parts before selling or putting to use (they also provide some veteran marines, which have been VERY useful for those boarding ops I mentioned earlier). These often seem to be the reward for defence station construction and/or fleet delivery missions.

If I recall correctly Teladi trade guild missions have been my main source of purple chassis & engine mods. However it has sometimes been quite hard to keep track of what missions I'm doing for which factions & what the reward is (generally have multiple chain missions active simultaneously). Have even been cases where one faction asked me to build a defence platform, then another asked me to blow it to bits shortly after it was finished. :twisted:

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”