Factions getting steamrolled

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BigBANGtheory
x4

Re: Factions getting steamrolled

Post by BigBANGtheory » Wed, 24. Feb 21, 17:17

quickzombie18 wrote:
Tue, 23. Feb 21, 09:21
BigBANGtheory wrote:
Mon, 22. Feb 21, 18:20
quickzombie18 wrote:
Thu, 11. Feb 21, 19:37
Hi is there a way early game I can help factions from getting steamrollerd?
Think - Its easy to hack the Warf and SY of opposing factions to halt their ship production for 5hrs :D
You'll have to excuse my ignorance but you can hack??! Betwen the xenon and HOP id just sit there doing both. How do you go about this? Does it hit you with a rep hit? I'm not interested in a war with the HOP but I want to buy time for antigone so they can at least try and there sectors back.
I want to actually do the paranid quest as the last two times was war with HOP stopped me and the other the paranid other faction the quest relies on was almost gone.
Q: How do you go about this?
A: getting to close to spoiler territory here, but you can craft or buy the means to hack stations there are plenty of YouTube tutorials on this if you want a straight forward answer

Q: Does it hit you with a rep hit?
A: No I don't believe so, its like a stealth attack

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Wed, 24. Feb 21, 17:22

Sinxar wrote:
Tue, 23. Feb 21, 06:59
quickzombie18 wrote: The xenon seem insane and have a massive fleet patrolling the sector to the right of antigone memorial so I don't think they have long left.
BigBANGtheory wrote:
Mon, 22. Feb 21, 18:20
quickzombie18 wrote:
Thu, 11. Feb 21, 19:37
Hi is there a way early game I can help factions from getting steamrollerd?
Think - Its easy to hack the Warf and SY of opposing factions to halt their ship production for 5hrs :D
How do you hack the Xenon Warf and SY?
I don't think you can anymore, but it is possible to halt their production by attacking their resources extraction points. This could be a valid strategy in update 4 where a player mines areas to the point of depletion, would need testing

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 25. Feb 21, 04:36

Your game sounds like my current game. I guess if you don't go to war with Hop and maybe later Zyarth Argons get beaten down. Zyarth is invading from the top of the map and Hop from the bottom. In my game Argon Prime is surround on both sides and the Antigone Memorial area is Xenon. Pretty easy to beat them if you go to war or use other easy ways to make credits like piracy.

You can take advantage of in sector vs out of sector combat. In general if the faction you don't like attacks a station of an enemy you want to be in sector (within 90-100 km. They will take losses or get wiped out where as if you are further away or out of sector they will take no or less losses.

Missiles don't seem to work well out of sector/range (90-100km) . 600 heavy swarm missiles dropped a xenon k shield to maybe 98% out of range/sector in range half that much will destroy a xenon k easily.

you can pull agro and lead enemy groups from one sector to another to create battles/conflict. Docking at a station might break agro on your ship. Npcs seem to take a great interest in attacking the player vs other npcs so they follow you.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”