Cradle of Humanity not much to do, boring to be honest

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

memxcom
x2

Cradle of Humanity not much to do, boring to be honest

Post by memxcom » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 12:07

I'm disappointed in this DLC, only have a few missions listed, did the move player HQ station quest, got stuck on the stupid torrus mission , one with the switches so left that for now,( I hate puzzles did not buy X4 for puzzles) so that left me with flying around exploring , so I uncovered all the new sectors and built a station at the Asteroid belt and Segaris . The Terrans are still hostile at -15, but no way to increase rep(nothing on mission board or their stations to improve rep), at least they don't attack me until I can figure out how to increase rep like I did with the Segaris Pioneers (+23 rep).
I do have the trival "make war not peace mission" to do, but so far it's like Terran are there but no real interaction since you can't go to their restricted space legally.

Anyway I'm just building stations since no much to do, Xenon virtually wiped out ,YAK pirate based is destroyed by my XL battleships. I have well over 1000 hours into the game now, yes I'm not ready to start from scratch.

Anyway probably do the " make war not peace mission" today and build more stations in the new sectors.

I'm hoping the DLC story opens up but at the moment it's like dead in the water.

Btw I hope developers realize players will be doing their own thing in X4 so trying to follow a storyline you go in blindly not knowing how it's going to unfold or develop, so they can't expect us to follow the exact way of doing things , too many variables as they say.

memxcom
x2

Re: Cradle of Humanity not much to do, boring to be honest

Post by memxcom » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 13:02

Well spoke too soon, now the Terrans have gone hostile for some unknown reason , I now have -26 rep, funny thing is I'm not attacking them (have no combat ships in their sectors), they are attacking me for some reason, my two stations (Asteroid belt and Segaris) are ok so far but had a couple of trade ships destroyed for unknown reasons. Think I'll see how this develops.

razoth
x4

Post by razoth » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 13:09

I can relate to, how you feel. I had a similar problem before. I was too attached to my save, to even try a new beginning. (un)Luckily I was a bit dissapointed, when x4 released and only put like 100hours in, before giving it a bit of a break. When I continued that playthrough (release of Splitt Vendetta), I wasn't filthy rich. Then I played until I was, and finished the split dlc. But this time I wasn't nearly as attached to the save and having major decisions on the way, that might shape the face of the galaxy, made me try a restart and I liked it more than expected (although very early game can be quite slow).

I can only recommend starting a new game, but do understand if you don't.

Concerning the plot:
Spoiler
Show
The Terran Plot improves yet again on the previous dlc's plot by granting the player more freedom in solving it and at the same time higher quality gameplay. I'm not sure how to start it though. You might have to finish the taurus one first (which I enjoyed as well, but I read from others before, who can't get enjoyment out of it at all).

I hope you'll find the joy you're looking for. :D

edit:
Spoiler
Show
Is it possible you (your traders) went into their security area? You need permission to enter the systems beyond mars (+10 rep, I think). And +20 to enter earth/moon.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 14:54

razoth wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 13:09
(although very early game can be quite slow).
Compared to X3 the start is fast, it's ridiculously easy to make money with missions in this game until you start building your own stations and fleets and spend so much time managing them you don't have time (or motivation) to take random missions anymore. I remember with X3 it would take a long while before you could afford a new fighter, in X4 it's like 3 or 4 missions, if you can't convince a pirate to bail out even sooner than that.

memxcom
x2

Post by memxcom » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 15:56

razoth wrote:
I can relate to, how you feel. I had a similar problem before. I was too attached to my save, to even try a new beginning. (un)Luckily I was a bit dissapointed, when x4 released and only put like 100hours in, before giving it a bit of a break. When I continued that playthrough (release of Splitt Vendetta), I wasn't filthy rich. Then I played until I was, and finished the split dlc. But this time I wasn't nearly as attached to the save and having major decisions on the way, that might shape the face of the galaxy, made me try a restart and I liked it more than expected (although very early game can be quite slow).

I can only recommend starting a new game, but do understand if you don't.

Concerning the plot:
Spoiler
Show
The Terran Plot improves yet again on the previous dlc's plot by granting the player more freedom in solving it and at the same time higher quality gameplay. I'm not sure how to start it though. You might have to finish the taurus one first (which I enjoyed as well, but I read from others before, who can't get enjoyment out of it at all).

I hope you'll find the joy you're looking for. :D

edit:
Spoiler
Show
Is it possible you (your traders) went into their security area? You need permission to enter the systems beyond mars (+10 rep, I think). And +20 to enter earth/moon.
I think it was my stations set to attack all enemies, anyway still stuck on the torrus mission, those damn turrents keep killing me, I thought you were suppose to sneak through in a spacesuit to shoot those turrents but get wiped out, so frustrating for me since only way to load game save is close X4 down and relaunch X4 game , then load game save, loads don't work right on my game once you die or during ingame (never has done in X4 for me), so only option I have is to completely shut X4 down and relaunch game, think I look for a walkthrough since it is wasting so much time trying to do this stupid stupid mission, thanks developers for making X4 not enjoyable any more, frustration kills a game quicker then a Xenon battleship.

razoth
x4

Post by razoth » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 17:18

memxcom wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 15:56
razoth wrote:
I think it was my stations set to attack all enemies, anyway still stuck on the torrus mission, those damn turrents keep killing me, I thought you were suppose to sneak through in a spacesuit to shoot those turrents but get wiped out, so frustrating for me since only way to load game save is close X4 down and relaunch X4 game , then load game save, loads don't work right on my game once you die or during ingame (never has done in X4 for me), so only option I have is to completely shut X4 down and relaunch game, think I look for a walkthrough since it is wasting so much time trying to do this stupid stupid mission, thanks developers for making X4 not enjoyable any more, frustration kills a game quicker then a Xenon battleship.
I had the loading after death bug at one stage during beta 4.0, but it was fixed at some point (still during beta, I think) for me. I also don't remember having trouble with the turrets (might have just got lucky, they turn pretty slowly sometimes).

After a quick look on youtube, it seems like, all of them began with one of the new starts, and no one has a playthrough of tauros :(

al_dude
x4

Post by al_dude » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 17:38

Compared to "quests" (if you call them that) we've had, CoH quests have vastly been improved. It even gives players choices.

One of which is turning Terran against you.

Although... X series has always been sandbox (except for one which was an utter failure), you set goals and move forward.

memxcom
x2

Post by memxcom » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 17:54

razoth wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 17:18
memxcom wrote:
razoth wrote:
I had the loading after death bug at one stage during beta 4.0, but it was fixed at some point (still during beta, I think) for me. I also don't remember having trouble with the turrets (might have just got lucky, they turn pretty slowly sometimes).

After a quick look on youtube, it seems like, all of them began with one of the new starts, and no one has a playthrough of tauros :(
I'm still stuck at the turrets, the ship can't take much damage and you only need to be hit once in a spacesuit by one turret and game over, so maybe I'm thinking you need to sneak past use cover but then somehow disable turrets or get through, almost thinking of reloading an early save before I enter the area and never doing this mission again, no help in search engines, all they have is how to do the switches at the end of mission.

I can't be only guy stuck here, I only want to do it so I can continue the storyline if that is even possible. Storyline quests or missions should not be this hard.

darkstar12
x4

Post by darkstar12 » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 18:37

memxcom wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 17:54
razoth wrote:
memxcom wrote:

I'm still stuck at the turrets, the ship can't take much damage and you only need to be hit once in a spacesuit by one turret and game over, so maybe I'm thinking you need to sneak past use cover but then somehow disable turrets or get through, almost thinking of reloading an early save before I enter the area and never doing this mission again, no help in search engines, all they have is how to do the switches at the end of mission.

I can't be only guy stuck here, I only want to do it so I can continue the storyline if that is even possible. Storyline quests or missions should not be this hard.
Duck and cover. Then peak and shoot them. The turrets are weaker than you. Use the enviroment to your advantage.
And so it Begins.

memxcom
x2

Post by memxcom » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 20:35

darkstar12 wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 18:37
memxcom wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 17:54
razoth wrote:

Duck and cover. Then peak and shoot them. The turrets are weaker than you. Use the enviroment to your advantage.

I already figured it out, took them out one at a time by creeping real slow and shooting nearest one that is firing at you and structure for cover . I also finished the end part of mission with the eight switches, I now have no main missions listed to do, so guess I have to wait for something to happen, thanks for the replies everybody , this was one annoying mission, I had the bugged switches at start of the game but reloaded that a few times and it eventually cleared so I could move forward through the gates, the turrets was the real issue for me after, ironically the eight switches were not that hard to do if you pay attention to what each switch number does.

Now nothing to do but build and wait for something to happen, I was hoping for a new mission to be listed, but after you done this mission nothing listed.

I will try to get my Terran rep up but no pirates around or xenon so will be a lot harder getting my rep up.

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 22:55

memxcom wrote:
Why are you in the space suit? Just use your ship. You're meant to fly the ship the whole time and you only get out when you need to use switches.

Lander1979
x4

Post by Lander1979 » Thu, 25. Mar 21, 03:03

I got my Terran Faction rep up by taking out the Criminals in the mass traffic around their Stations. I'm having a blast with the new Terran Missions so it is what you make of it I guess, At one point I was tagging along in my Sin Pocket-Battleship behind the Spear of Odin in the Matrix as the rest of the fleet Sailed overhead gracefully... That gave me goosebumps and it had a full Homeworld 2 vibe. My only regret is not screenshotting it... it was Epic!
0101...0011...0011...0101...2!

Hawkseyez
x4

Post by Hawkseyez » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 15:25

troll. is plenty to do.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Sat, 27. Mar 21, 04:09

I'm not sure what I think ATM. I went Terran Cadet start first and got stuck on deploying 5 mines. No clue where to get mines and I'm not looking for even more lockboxes as that's a non-starter for me anyways. Wharf has no resources so no upgrades. Think I'll just skip the whole thing. Hopefully, the Earth sectors won't require the quest to be completed. I can edit my rep/faction whatever if that's what is needed. I forgot how hilarious this game could be with the NPC's.

Wheem
x4

Post by Wheem » Sat, 27. Mar 21, 17:20

Baconnaise wrote:
Sat, 27. Mar 21, 04:09
I'm not sure what I think ATM. I went Terran Cadet start first and got stuck on deploying 5 mines. No clue where to get mines and I'm not looking for even more lockboxes as that's a non-starter for me anyways. Wharf has no resources so no upgrades. Think I'll just skip the whole thing. Hopefully, the Earth sectors won't require the quest to be completed. I can edit my rep/faction whatever if that's what is needed. I forgot how hilarious this game could be with the NPC's.
The lockboxes in question should spawn just below the station, and in my experience you'll need to take the contents (even though not labeled as mines) from at least 2 of them before you'll have enough mines to progress the quest. I looted all of the lockboxes, and had a total of 6 mines with a deployment area marked on the map - right next to the station. If you can't get the mines from the lockboxes for whatever reason, buying some from a wharf or equipment dock might work.

While it should be possible to increase your reputation to >= 20 without doing the plot, you won't be able to get the player HQ as a Terran Cadet without progressing past that point. And no HQ obviously means no researching, terraforming, etc...

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 03:20

Wheem wrote:
Sat, 27. Mar 21, 17:20
Baconnaise wrote:
Sat, 27. Mar 21, 04:09
The lockboxes in question should spawn just below the station, and in my experience you'll need to take the contents (even though not labeled as mines) from at least 2 of them before you'll have enough mines to progress the quest. I looted all of the lockboxes, and had a total of 6 mines with a deployment area marked on the map - right next to the station. If you can't get the mines from the lockboxes for whatever reason, buying some from a wharf or equipment dock might work.

While it should be possible to increase your reputation to >= 20 without doing the plot, you won't be able to get the player HQ as a Terran Cadet without progressing past that point. And no HQ obviously means no researching, terraforming, etc...
Yea I started a new save. I did the loot boxes in that initial save and had zero mines just the civ ones with no option in military deployables. Second save worked fine though. It's hard to tell if one of the mods I have installed caused an issue with the plot in the first one. The new one seems to be bugged or borked since all the wharfs yards etc. won't build anything. The universe seems dead already (no traffic). I'll likely have to scale back the mods as something isn't playing nice. Now to hope Ego doesn't update (besides hotfixes) for a while so more mods get updated and I can be happy :mrgreen: .

EDIT: One of the mods conflicted and caused issues with my game starts. The station storage increase mod was one of the culprits.
Last edited by Baconnaise on Tue, 30. Mar 21, 13:54, edited 1 time in total.

memxcom
x2

Post by memxcom » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 12:26

Hawkseyez wrote:
Fri, 26. Mar 21, 15:25
troll. is plenty to do.
I said it was boring, anyway got my rep up to +22 with Terrans, no pirates in their space so had to keep doing local Terran station missions (like repair satellites) until I could dock, then my trade ships got my rep up with time (I only had one pirate ship fight in 5 days in their space with all sectors explored with advanced satellites deployed). Xenon are wiped out virtually, Yaki pirate base has been destroyed without doing any missions and I only have one Terran mission listed, right now just building my shipyard in Terran space with hi tech factory support, funny how you give a honest opinion and somebody calls you a troll.

Try to be more polite with members here, you are not doing yourself any favours in these forums.

MakerLinux
x4

Post by MakerLinux » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 13:08

Another opinion here. I seized the opportunity to try the Terran start from the DLC and I am heavily amused and at the same time even overwhelmed by the quest chains. I have been playing X4 since March 2019, and I never thought it would become so rich and lively. Kudos to Egosoft staff, specially the quest writers - I found these to be highly immersive, funny and dramatic. That quest to get the terraforming secrets in the old destroyed station was epic, and that ending reminded me of the Millenium Falcon escaping the Death Star 2 in Return of the Jedi.

X4: Foundations has gained what it was lacking, solid stories and missions (since the split DLC). I'm so glad to have bought the Collector's Edition.
Brazilian Linux-only user living in Poland, https://steamcommunity.com/id/patolinux on Steam. PC I use for playing: Ryzen 7 7800X3D with 64 GB 6GHz DDR5 CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, ArchLinux
Controllers: steam controller via Steam Input or HOTAS set: TSaitek X52 Pro + MFD F-16 + G29 pedals.
VR headset: Valve Index & Meta Quest 2. My other PC: Steam Deck OLD with nReal AIR AR headset

Old Drullo321
x4

Post by Old Drullo321 » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 15:57

In my opinion, the CoH plots are the best encountered so far in X4 and maybe even match some of the X3 plots. Sadly this is quite a bit overshadowed by some generic changes in X4 which broke things (e.g. mining). I can say, I had fun so far with the plots.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 13:56

Old Drullo321 wrote:
Sun, 28. Mar 21, 15:57
In my opinion, the CoH plots are the best encountered so far in X4 and maybe even match some of the X3 plots. Sadly this is quite a bit overshadowed by some generic changes in X4 which broke things (e.g. mining). I can say, I had fun so far with the plots.
Agreed. The CoH plot starts are much more interesting than the vanilla ones ever were. I'm also surprised Egosoft has yet to include a PHQ or Plot skip function.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”