Question on Terran shipyards

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ezarkal
x4

Question on Terran shipyards

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 07:48

Say I want to build a shipyard that can build any ship, do I need to include both terran fabrication modules AND "commonwealth" fabrication modules?
Or will any module produce any ships?
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Sattler_Norbert
x4

Re: Question on Terran shipyards

Post by Sattler_Norbert » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 08:59

Shipyard modules are universal. No matter where you buy the blueprint, the ship production modules are all the same.

I got mine from the Terrans, but they are happily churning out Argon and Teladi ships as well.

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 15:13

But you need the specific ingredients for the BP. So the commonwealth stuff isn't made with Terran ingredients on a Terran wharf. It just prints out any BP.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 16:00

Thanks!

It makes you wonder why they are 2 separate blueprints, then. They do seem visually identical, unless I missed some details. So if they serve the same functions, why make 2?
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 16:42

Ezarkal wrote:
Thu, 1. Apr 21, 16:00
Thanks!

It makes you wonder why they are 2 separate blueprints, then. They do seem visually identical, unless I missed some details. So if they serve the same functions, why make 2?
Different resources to make them. TER uses TER mats and COP uses COP mats.
Also they aren't visually identical. The shape in general is, but TER fabs matches the TER color scheme.
It'll be obvious once you have both side by side.

Sattler_Norbert
x4

Post by Sattler_Norbert » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 17:26

Wait there are two blueprints?

Hmm... that might be the reason why the Duke's Buccaneers don't accept the Lair I built for them... I'll try replacing them with CW docks then.

Edit: Or I can just load up my save after installing Hotfix 3 and discover that it now worked, even though the change-log made no mention :D
Thank you Egosoft for fixing this.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 21:15

Raptor34 wrote:
Thu, 1. Apr 21, 16:42
Ezarkal wrote:
Thu, 1. Apr 21, 16:00
Thanks!

Different resources to make them. TER uses TER mats and COP uses COP mats.
Also they aren't visually identical. The shape in general is, but TER fabs matches the TER color scheme.
It'll be obvious once you have both side by side.

Yeah, the resource part actually makes a lot of sense. How could TER build a shipyard that requires commonwealth resources?
I had the impression that the color scheme was a bit different from the preview in the station construction mode, but it's hard to tell from the tiny picture.

Well, now, ONWARD! (to acquire enough credits to actually buy them.) :D

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”