War of Intervention... let's just stop to kill some Xenons

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Pares
x4

War of Intervention... let's just stop to kill some Xenons

Post by Pares » Sat, 3. Apr 21, 17:40

The Terran fleet (the Asgard and a Tokyo accompanied with dozens of fighters) and my Syn is on the way to erase the Yaki... but the Terran Commander thought it was fine to just stop and shoot some Xenon stations on the way. In Tharka's Cascade XV...
There are those two Xenon stations just before the superhighway to TCXVII, and obviosly the AI can't just ignore those two completely irrelevant stations and focus on the mission objective and just go past them to deal with the larger, imminent threat. And apart from the dangerous zone that eats the fighters if I stay in sector (amazing design right there) there is absolutely no Xenon presence apart from the two stations. Just wait until the bulletsponge station veeery slowly looses it's hull integrity... Not very exciting.
The plot was interesting so far, but this will be extremely tedious, and not "very hard" as the mission description says, if I have to wait until the fleet destroys every Xenon station in the way, and looking at the map, there are at least 3-4 more that could distract the commanders attention...

Pares
x4

Re: War of Intervention... let's just stop to kill some Xenons

Post by Pares » Sat, 3. Apr 21, 23:19

The Terran Fleet turned out to be led by an absolutely incompetent moron. As I expected, the Asgard stopped before the gate to Matrix 79B, and instead of crossing the gate started attacking a Xenon station in the vicinity.

There were actually two Tokyos, and a lot of fighters, while the Asgard was more interested in the Xenon stations, those two crossed the gate with their fighters. Then 3Ks and an I along with a dozen or so fighters hiding in the asteroid field finally reacted to these idiots and went for the Asgard. Then one of the Tokyos came back through the gate to help the Asgard. I don't know what happend to the other one, I never found it's wreck, so I guess it fled while I was too busy saving their asses from the Xenon. Instead of using its deathstar laser, the Asgard went inside the asteroid field, then just stood there. The Tokyo, instead of getting some distance between itself and the Xenon fleet, went to join the Asgard in close combat with its turrets. If I'm not there to kill the 3 Ks and the I, neither the Asgard or the Tokyo survives.

After I dealt with Xenon fleet, round two began. The Tokyo fled home, so it was just me and this retarded Asgard. Then another I came through the gate, and headed straight for the Asgard. The Asgard completely ignored the I and went for big circle trip through to asteroid field and around the Xenon defense platform instead. Again, if I don't deal with the I, the Asgard is destroyed without even putting up a fight. After there were no enemies left just that Xenon defense platform, I thought the Asgard will attack it, but it just continued it's journey around the station. And that's it, I waited a couple of minutes (OOS) for it to go through the gate and continue the mission, but it just didn't.

So I went alone and just wrecked the Yaki myself. That wasn't very hard. That was extremely tedious and utterly dissapointing from the AI.

Kamiyoda
x4

Re: War of Intervention... let's just stop to kill some Xenons

Post by Kamiyoda » Tue, 6. Apr 21, 05:18

Well that sucks, you should build a ship named Surtur and blow up the Asgard with it out of spite.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”