Make War Not Peace Mission

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JonathanVQP
x4

Make War Not Peace Mission

Post by JonathanVQP » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 08:35

I unified the Paranid and later got summoned by Dal at my PHQ. I spoke to him and he offered me three different factions to go to war with. I chose all three since I am crazy and I already built a massive fleet. After the countdown, it stated that I completed the mission "Make War Not Peace". However, in the mission description it states that "you've selected a suitable next target for the Paranid expnsionism." I waited for a couple of hours doing the terraforming stuff but nothing happens. Do I have to wait until Dal contacts me (who knows when?) or do I initiate the war myself and start attacking the three factions I chose to go to war with?

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Make War Not Peace Mission

Post by Gimbutz » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 20:08

Check the faction info in the encyclopedia. They should already be at war.

JonathanVQP
x4

Post by JonathanVQP » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 22:13

I checked the faction information in the encyclopedia and I don't see it. All I see are the enemies to the new faction. I also checked the faction relations and I am not at war with the three factions unless I specifically go to war with them (I thought I would be automatically at war with them after I spoke to Dal and requested this).

The only way I could tell is by looking at the three faction sectors from the map and looking for stations being attacked by the new faction and then going there to attack them with them.

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Mon, 5. Apr 21, 13:36

Are the factions you selected in the conversation now listed under "enemies" for Realm of the Trinity? Then it worked. :)

JonathanVQP
x4

Post by JonathanVQP » Mon, 5. Apr 21, 21:40

Yes, as I stated in my previous post, they are listed as enemies for the Realm of Trinity. However, I guess I have to manually make war with them to attack them proactively. I don't see any questions about this particular mission nor do I see any posts from Egosoft regarding the ending of this mission. Unlike the other missions where there is a definite conclusion (like the Torus mission), after I destroy all the 3 factions, will I get any reward or any definite outcome other than the Realm of Trinity taking over all the three faction territories? This mission is definitely vague and not clearly explained!

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Mon, 5. Apr 21, 22:06

You don't have to do anything. The faction(s) you select become enemies of TRI. When factions are enemies, they see each other's sectors that border their own as valid invasion targets. Beyond that, the faction logic remains unaffected.

There might not be much talk in the forums about the exact effects of this mission because it really does what it says on the tin: a relation change between NPC factions.

Just like the diplomatic investment steps that preceded it, you make a choice and you get the result. It's up to you to decide how you would like your universe to look. :)

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Tue, 6. Apr 21, 18:35

Gimbutz wrote:
Mon, 5. Apr 21, 22:06
You don't have to do anything. The faction(s) you select become enemies of TRI. When factions are enemies, they see each other's sectors that border their own as valid invasion targets. Beyond that, the faction logic remains unaffected.

There might not be much talk in the forums about the exact effects of this mission because it really does what it says on the tin: a relation change between NPC factions.

Just like the diplomatic investment steps that preceded it, you make a choice and you get the result. It's up to you to decide how you would like your universe to look. :)
Does the all option also include terrans although not being able to have talked about them in the dialog and they are not solo selectable because of missing borders?
IIRC the listing under enemie doesn’t have to be „at war“ as in actively fighting. Terrans are enemies to everyone but they don’t fight others and others don’t fight them.

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Tue, 6. Apr 21, 19:11

The last option includes everyone, no matter if they have borders with TRI or not, as the tooltip explains.

You make a good point though. Currently, factions that are valid war targets and factions that simply can't trade are both listed under "enemies", and we're aware that that's not helpful.

JonathanVQP
x4

Post by JonathanVQP » Tue, 6. Apr 21, 19:40

The clarification you made does make sense. Even if the factions you choose to be enemies with, you do not necessarily have to go to war with them.

However, if you selected a faction to go to war with, there is no way to reverse this decision. Is there a way to edit the savegame xml file to reverse the war option to the original setting of not at war with that faction?

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 07:05

JonathanVQP wrote:
Tue, 6. Apr 21, 19:40
The clarification you made does make sense. Even if the factions you choose to be enemies with, you do not necessarily have to go to war with them.

However, if you selected a faction to go to war with, there is no way to reverse this decision. Is there a way to edit the savegame xml file to reverse the war option to the original setting of not at war with that faction?
Doesn't declare war just basically drops their rep to -30? If so you can just adjust the rep back up.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”