Oberoth despawning when done?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Raptor34
x4

Oberoth despawning when done?

Post by Raptor34 » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 13:00

So I've completed the Segaris Terraforming chain, and saw the Oberoth running off to Gaian Prophecy, so figured I'll dock one of my spare Rapiers on it to track it.
Checking back later I saw that my Rapier was destroyed with no sign of what exactly happened.
So that's the Oberoth despawning right?

Black Falcon
x4

Re: Oberoth despawning when done?

Post by Black Falcon » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 13:58

Yes, that's pretty much what happenend in my save - i reloaded because it was the moreya, that i lost in the process.

For investigations I did in fact teleport to the Oberth to see what destroyed the ship ... but there were no enemies and it was already in Segaris.

I think it should despawn when jumping through a Gate. So Entering one side and never leaving - or move out of sight not 100% sure.

When you teleport inside it will not vanisch when leaving segaris and jumping to Gaia. It will stay for a wihle on the other side, not moving.
When you teleport out the sector and wait until it moves again, then teleport back and undock and get distance it will try to jump again....

When you get into it's "gravity field" it may stop again. In my save it disappeared suddenly short after entering the gravity field again... leaving my ship stuttering for ... a while.

Then everything went back to normal, I got the messages about terraforming and I decided continued the save as the story moved on.

So yes ... don't park your ships on potentially abandonned plot ships.
If you are interested in Homeworld 2 or EVE Online, take a look at my mod at:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/eve-rts

Raptor34
x4

Re: Oberoth despawning when done?

Post by Raptor34 » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 14:00

That's about what I figured.
Thanks. Glad I threw something expendable on it. Mainly cause I expected it to be long term.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”