Operation Hyena - What am I missing? - Resolved

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Maebius

Operation Hyena - What am I missing? - Resolved

Post by Maebius » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 13:21

Hello everyone.

Can someone point out what I'm missing to progress the mission?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qo9yuq190mfwv ... a.jpg?dl=0

Cheers
Last edited by Maebius on Thu, 15. Apr 21, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.

chip56

Re: Operation Hyena - What am I missing?

Post by chip56 » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 14:17

Since i dont see that on your screenshot: you did build it at the correct location, right?

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 14:42

chip56 wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 14:17
Since i dont see that on your screenshot: you did build it at the correct location, right?
Yeah, it's visible on the plot tab, sector "Argon Prime".

Do extra modules affect this? (since I put in extra dock and solid container?) :rant:

I actually tore out a 3way terran pier and replaced it with an argon pier, just incase that was race specific too :?

Sattler_Norbert
x4

Post by Sattler_Norbert » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 15:05

Additional stuff should not be a matter. In my game I had to build a hull part production and added the refinaries, storages and solar power module to make a full production instead of just the bare minimum and it did work.... eventually.
The objective to set a certain price took a bit of time until it was accepted (about an hour IIRC), apparently needing a certain number of the endproduct in storage before it is accepted. Speaking of which, this is one of the rare missions where you get to keep the station, so adding stuff is not a waste of money for a change.

Though I have to say I am (positively) surprised this mission is dynamic. I thought it'd always be hull parts for everyone.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 15:16

Maebius wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 14:42
Yeah, it's visible on the plot tab, sector "Argon Prime".
Yeah but since i dont have that mission right now i cant check but i am pretty sure that it was a specific location in argon prime where they want the station and not just anywhere in argon prime in my last game.

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 15:31

chip56 wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 15:16
Yeah but since i dont have that mission right now i cant check but i am pretty sure that it was a specific location in argon prime where they want the station and not just anywhere in argon prime in my last game.
Yeah it is...

Update: On a hunch, I reloaded and claimed the plot only without immediately starting to build the station. It progressed the claim plot step!

Oh well, success!

paraskous
x4

Re: Operation Hyena - What am I missing? - Resolved

Post by paraskous » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 18:36

I had a NPC station sitting smack on the plot - I had to fit in a tiny part of my plot into the area to make it work. I guess better not wait too long before claiming the plot for the mission, ere a NPC one crops up near.

blackice7777
x4

Post by blackice7777 » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 17:28

It seems that I've got stuck on this mission. The was no mission pointer where to build the station (just in Argon space) and I've built it in the Second Contact II which is owned by Argon, since the Argon Prime is already mine. Station works good and even brings me some money, but mission doesn't advance. My reputation with Argon is -30, so they don't trade with it. Also, I have to keep some fleet to protect it.

Any ideas how to proceed with this mission?

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 18:47

blackice7777 wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 17:28
Any ideas how to proceed with this mission?
You need to place it to at least touch the mission orb-pointer. Some (or all?) mission pointers are visible only when you're on board a ship for some reason.

I suppose placing it there, even if Argon don't own the system anymore should work.

My problem seemed to be that I bought the plot+started building it simultaneously, so first buy the plot, wait a bit for the step to progress and then start building it.

blackice7777
x4

Post by blackice7777 » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 20:16

Maebius wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 18:47
You need to place it to at least touch the mission orb-pointer. Some (or all?) mission pointers are visible only when you're on board a ship for some reason.
I know this. But the problem I've already mentioned in my previous post, that there is no mission orb-pointer, even when I'm sitting in ship and the mission is active. (Other missions have this pointer when activated). Thats why I decided that the station should be somewhere in Argon space, but seems this is not the case...

Update: I've just examined the screenshot provided by topic starter and found the difference. In the mission description there is "Argon Prime" as destination sector where the station should be built. In my description there is "null" there.

So, I think it is a bug, becasue the story writters assumed that Argon Prime will always be owned by Argon, but this is not the case in my game. Dear devs, could you please check and fix this?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”