Corin King mission - unable to start

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

|-|Mohawk|-|
x4

Corin King mission - unable to start

Post by |-|Mohawk|-| » Wed, 23. Aug 23, 05:40

So I found all three of the characters who give you unique side quests. I was able to do the first quest for two of them, but the one from Corin King (the scientist building the AI) I can't start. She tells me about her project, but when I ask if I can help, she just says she'll let me know when she's ready for help. Is there something you have to do to trigger the start of this mission or is this a bug?
Autopilot epically failed.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Corin King mission - unable to start

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 23. Aug 23, 12:40

So how did you find out about her missions anyway? Did you not first receive and accept a station mission to find and supply her from a yellow station mission icon?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Wed, 23. Aug 23, 14:22

I think these three characters are always there and you can visit them in their rooms, though they do not always have a mission to offer. This seems to be intended.

|-|Mohawk|-|
x4

Post by |-|Mohawk|-| » Thu, 24. Aug 23, 05:42

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 23. Aug 23, 12:40
So how did you find out about her missions anyway? Did you not first receive and accept a station mission to find and supply her from a yellow station mission icon?
Possibly? If I did it was a long time ago. I found the other two just by going to stations that had the yellow icon. I honestly can't remember if I did the first mission for her or not. What I read online is that each of these characters offers multiple missions, but you might have to wait awhile for the next one to be offered. How long are we talking? Days? Weeks?
Autopilot epically failed.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 24. Aug 23, 08:40

The three sets of mission types are really for background interest/flavour and with relatively little gameplay significance, so I have never really timed them - it might even be a randomised timer with upper and lower limits but I don't know. All I can say is that in multiple mission checks near their stations, sometimes there is a mission icon specifically for one of their missions, and sometimes not. I assume that if there is no station mission icon for them then they would have no mission on being visited in their room.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”