[3.0b2] Station modules taking way too long to build

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

geronimo3
x4

Re: [3.0b2] Station modules taking way too long to build

Post by geronimo3 » Mon, 2. Dec 19, 14:05

one more observation which may be helpfull. This problem has occured out of a sudden for me during 2.6 an 3.0 beta phases. It worked correctly a few hours after installing the beta´s and then something triggered this extended build times. Workaround as said be the others is usage of cv with no drones.
it may worth a thought to implement a function to cancel ongoing constructions by releasing the cv. currently i hav to shot down hired cv´s because i don´t know a way to release them.

thx, geronimo

davidacarter1984
x4

Post by davidacarter1984 » Mon, 2. Dec 19, 15:08

I have noticed issues with this as well, I was building a small factory as part of a mission and when one module completed the next module said 12 minutes to complete, I came back about 10 minutes later expecting the factory to be almost complete and notices the time to completion had jumped to around 50 minutes, unfortunately this was about 12 hours game time ago so I don't have the saves anymore.

This was in a brand new game started when V3 beta became available.
PC Specs
AMD Ryzen 2700x 8C16T 4.2 afr boost
ASUS X370 Prime MB
240mm Corsair AIO
32GB DDR4 3200 4x8GB
AMD Radeon Vega 64
4k Display running at 4k
various SSD Drives from NVME Samsung EVO boot to 1TB WD Blue Game and Data all named brands and trimmed regularly

Robert Harrison
x4

Post by Robert Harrison » Mon, 2. Dec 19, 17:14

I've been suffering through this and come bearing a save.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Z3c3v ... UmC7JJPv1Z

Currently I've got at least five stations under construction. Of them I believe three are being affected by this bug: the two in Manticore B (Nopileos' Fortune IV) and the one in Second Contact II Flashpoint.

The last two currently seem to be fine but I've not been paying much attention to them, these are the stations being built in Manticore A (Nopileos' Fortune II) and Silent Witness XI.
"War is not violence and killing, pure and simple; war is controlled violence, for a purpose. The purpose of war is to support your government's decisions by force."

Excerpt From: Robert A. Heinlein. "Starship Troopers."

Robert Harrison
x4

Post by Robert Harrison » Mon, 2. Dec 19, 17:37

Also, in case it helps, the station in Second Contact II Flashpoint was started at:
Play time - 9 05:53
Time saved using SETA - 4 10:36
Time Spent in SETA - 5 07:55

I'd written them down so I could see how long that specific station took to build, unfortunately I don't have similar info for the rest of the stations under construction.
"War is not violence and killing, pure and simple; war is controlled violence, for a purpose. The purpose of war is to support your government's decisions by force."

Excerpt From: Robert A. Heinlein. "Starship Troopers."

davidacarter1984
x4

Post by davidacarter1984 » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 00:53

link containing zip file of video showing issue happening when timer gets down to 14 minutes it jumped to 30 minutes and save of just after the issue happening

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag9i0umsK-vlkNNXLgI ... g?e=68ZgM2
PC Specs
AMD Ryzen 2700x 8C16T 4.2 afr boost
ASUS X370 Prime MB
240mm Corsair AIO
32GB DDR4 3200 4x8GB
AMD Radeon Vega 64
4k Display running at 4k
various SSD Drives from NVME Samsung EVO boot to 1TB WD Blue Game and Data all named brands and trimmed regularly

Kalanur
x4

Post by Kalanur » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 23:45

I don't know if you still need savegames but this one is from 2.6 with the same problem:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hw9zsg0zn5540 ... ml.gz?dl=0

The station is in Nopileos' Fortune II and the docking module takes over 40 Minutes.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”