New 3.0b Game - Immediate Xenon Invasion?

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Baddieus
x4

New 3.0b Game - Immediate Xenon Invasion?

Post by Baddieus » Sun, 12. Jan 20, 17:13

So ... I was looking to go for more of a trading experience, but found the Xenon were invading Hatikvah's and then spreading to the adjoining sectors relentlessly by the time I got there. So I came up with the thought that I'd try the lottery winner mod/start and take 30 laser towers to surround their gate as fast as I could get there. My ship upgrades + the tower purchase took about 10min, and then the flight time to get to that gate was another 2min, but it was apparently 12min too late. The Xenon had already started building a defense station between the west gates/highways and before I could get the 2nd laser tower deployed a small fleet came through that included a K, which my little Elite was no match for. Is there any chance of a universe aggression option on game starts where those of us who prefer the exploring/trading style game play could select a calmer universe?

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Re: New 3.0b Game - Immediate Xenon Invasion?

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sun, 12. Jan 20, 17:33

I'm sympathetic, but wouldn't it be best to focus on sectors without a xenon gate for trader gameplay?
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Sun, 12. Jan 20, 17:41

"focus on sectors without a xenon gate"

There's not really much left to trade after the Xenon destroy whole sectors of stations … and my trading fleet as they try to pass through.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sun, 12. Jan 20, 17:45

Nonsense. Destroyed stations represent opportunity! It means theres a supply shortage that needs to be filled. And all the war losses drive the economy too.

3.0 is supposed to have a blacklist mechanic. I haven't used it and i'm not sure if its in yet.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sun, 12. Jan 20, 18:20

Sandalpocalypse wrote:
Sun, 12. Jan 20, 17:45
3.0 is supposed to have a blacklist mechanic. I haven't used it and i'm not sure if its in yet.
Blacklist mechanic works really well. In my current game I'm mostly based in Antigone Memorial & all my freighters use blacklists to restrict where they can go & who they can trade with.

Travel blacklist restricts them to ARG, ANT, TEL & HOP sectors (HOP included because they own several former ANT sectors) & also prohibits them from entering Argon Prime (too many Xenon around there) & True Sight (to prevent them entering main HOP sectors).

Have 2 trade blacklists currently in use: most ships are restricted to trade with ANT, ARG, MIN & TEL stations only, a few are restricted to trade with my stations only - primarily used on ships which transport E-Cells from my SPP to my shipyard (it burns through over 200k E-Cells per hour so thought a bit of dedicated logistical support might be advisable to ensure continuous supply).

AuGuR
x4

Post by AuGuR » Sun, 12. Jan 20, 19:46

Quite honestly, I think the gate in Hatikva I needs to be moved off the tradelane/gates. Neither the ones in Teladi nor HOP space are near enough to cause that much of a disruption.

In my current game and at the start, HAT was being overwhelmed at those gates, even lost half the sector by the time I was in a position to "help". In Inanamus Zura (sp?), the Teladi were initially taking a beating, but then managed to push back after losing their trade station there. Only a few hours in, HOP had completely pushed back and claimed the 3 closest Xenon systems and were working on the last. The Teladi seem overly "neutral", but are currently putting up defense platforms in PAR space, as PAR has been inable to defend itself against HOP, much like the Argon/Antigone.

When I finally could, I pushed into the Tharka systems, removing the Xenon presence there, and only have the Matrix #697(?) one left to take out. Once done, only MD-spawned Xenon will be around. All the while though, the Argon/Antigone forces were more interested in defending the systems I owned than taking on the Xenon and/or HOP, which is the current powerhouse faction. Now I even see both PAR and the Teladi, not the ministry, doing the same.

As to the OP, I too found it odd that Hatikva I was already on the brink of losing the fight. The Argon economy was already busted as a result because very few tradeships made it past the Xenon blockade/gate camp.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 13. Jan 20, 00:56

I do wish that there was a bit of a buffer between that Xenon sector. Having Xenon ships steaming into a major trade route early-game is pretty distressing? Thankfully, my soft and squishy ships rarely get harassed when passing through though. However, they get jumped if they have actual business there.

I would like "buffer sectors" to be war zones that spawn at the start of the game with roughly even sides. Natural variance in ships being built for both sides might swing the battle one way or the other. If the Xenon did take the buffer sector, great, then they can start invading proper space.

I personally found it a little odd that there's basically a full-blown WAR going on at the start of the game in a main sector. I'd prefer if this naturally evolved over time, or via a player interaction event, before all-out war breaks out. Earlier games have used similar pacing to trigger events. IIRC correctly wasn't the Kha'ak invasion of X2 triggered by the player state? I think it happened after we built our first station or something like that, it's been a while since I played. Regardless, that was a great way to introduce some danger for a new player. For returning players, they could player the game their way and perhaps avoid / delay such events. Quite cool.

Scoob.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Tue, 14. Jan 20, 07:42

To fix this they really need to turn HAT into a full fledged faction with a starting army that can at least manage to hold itself against the initial Xenon onslaught

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Tue, 14. Jan 20, 14:47

For me it looks like
Contested: Hatikvas, IanamusZura
Losses: Company Regard, Hewas Twins
Victories: HOP xenon sectors

All in all very exciting, but I also fight quite a bit, initially with the Nova, Buzzard, Nemesis, Odysseus (20x S fighter) now I have a Colossus and try to win back Hewas Twins.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”