[3.30 Release] Game Freezes After Curbs Declares Independence - Resolved by updating graphics driver.

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Stu Austin
x4

[3.30 Release] Game Freezes After Curbs Declares Independence - Resolved by updating graphics driver.

Post by Stu Austin » Thu, 20. Aug 20, 06:06

Hello all. After giving the Curbs their fleet, landing on their Raptor, listening to their speech, I take off from the Raptor and as the Curbs are fighting with the Split, my game freezes. Will try to figure out a way to get past the fighting and thru the Accelerator.
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

Stu Austin
x4

Re: [3.30 Release] Game Freezes After Curbs Declares Independence

Post by Stu Austin » Thu, 20. Aug 20, 08:24

Hello all. I figured out what to do (workaround). When the fighting started, I teleported to my shipyard in the Split sector. Called my Eclipse to dock at my current location. Teleported to the Eclipse once it got free of the Free sectors.
From then on had no more freeze ups. Maybe what happened was as the stations were getting re-named, it just froze up while I was in those sectors while the stations were getting renamed.
stu

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 20. Aug 20, 11:02

Do you have a savegame shortly before the freeze, so that we can try and reproduce it?

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Fri, 21. Aug 20, 00:00

Hello all. This is seconds before the freeze. You can jump in the Eclipse and head for the Accelerator.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgBwNv1JBVJOgzLhwOO ... V?e=jSdKyj
Its save_010.rar

Stu

izalith
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by izalith » Fri, 21. Aug 20, 12:44

Hello Stu,

I was not able to reproduce the issue from this save file. I saw you had ships in Heart of Acrimony II, does it still freeze if you teleport there right after the speech (before the Shipyard/Wharf in that sector change ownership)?

And does the game recover from the freeze or do you need to close it?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 21. Aug 20, 19:57

I had a similar issue a couple of months ago when I was recording a video series. Shortly after the independence speech the game crashed/froze. Both times I had it occur I was in a M ship watching the combat nearby and it resulted in needing the application to be closed. The time I got past it was when I stayed in the Raptor bridge and watched the fight. I was siding with the Curbs.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Fri, 21. Aug 20, 23:04

izalith wrote:
Fri, 21. Aug 20, 12:44
Hello Stu,

I was not able to reproduce the issue from this save file. I saw you had ships in Heart of Acrimony II, does it still freeze if you teleport there right after the speech (before the Shipyard/Wharf in that sector change ownership)?

And does the game recover from the freeze or do you need to close it?
Hello. Yes, it still froze if I teleported to my Ody in Heart of Acrimony II. Let me reload my save and when it freezes, I'll let it sit for a few minutes to see if it recovers.
stu

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Sat, 22. Aug 20, 01:38

Hello. Loaded the save and it froze and let it sit for a while and it never recovered. Updated the Video driver and it works fine now. Thanx.
stu

Clownmug
x4

Re: [3.30 Release] Game Freezes After Curbs Declares Independence - Resolved by updating graphics driver.

Post by Clownmug » Mon, 14. Sep 20, 02:13

I think I encountered this problem today. After the decleration speech it seems like the game freezes if I fly toward the accelerator gate. I can still get out of the sector by teleporting though, and afterward I can fly between Heart of Acrimony 1 and 2 without any problem.

Here's a savegame just before talking to the Curbs leader if anyone's interested. Was flying a Dragon Raider and used spacesuit to dock on the Curbs flagship if it matters.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10KtzSd ... sp=sharing

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”