[3.20] Bug? - No warning that an upgrade cannot be fulfilled - Possibly fixed in 3.30 b1.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

alt3rn1ty
x4

[3.20] Bug? - No warning that an upgrade cannot be fulfilled - Possibly fixed in 3.30 b1.

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 6. Jun 20, 01:03

I think I have a bug.
No mods installed (as usual for me)

Save file = https://www.dropbox.com/s/8vvtc35ong5bc ... ml.gz?dl=0

Screenshot 1 https://i.imgur.com/DYHdWQo.png
Screenshot 2 https://i.imgur.com/tAJqfuH.png
Screenshot 3 https://i.imgur.com/oToT9Xf.png
Screenshot 4 https://i.imgur.com/flSudtB.png

Load up the save, you are in the Nemesis
Go to Upgrade / Repair
As in screenshot 1, choose turret, choose M2 turret, select Bolt Mk1
Dont select anything else, and note there is no warning that the upgrade will take some time
choose "Add to shopping list" and you should have the same as Screenshot 2
Click "Confirm Order"

Hopefully you can reproduce and you will see the same as Screenshot 3 "There is a scheduled upgrade for this ship" .. With no prior warning that there are any issues to prevent the order going ahead immediately. See also Screenshot 4 on the map screen the Nemesis has now got the Spanner (repair / upgrade icon) indicating the ship is waiting for the upgrade to start / complete.

I have tried this in three different wharfs now (the one we are landed at in the save is the third). Argon Prime, Trinity Sanctum III and now at Holy Vision. At AP I went in another ship to explore while waiting (for about 4 hours real time). At Trinity Sanctum III I just let the computer run all day while I went out and did other stuff. Now I am getting the same issue at Holy Vision without any kind of warning I think its time to call it a bug.

If they are all out of resources fair enough .. But we normally get a warning in bold yellow writing at screenshot 1 if there are such issues, and I am getting none at all.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Re: [3.20] Bug? - No warning that an upgrade cannot be fulfilled

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sun, 7. Jun 20, 20:04

I have since the initial report had this happen trying to purchase Advanced Satellites on the same Nemesis Vanguard in the save game, I also tried a Teladi Wharf to change the turret .. which resulted in the same problem.

I have given up hope of being able to purchase anything for this ship, other ships are not having problems upgrading / purchasing.

Could this be because I have used the "remove all orders" command to remove a pending upgrade earlier in the game? (I don't know of any other method to cancel an order once it is in progress and waiting on resources).
I think I may have done this earlier in the game on the Nemesis before the save game given, and wonder if the ship is now in a permanent state of waiting on orders which (to me at least) are no longer applicable, but maybe hidden and still waiting?

Seriously considering building up enough money to buy a new Nemesis Vanguard with everything I want installed, and then transferring the whole crew across, and selling the old one. Seems like the only way to get the setup I want without losing all the crew experience.
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

Seeker of Sohnen.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Thu, 11. Jun 20, 02:36

Since my last post, I have bought a new Nemesis Vanguard and transferred crew across

The new Nemesis Vanguard does not have this problem, and I can upgrade / add Advanced satellites without issues at the same stations

-----------------------

So I believe it is because at some point in the past (I cant remember when), an upgrade was taking too long and I wanted to be away doing something else, so while it was only so many percent through upgrading, I right clicked it in the Property menu and chose "Remove all Orders"

That seemingly cancelled the upgrades in progress, but maybe has permanently marked the ship as awaiting a scheduled update which I can no longer remember where that was, so cant take the ship back to where the hidden scheduled update needs to be completed = The ship will be forever waiting to complete something I have no clue how to resolve.

Seeker of Sohnen.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Mon, 15. Jun 20, 16:52

Yikes, this one led us down a rabbit hole. The Alliance Wharf was apparently hacked a long time ago and never really recovered correctly. This would have led to some issues if something decided to build or upgrade there. Apparently, the Nemesis did. We'll look at fixing it and patching affected ships.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Mon, 15. Jun 20, 17:11

8) Thank you Xenon_Slayer for looking into it.

Seeker of Sohnen.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Re: [3.20] Bug? - No warning that an upgrade cannot be fulfilled - Devs on the case.

Post by alt3rn1ty » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 23:54

Was going to follow on with confirming the fix .. But I seem to have lost or maybe deleted the save file on DropBox.

Anyway, noticed a couple of related fixes in 3.30 Beta 1 ..
Fixed rebuilt build modules remaining in an inoperable state if they were wrecked before existing hack expired.
Fixed ships having lingering links to inoperable build modules resulting in them not being able to upgrade elsewhere.
.. so I think this topic can be closed as fixed.

Will keep an eye out for anything similar and make a new topic if needs be. Thank you :)

Seeker of Sohnen.

Return to “X4: Foundations”