[3.30] - Assigning Manager from ship not working - Fix in a future build.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

theborg921
x4

[3.30] - Assigning Manager from ship not working - Fix in a future build.

Post by theborg921 » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 13:05

hi,

I tried 3 times to asigne a manager to a defence station from the ship docked at the station and nothing happens.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [3.30] - Asignin Manager from ship not working

Post by CBJ » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 13:05

We're going to need a bit more information than that. The simplest way to give it to us would be to provide a savegame and steps to reproduce the problem from there.

theborg921
x4

Post by theborg921 » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 13:18

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 26. Jun 20, 13:05
We're going to need a bit more information than that. The simplest way to give it to us would be to provide a savegame and steps to reproduce the problem from there.
Save game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uniwy50enwu7d ... ml.gz?dl=0

There is a ship parked at the station named MANAGER TEST.

cya

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 13:34

So, I have that same issue, of assigning a manager to a station.

I have the ship dock at the station, then select the person on the ship, comm him, have him work someplace else for me, select the station, select manager, assign... and he leaves the ship, but never takes over as manager. He's just gone.... and there doesn't appear to be anyone anywhere on any of the docks or walk around spaces.

BUG: Also, when interacting with a ships crew, it freezes up the information tab for me. So if I dock a freighter, and I look at my crew, which are all currently service crew. If I hit that little up arrow for skill to reorder them high to low or low to high, and then change from Current Role to Management or Service Crew... it stops working. The game keeps running, and I can do other stuff, but I can't get to OTHER ships info screens, and mess about with their crew, see crews individual ratings in other areas asides from service crew. Though I'll start a separate thread for this....

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 14:08

Also reported by dtpsprt here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

grapedog
x4

Re: [3.30] - Assigning Manager from ship not working - Devs on the case.

Post by grapedog » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 14:22

Here is another save with the same issue.

Save

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 14:55

grapedog wrote:
Fri, 26. Jun 20, 13:34
I have the ship dock at the station, then select the person on the ship, comm him, have him work someplace else for me, select the station, select manager, assign... and he leaves the ship, but never takes over as manager. He's just gone.... and there doesn't appear to be anyone anywhere on any of the docks or walk around spaces.
Which station is that?

Edit. Nevermind. Think I've reproduced the issue with Nopileos' Fortune VI Agricultural Goods Factory I
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Raascal
x4

Post by Raascal » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 15:20

have the same issue, what worked for me was to dock a ship at the station, teleport to the station, then assign the manager from the ship and it seems to be working, done it 4 times in a row so far with no issues.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 15:57

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Fri, 26. Jun 20, 14:55
grapedog wrote:
Fri, 26. Jun 20, 13:34
Which station is that?

Edit. Nevermind. Think I've reproduced the issue with Nopileos' Fortune VI Agricultural Goods Factory I
That's the one I was trying to assign a manager to when I encountered the bug as well.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 18:07

Thanks for the reports. This will be fixed in the next build.

To avoid this, do not assign service or marines to be managers or shiptraders if both the station and their ship is far away from you.

It will work if you are nearby, where you can see the person leave the ship and walk to the office.

Unfortunately, those people who disappeared are gone. Similarly, there is a bug where you can assign service crew and marines to stations, which leads to other issues. It is best to avoid doing that as we can't promise that those people will be returned.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

dtpsprt
x4

Re: [3.30] - Assigning Manager from ship not working - Fix in a future build.

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 19:04

Actually, assigning a new person from a station as a Manager to my Station was the one that worked.

krlc
x4

Post by krlc » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 20:45

I tried to assign manager too many times before I read this forum, I think I did it like 5 times. Now it says "There is no free space for this person on the selected object." when I try to do again they way you said.
What I can do now? I don't see any personnel on that station. Will this also get fixed or do I just rebuild the station?
https://imgur.com/Q7Mxeb7

Save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MbqCWB ... sp=sharing
It's the station missing manager, there is only one.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 21:18

@ krlc: I think that is exactly the sort of issue that Xenon_Slayer in his advice hoped that you could avoid as it may not be recoverable. In your case it may be best to pull up one of the saves you backed up before playing the 3.30 beta and starting again in the beta from that. Avoid the manager transfer situation until it is reported fixed. At least we are still on beta 1 so not too much progress should be lost.

This just illustrates why play intended for long-term gaming progress but using beta versions is not a good idea.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

krlc
x4

Post by krlc » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 21:36

@Alan Philipps: If it's not recoverable it's ok, the station has only 4 modules so far. I will just rebuild the station then.

Return to “X4: Foundations”