[3.30 B1] "Display skill for role" menu not working, breaks ship information screen

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

VStraken
x4

[3.30 B1] "Display skill for role" menu not working, breaks ship information screen

Post by VStraken » Sat, 27. Jun 20, 16:42

It seems that on any owned ship that has any amount of crew beyond the pilot/captain, if I select any of the options in the "Display skill for role" drop-down menu, it fails to show the appropriate skills and also makes all of the buttons on the information screen unresponsive. While you can exit the menu and try again, the information screen does not seem to pop up consistently even when you click its button, and the crew tab becomes inaccessible for that particular ship; trying to click on it causes the information screen to be stuck on whatever tab was open beforehand. These problems seem to persist for all ships on which i attempted to use the "Display skill for role" menu. Reloading only resolves the issue until the next time I use the menu.

To reproduce, select any ship with at least one other crew member aside from the pilot/captain, open its information screen, go to the Crew tab, select any other option aside from the initial in the "Display skill for role" menu, and then try to click any other buttons in the information screen.

I started a new game without any mods/extensions and was able to reproduce this issue.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [3.30 B1] "Display skill for role" menu not working, breaks ship information screen

Post by CBJ » Sat, 27. Jun 20, 16:44

Starting a new game without mods may not be sufficient, if a mod has left behind some settings. See this report for a similar case.

VStraken
x4

Re: [3.30 B1] "Display skill for role" menu not working, breaks ship information screen

Post by VStraken » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 04:03

Well darn. I'll have to get around to doing that some time. The issue is minor, but annoying. Thanks for giving me the heads up!

dannyxx30
x4

Post by dannyxx30 » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 16:46

I get this too and I don't have any mods installed, just save edits.

dannyxx30
x4

Post by dannyxx30 » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 16:50

Other people have reported it too @VStraken

viewtopic.php?f=192&t=428625#p4967211

Return to “X4: Foundations”