3.30 b1: unable to accept any missions with Beta - Explained.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lock

3.30 b1: unable to accept any missions with Beta - Explained.

Post by lock » Sat, 27. Jun 20, 22:42

I am using the current beta version, no mods.
I have notice that I cannot accept any missions from any fractions and from any stations that are offering any missions.

The accept is greyed out.
I have searched the forums for anything that is close to my question but only come up with others topics that relate to using mods, which I do not.

Ok, I have done an extensive looking At my saved files from previous days, and also from the same day as I had installed the beta 3.30 ver. 403173

From the time I had installed the updated beta as above, the missions in other saved files were not showing at all, from any stations in any sectors, also from the quick saved file (F5) there, were the same, only the missions were available, BUT the accept was also greyed out.

I can do any mission that I had already had in my mission manager...but not the above.

I would send a save file but dropbox now requires me to pay 494.00 US dollars a year to use their service, or 15.00 to 20.00 month to month.

Unless there is another way, I need to know.
"Just the facts..leave the rest for the others to wonder about"

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: unable to accept any missions with Beta

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 12:43

Have you verified your game installation since the beta update?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

lock

Post by lock » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 13:00

Yes of course, also had turned off Steam Cloud, have also checked other save files, they also do not have ANY missions from any stations that I can accept, its also greyed out, but missions that I have accepted earlier an have not done, those I can do.

So another issue with this same problem, is that before I was not using the colors from the other fractions, I was just using the default, and if I wanted to know what fraction was around me, I would just do it by clicking on the ship to see what fraction it was...

So now I put the colors of the fractions in it through the menu, and lo an behold, ALL missions have now vanished from all stations in every sector, where as including the one I was originally in, I can go to any sector and as before they would blink the missions as I am passing through the sectors, now not even that.

I though at first that some fraction was mad at me because I been killing pirates an xenons alot, they were killing my traders..so what comes around..goes around.

Nope, that wasn't it, it is a genuine bug.

edit: add.
Another thought is mebie I should revert back to the original game and look to see if I can do the missions there, so I will what I find out.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 13:12

Are you sure you haven't got one or more map filters enabled that prevent the showing of missions and details of certain factions?

lock

Re: unable to accept any new missions with Beta 3.30

Post by lock » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 13:47

Yes, I am sure, if I do not know what I am doing after 2,357 hours in the game, then I will search until I find the answer.

Update:

current content BuildID:5214036
all files successfully validated
continue game is greyed out: inconpatable version (see load game for more information)
under load game:
unknown game version 3.30 in red letters
ALL Beta's saved game files are not able to load.
I can only load those save game files that were before the beta
this means I cannot reproduce the greyed out accept file bug with the regular game.
setting has a exclaimation symbol

This is as expected to happen...no explaination is necessary.

The beta game 3.30 has a greyed out accept new mission bug.

UPDATE:
This is the location for the file to view...and download..it will expire in 7 days.

https://easyupload.io/p5m214

So to continue my current game in beta, am faced with no accept missions, Or rebuild it in the regular game....am at a standstill at this point...I have done beta's here and other games before.

I have decided to continue my game in the current form 3.20 ver.

Until you have figured out what it is, and send me a link to it, I will continue with the beta testing 3.30 ver. but for now I cannot play until this is fixed as I do alot of missions in the game.
Last edited by lock on Sun, 28. Jun 20, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 15:02

Thanks for the further investigation but what still baffles me about it is that if you are convinced that it is a new and beta-only issue, then why are you reporting it in the 3.20 release version Tech Sp?

What I am seeing in the public beta forum is several 3.30 beta 1 testers reporting that if they have several missions at the same time then they cannot open the mission manager. However, that is sometimes worked around by a save/reload cycle.

lock

Post by lock » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 15:06

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 28. Jun 20, 15:02
Thanks for the further investigation but what still baffles me about it is that if you are convinced that it is a new and beta-only issue, then why are you reporting it in the 3.20 release version Tech Sp?
I do not see any other place to post this except for tech support. In my menu of this forum, there isn't a place that states that its for the beta.

This post could be moved however, but if its not possible, I will abandon the beta and not do the beta for the betterment of the game.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 15:09

Heh, the public beta forum is where you got the information to enable you to download the beta from. I'll move the thread if you still want me to.

lock

Post by lock » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 15:40

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 28. Jun 20, 15:09
Heh, the public beta forum is where you got the information to enable you to download the beta from. I'll move the thread if you still want me to.
Its ok by me, It needs to go where it could do the most good, the file is at the link above, its good for 7 days. I am curious as to what made it do that as I did not make it do it by changing anything, as I recall, it was suddenly done by it self...and I had noticed it then.

Update:

I also had a couple of two 4 star pilots transfering to another ship at this instant that this happened, then I had docked at the base. The ship had already had one opening available, but then seen that there was not a place for the other pilot at that instant.

Scoob
x4

Re: 3.30 b1: unable to accept any missions with Beta

Post by Scoob » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 20:30

Isn't there now a limit to the number of missions (excluding plot / storyline ones) that the player can have at once now? That might be what's blocking accepting additional missions?

I generally take any and all "kill n Kha'ak / Xenon / SCA etc, type missions as I see them. Then, during regular game play, I get a little bonus every so often from mine and my ships kills. I cannot recall the mission limit off the top of my head, hopefully it's 20 or so, I think I currently have around 10 accepted missions in my list, plus a couple of plot (Split and Paranid) ones.

Just a thought.

Scoob.

lock

Post by lock » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 03:32

I only have 60 missions that are not done, surely I had seen other players on steam that had lots more then that, but anyway, until this is resolved I cannot do the beta because the missions are my mission in the game and destroying the enemy, most all the fractions except for 3 or 4 , I do not have the 30 rep, but am working on it...

So I had to go back to the regular version, and I now have missions and can do as I was before I tried to help with the beta, it was a game breaker for me, as the missions were what I was doing the beta for.

Good luck with the beta with trying to figure out where it drop the ball.

Until its fix with a update, I will have to not do the beta until its repaired.

lock

Post by lock » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 03:42

lock wrote:
Mon, 29. Jun 20, 03:32
I only have 60 missions that are not done, surely I had seen other players on steam that had lots more then that, but anyway, until this is resolved I cannot do the beta because the missions are my mission in the game and destroying the enemy, most all the fractions except for 3 or 4 , I do not have the 30 rep, but am working on it...

So I had to go back to the regular version, and I now have missions and can do as I was before I tried to help with the beta, it was a game breaker for me, as the missions were what I was doing the beta for.

Good luck with the beta with trying to figure out where it drop the ball.

With 2369 hrs in the game, I believe I know some of how the game works, but there is always room for me to learn more.

Thanks

Until its fix with a update, I will have to not do the beta until its repaired.

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 09:20

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:49
  • Added limit of 10 simultaneous accepted missions (excluding plot, upkeep and guidance missions).
Not counting plot, upkeep and guidance missions you have 44 missions. So this new limit prevents you from accepting more and the tool-tip on the accept button states "You cannot accept any more missions"
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

lock

Post by lock » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 14:49

BurnIt! wrote:
Mon, 29. Jun 20, 09:20
CBJ wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:49
  • Added limit of 10 simultaneous accepted missions (excluding plot, upkeep and guidance missions).
Not counting plot, upkeep and guidance missions you have 44 missions. So this new limit prevents you from accepting more and the tool-tip on the accept button states "You cannot accept any more missions"
No, am not getting any errors, just that the "accept" is greyed out on any stations missions, am at peace with everybody.

lock

Re: 3.30 b1: unable to accept any missions with Beta - Explained.

Post by lock » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 14:54

https://easyupload.io/p5m214

link to file, 6 days till expiration.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 15:31

Ten is a VERY low-limit for accepted missions, what's the reasoning behind this low number? The missions I like (kill x number of Xenon etc.) have proven quite rare for me. So, I accept all that I can, even if I perhaps cannot easily do them yet. Then, once I have some more combat-capable ships, I can start reaping the rewards of accepting said missions.

I really hope this limit can be lifted. If there's a technical reason for this then fair enough, but it does really limit my personal gameplay style and I've got no where near lock' s 60 accepted missions.

I'd suggest 20 or so as an absolute lower limit, I can accept 10 generic missions at once fairly easily early-game when I'm trying to boost my income and Faction standing. 10 is not enough.

Scoob.

lock

Post by lock » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 18:42

Yes, I agree its not enough...I had these long at the beginning of my game, I just haven't had the time to do them at that time, not the resources.

If its going to be limited, there will be alot of players complaining as I know of some on steam that has triple the amount I have...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 23:09

Return to “X4: Foundations”