Serious Problem with crew reassignment - Further improvements in the next build (b2).

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dtpsprt
x4

Serious Problem with crew reassignment - Further improvements in the next build (b2).

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 19:46

I tried (to the best of my ability to "capture" the abandoned Osprey in Company Regard.

Three tries that failed:

A) Reassigning a Crew Member to Marine (using the slide bar to empty the [only] Crew Member and put it as Marine with the Marine Slide Bar). No Joy, the moment I close the menu the Crew Member becomes Crew Member again.

B) Giving the Crew Member the command "Work Somewhere else for me". indicating the same ship but giving the designation Marine. The Crew Member becomes Marine, but the Pilot does not know that it has a Marine on board so he can capture the Osprey, the Capture option remains grayed.

C) Almost same as B) But I saved, and reloaded. Now the option to Capture the Osprey appears but it does not happen even if I ordered the ship to capture it (Option 1).

In all three cases the Global Command for Abandoned Ships (Capture if Possible) was on.

Game Vanilla, start Accomplished Scientist but it happened also in moded game and in vanilla Split Start, so it must be easily tracked down...

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Serious Problem with crew reassignment

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 12:49

In the upcoming beta 2 there are several fixes to crew transfer. Please give it another go once it's available.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

dtpsprt
x4

Re: Serious Problem with crew reassignment

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 17:13

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Wed, 1. Jul 20, 12:49
In the upcoming beta 2 there are several fixes to crew transfer. Please give it another go once it's available.
Will surely do... this Osprey is worth nothing as a Frigate but it is a serious source of income in early game...

Return to “X4: Foundations”