[3.30 Beta 1] Put Ship into internal storage Feedback

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

[3.30 Beta 1] Put Ship into internal storage Feedback

Post by Scoob » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 03:43

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for this, it's something I've wanted since I first docked a ship at another.

This order's available is inconsistent. For example, from the Property Owned Tab I can right-click any docked ships and select "Put into internal storage". This is great. However, when looking at one of my ships in external view and selecting a visibly docked ship the new command isn't present. Being able to click on docked ships visibly on the surface of another ship and issuing the order from there is essential to make this command as useful as possible.

Look at it this way:

Option 1: Look at a list of docked ships, and manually select those that are not stowed away and issue the order.
Options 2: (Not available) Click a ship that's clearly visible on a Pad and order it stowed away from there.

Option 2 would be more intuitive for me, indeed it's the first way I looked for this new command.

Hopefully it can be added to the menu while in an external view like this.

Scoob.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Re: [3.30 Beta 1] Put Ship into internal storage Feedback

Post by TSM » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 17:35

When i tried this on a Cerebus with two ships if I placed one in storage the other one was retrieved, intentional feature of oversight ?
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 17:54

TSM wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 17:35
When i tried this on a Cerebus with two ships if I placed one in storage the other one was retrieved, intentional feature of oversight ?
Doesn't that class of ship have room for one S-Class ship internally and one on the Pad?

Scoob.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 18:32

Scoob wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 17:54
TSM wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 17:35
Doesn't that class of ship have room for one S-Class ship internally and one on the Pad?

Scoob.
Aye but if it deploys drones it still docks 2 ships ;)
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 18:51

TSM wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 18:32
Aye but if it deploys drones it still docks 2 ships ;)
I think it's treated as a special situation when deploying Drones. Still, it's a mystery to me... a Drone is not much smaller than an S-Class ship, so how so many fit is beyond me... Maybe they flat-pack when stowed :)

Scoob.

Return to “X4: Foundations”