[3.30 B1] Escape pod launch with no crew - Explained, they were distress drones.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TL-Basis
x4

[3.30 B1] Escape pod launch with no crew - Explained, they were distress drones.

Post by TL-Basis » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 21:10

[3.30 Beta (403173)] vanilla, german
I have two Ares in fight, both send the message "I got hit" (Ich wurde getroffen) and lauched escape pods (Autonome Notfalldrohne). The captain and the only one service crew member are still on board of the ships.
The ships are still alive and fighting.
Who is in the escape pod? :gruebel:
I guess it's the guardian angel, because the two ships might not survive, even though they have some hull damage but now full shields and the escape pods are docking at the next station. Maybe the pilots teleport to the escape pod later.

My bug opinion: When escape pods launch there should be crew in it.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [3.30 B1] Escape pod launch with no crew

Post by CBJ » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 21:26

If you were to provide a savegame, we might actually be able to take a look and see who is on board the escape pod, if anyone.

TL-Basis
x4

Post by TL-Basis » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 22:53

You need to press pause quite soon.
There are three Ares with captain and one service crew and two escape pods docking at the upper right station.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhlFdBetlmmZiBn1SH3 ... C?e=CK4U42

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 23:07

"Autonome Notfalldrohne". You mean Autonomous Distress Drone. These are no escape pods. They are automated (unmanned) self-propelled distress beacons launched with the intent of getting help/informing nearby stations of an assault. Big ships launch them all the time.

Return to “X4: Foundations”